Going to Coco Cay with Mobility issues

Hi ,I'm going to Coco Cay & I am rent a scooter to use on the ship . When I get to Coco Cay I am also getting a pass for the coco beach club . Will I be able to get the scooter on the Tram or can I use the same path the tram takes to get to the beach club

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruisefan0110 said:

Once off the ship, the pedestrians and the tram use the same walkway. It is paved. I don’t know about the paths in Coco Beach Club. 

That wasn't my experience.  The tram bounced up and down quite a bit because it was riding on sand.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

Hi ,I'm going to Coco Cay & I am rent a scooter to use on the ship . When I get to Coco Cay I am also getting a pass for the coco beach club . Will I be able to get the scooter on the Tram or can I use the same path the tram takes to get to the beach club

My husband has his own mobility scooter and was able to  get it on the tram, there are several that have drop down ramps for scooters and wheechairs

• Like 2

He may have some difficult times on the scooter. Can the scooter function on the sand? Your husband first has to the tram. Depending where you get off the ship, it's about a half mile to the tram. The tram doesn't go to the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

He may have some difficult times on the scooter. Can the scooter function on the sand? Your husband first has to the tram. Depending where you get off the ship, it's about a half mile to the tram. The tram doesn't go to the ship.

When I was at Coco Cay last month the tram did go to the ship both for pick up and drop off. I actually walked and DH rode his scooter until we reached the tram station on the Island. On the way back the tram dropped us off at the ship, the driver was very friendly and  informative and was telling us about life on the Island after the ships leave or I would have got off at the station and walked. We really didn't take the scooter in the sand as DH has difficulty walking and didn't want to swim at the beach. The pool has a walk in area which is much better for him as I can easily assist him.

As you are planning to go to the beach club, check with the staff on board re accessibility when you board.

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

When I was at Coco Cay last month the tram did go to the ship both for pick up and drop off. I actually walked and DH rode his scooter until we reached the tram station on the Island. On the way back the tram dropped us off at the ship, the driver was very friendly and  informative and was telling us about life on the Island after the ships leave or I would have got off at the station and walked. We really didn't take the scooter in the sand as DH has difficulty walking and didn't want to swim at the beach. The pool has a walk in area which is much better for him as I can easily assist him.

As you are planning to go to the beach club, check with the staff on board re accessibility when you board.

I was in coco cay in jan. It went all the way to the ship at that time. Almost ran me over too. lol

I think part of the confusion is that there are actually two separate trams (unless this has changed in the last four months): one that takes you up & down the pier, and one that does a loop around the island. So the people saying "it doesn't go all the way to the ship" and the people saying "it goes all the way to the ship" are technically both correct. 😁

• Like 1

There are indeed two different trams (pier and island), and each tram comes in two versions (ramp/space for wheelchairs in addition to seats, or just regular seats).  

There are paved/bricked walkways through the center part of the island, but the "road" (and I use that term loosely) around the edge of the compound that the trams use is unpaved.  

I would recommend using an island-tram to go to the Beach Club, at the very least, as there are no good walkways there.  But you can either ride a pier-tram or walk/scooter from the ship to the island tram station at the end of the pier. 

While there are technically two trams, I had a tram pick us up at the Coco Beach Club and take us directly to the gangway. I wasn't prepared and was fumbling around in my beach bag to get my sea pass card out at the security checkpoint half way to the ship. I have some mobility problems, so it was nice to not have to transfer between trams at the station.