"Elevate NRD" on my invoice. What does this mean?

ShelleyQT

NRD means you booked a fare with a non-refundable deposit.

Elevate was a option to pay more and upgrade included beverage package from Classic to Premium and get some On Board Credit.

Edited by jelayne
Addition
  • Thanks 1

Awhile back and maybe even today that when you chose the NRD  - Non-Refundable Deposit you didn't get any perks and then they sold the Elevate to add the perks.  

While a NRD is non-refundable it can be moved to a new cruise or refunded if cancelled prior to final payment for a administrative fee of $200.    If booked before a certain date that qualified for cancel for any reason up until 48 hours it is fully refundable.

• Thanks 1

Can NRD's be moved to a new cruise more than one time, paying the admin fee?  My brother and his apparently changed two cruises by moving the NRD and now want to do it again for a different cruise.  She said their TA told them it is not allowed, or rather it has to be approved now by high up in the chain of command.  I don't think this is correct but am not sure, my deposits have almost always been made booking refundable.

• 5 months later...

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  Please can someone tell me what ALLINCBO75 means?  I'm assuming it is All-inclusive and something or other.  The invoice is showing -7315 for each pax.  

It is pretty obvious and I'm pretty sure I booked all inclusive but stupidly forgot to take a screenshot of the quote, and the offer, before I booked.

I wish they'd write it out in full, plain English instead of using the codes!

21 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  Please can someone tell me what ALLINCBO75 means?  I'm assuming it is All-inclusive and something or other.  The invoice is showing -7315 for each pax.  

It is pretty obvious and I'm pretty sure I booked all inclusive but stupidly forgot to take a screenshot of the quote, and the offer, before I booked.

I wish they'd write it out in full, plain English instead of using the codes!

Hi Brenda..  nice to see a post from you.  We just changed a cruise yesterday and so I looked at our summary.  It means you booked the all inclusive pkg and also got a 75% discount on the second passenger.  I hope this helps. 
Mary. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Hi Brenda..  nice to see a post from you.  We just changed a cruise yesterday and so I looked at our summary.  It means you booked the all inclusive pkg and also got a 75% discount on the second passenger.  I hope this helps. 
Mary. 

Hi Mary

Good to hear from you.  Thanks for the info, pleased to have a confirmation of what I (thought I) booked.

As a matter of interest, what happens when you change a cruise, I assume this is after you paid just the deposit, not the full amount?  Do you lose money?

Brenda

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

Hi Mary

Good to hear from you.  Thanks for the info, pleased to have a confirmation of what I (thought I) booked.

As a matter of interest, what happens when you change a cruise, I assume this is after you paid just the deposit, not the full amount?  Do you lose money?

Brenda

We actually changed it before our final payment is due in about two weeks.  We had a non refundable deposit which we were able to just transfer over to this new cruise. Technically there is a penalty of $100 per person which we would loose but the rep was able to get it reversed so we were able to apply the whole deposit.  The cruises were one week apart and both were Transatlantics.  Of course the new fare was substantially higher but it did make travel easier.  We  did give up a SV veranda since there was not one available on the new cruise so we will discover what an Infinite veranda is all about. 
Mary 

7 minutes ago, mauimary said:

We actually changed it before our final payment is due in about two weeks.  We had a non refundable deposit which we were able to just transfer over to this new cruise. Technically there is a penalty of $100 per person which we would loose but the rep was able to get it reversed so we were able to apply the whole deposit.  The cruises were one week apart and both were Transatlantics.  Of course the new fare was substantially higher but it did make travel easier.  We  did give up a SV veranda since there was not one available on the new cruise so we will discover what an Infinite veranda is all about. 
Mary 

Thanks, Mary, all good to know.  Fingers crossed a SV may pop up for you.  Would love to do a Transatlantic again, it was so easy when we lived in Europe but from Australia the dates don't fit well for us.

Brenda