Do you have breakfast at the restaurant or windjammer

A quick glance at the RC app on my phone shows the MDR breakfast menu has:

Granola Parfait

Seasonal Fruit Plate

Breakfast Power Wrap (Egg whites, spinach, mushrooms,and mozz)

Danishes, Croissants, Muffins, Hot and Cold Cereals

Standard Plate - 2 eggs, bacon, sausage links, toast, OJ

Omelet w/2 sides and toast - fillings include (pick up to 4) ham, salmon, tomato, onion, mushrooms, spinach, peppers, cheddar

Breakfast Burrito

NY Bagel and Lox

Classic Eggs Benedict

Market Vegetable Breakfast Bowl

French Toast

Buttermilk Pancakes

Assorted sides: bacon, links, sauteed mushrooms, grits, hash brown potatoes, corned beef hash, friut cup

Edited by ramja96
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

When we were on Mariner last month, they were definitely passing the baskets around at breakfast time in the dining room.  Such delicious items in those baskets that I could have just eaten from there on a couple of mornings.

Yes, we were also on Mariner this past May and Danish baskets were being circulated. I love the cinnamon rolls. Also, I noticed that they were more attentive on coffee refills than in past cruises. Perhaps due to the lower occupancy rate but I'm hoping for the best. Since Royal is becoming less and less formal, I think they ought to emulate IHOP and simply bring pitchers of coffee to the table!!

I always get the same thing for breakfast ;).  MDR, Chops or Coastal...

3 eggs over easy, bacon, sausage, hash brown, white toast, danish, and a cappuccino, the wife is always ordering different things.

My kids.....they are a pain.....Chops and Coastal they always special order crepes with nutella and strawberry....usually takes a day or two for the staff to get everything they need to made them....but they pull it off.  It all started on Anthem when the head waiter was like "hey Louis (my son)....how about I make you something super special for breakfast today"....since then its all he wants every morning on a boat.

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

Not a fan of MDR for breakfast (too slow), we much prefer WJ or Solarium Bistro if on Oasis class.  The best omelets on the ship are the made to order in WJ!  

The only time we ever go to MDR for breakfast is the last morning and only to avoid the madness that is WJ on that day.  

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, JOHN 57 said:

I think in the windjammer for lunch is worse.

Agree, Though even Lunch or Dinner in WJ I like to be first in and beat the Rush and Lunch most time I just take it back to my Cabin and eat on my Balcony

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, Though even Lunch or Dinner in WJ I like to be first in and beat the Rush

We often like WJ for dinner just because it's more casual. In 12 cruises I believe I've only seen one dinner "rush".  And it was the way Anthem was filtering passengers into the venue more than being crowded.  Created a huge line at the entrance and made no sense at all.

Edited by ramja96
  • Like 1

Just now, ramja96 said:

We often like WJ for dinner just because it's more casual. In 12 cruises I believe I've only seen one dinner "rush".  And it was of the way Anthem was filtering passengers into the venue.  Created a huge line at the entrance and made no sense at all.

True, though seen more crowed waiting get into Main Dining then WJ. First in WJ an added Benefit is I'm first to touch Utensils and get at Food/Dessert

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

We always claim our table first with coffee and silverware and then get our food.

Having said that, we mostly eat breakfast in the MDR. We like it that it's less hectic and leisurely, not to mention safer not having to use the tongs.

The downside of the MDR is the food is usually not hot due to the delay from galley to table and renders toast, pancakes, waffles etc., not very appealing. My pet peeve: Coffee refills are often slow.

We do claim our table before hand. What I mean by not sitting together is hubby may order an omelet and I get to the eggs at a different time so it takes longer...timing is off at times.

Thanks for the heads up about the warmth of the food.

1 minute ago, sunlover2 said:

We do claim our table before hand. What I mean by not sitting together is hubby may order an omelet and I get to the eggs at a different time so it takes longer...timing is off at times.

Thanks for the heads up about the warmth of the food.

OK. Same here. Sallie likes to get eggs to order and I don't so sometimes our times are messed up too.

I went only once to Mdr for breakfast. I ordered 2 orders of bacon. I repeated it to make sure he understood. He brought me 2 pieces of bacon. And it took forever. I dont have the patience for the Mdr. I go to WJ before and since 

Did Mdr for lunch a few times and my sandwich bun is soggy from the spread. Must sit out a while. Slow service, just not worth it. Dont get why people go but glad some do. I can walk into the WJ and get what I want. I suspect couples have each other to talk to so dont mind sitting waiting. Solo no.

• Haha 1