No More Pre-Cruise Testing for Vaccinated guests on voyages less than 6 nights starting August 8th!

7 minutes ago, BND said:

Did I say they caught it because they flew?  No.  I said it was interesting.

Did I say that you said your experience was a suggestion?  Although, THAT is how I took it!  NO!  I'm saying to anyone reading it that it was too anecdotal.  I did quote you as a reference for my post.  But, in my post I never say, "You", "Your", or any reference to you personally.  When/if I want to single YOU out, believe me, I will.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Did I say that you said your experience was a suggestion?  Although, THAT is how I took it!  NO!  I'm saying to anyone reading it that it was too anecdotal.  I did quote you as a reference for my post.  But, in my post I never say, "You", "Your", or any reference to you personally.  When/if I want to single YOU out, believe me, I will.  

Wow, relax.  You said "Too many, ifs, ands, or buts to suggest that the ones that flew got sick because of flying. ".  I just replied that I never said that, which I didn't.  Anecdotal would be me saying it was why they caught it, which again, I never did.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, I thought it was an interesting observation.  When we caught covid while traveling (non cruise) we are pretty sure it was at an airport.  We think that because of the timing and knowing where our public exposure happened.   Of course our angry friend will say "not necessarily", and I suppose he would be right.  

58 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Positivity rate has been useless for over a year,  both due to the mass amounts of home testing and the decreasing severity of the disease

Statistically, the only way positivity rates could be used for decision-making is if people were tested at random, or if everyone were tested.  Any conclusions drawn from data collected using a self-identified subset of the population (i.e. people who are sick and decide they need to be tested) is invalid when applied entire population.  It would be like visiting the local ER and finding that 50% of the people in the waiting room are sick or injured and deciding to shut the city down because of it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So it all sounded good, but there are a few hitches with countries that still require testing...from Carnival...

To be clear, cruises sailing to Kings Wharf (Bermuda) as well as George Town (Grand Cayman), still require pre-cruise testing.

Similarly, all cruises to any port of call in The Bahamas – Nassau, Freeport, Bimini, and even the cruise line’s private island destinations, Half Moon Cay or Princess Cays – require that all passengers have a negative test result before embarkation.

5 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

So it all sounded good, but there are a few hitches with countries that still require testing...from Carnival...

To be clear, cruises sailing to Kings Wharf (Bermuda) as well as George Town (Grand Cayman), still require pre-cruise testing.

Similarly, all cruises to any port of call in The Bahamas – Nassau, Freeport, Bimini, and even the cruise line’s private island destinations, Half Moon Cay or Princess Cays – require that all passengers have a negative test result before embarkation.

Bahamas does not require negative tests for all cruise passengers. Just vaccinations for 12+. Not sure what carnival is doing there.

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Bahamas does not require negative tests for all cruise passengers. Just vaccinations for 12+. Not sure what carnival is doing there.

From the CCL Brand Ambassador's FB page...

Good morning everyone and I am a wee bit late this morning because yes it’s Tuesday and that means I have been shopping for Mum, picked up her prescription medicine from Doctor Longfinger. I have also been told by Mum “ I am a naughty boy “ because I made reference to the miserable face of a lady who on The Antiques Road Show was told by the pottery expert that her vase was not from the Ming Dynasty and thus worth millions but instead was made by a Mr Ming from Cleveland, Ohio and was worth bugger all.
Anyway, I am here to help as many of you as I can and of course the fluid situation we in the cruise industry find ourselves in was made very obvious again last night with the latest news on testing. Let me break this down for you to try and help make it as simple as I can
TESTING NOW REQUIRED ON ALL CRUISES REGARDLESS OF CRUISE LENGTH THAT CALL AT:
Bermuda – You can take a PCR test 3 days before the cruise or one day before the cruise. You can do a Antigen/NAAT self test an home that is monitored or proctored 2 days before the cruise
Nassau, Bimini, Freeport, Half Moo Cay, Princess Cay – You can take a home Antigen/NAAT self test that is monitored or proctored 3 days before the cruise
Grand Cayman - You can do a Antigen/NAAT self test at home that is monitored or proctored 3 days before the cruise
THERE IS NO TESTING REQUIRED FOR THREE, FOUR OR FIVE DAY CRUISES THAT DO NOT CALL AT ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED PORTS
BOOSTERS
The only cruises that require anyone to have had a Booster are:
Carnival Pride® and Carnival Celebration™ Europe – All 2022 departures
Carnival Splendor® 23-day Carnival Journeys (Transpacific) – September 6, 2022
Carnival Spirit® 16-day Carnival Journeys (Panama Canal) – September 20, 2022
So I know this was disappointing news and I know that because of the angry attacks made by a few people accusing us of a u turn. This was of course not what we wanted but proof again that we have to abide by the ever changing rules and requirements of the places we visit.
I also was told there was “ no empathy or caring” in the announcement so while we just wanted to make sure the news was clear and present I do of course have a massive dollop of sympathy for those who thought they would have no need to have their nose pierced with a pipe cleaner.
So thank you everyone. This for sure will not be the last change so please do stay tuned and as always I will do my best to listen and to help. The FUN is waiting for you and I cannot wait to see you have yours.
Cheers and have a brilliant day and Please can everyone share this with at least one person.

3 hours ago, BND said:

Please note:  You asked a question!  Which I answered!

3 hours ago, BND said:

I just replied that I never said that, which I didn't. 

Again, no you asked a question!  Which I answered!

3 hours ago, BND said:

Wow, relax.  You said "Too many, ifs, ands, or buts to suggest that the ones that flew got sick because of flying. ".  

Which I said that I took as a suggestion from you but did not respond to YOU directly, just quoted you for reference for those that read my reply, which is my opinion.

Look, we could go on and on, state our purposes, premises, and definitions.  I'm not going to get into that anymore than I have.  I've stated my opinion and that is all that matters, TO ME!  You and others are welcome to agree or disagree.  That fine with me, too.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

Well, I thought it was an interesting observation.  When we caught covid while traveling (non cruise) we are pretty sure it was at an airport.  We think that because of the timing and knowing where our public exposure happened.   Of course our angry friend will say "not necessarily", and I suppose he would be right.  

And you'd be right..............kinda.

The post that started this talked about flying.  YOU are talking about being in/at an airport and presumably flying.  You broadened the scope.  And that's my point!!!!   Narrowing the probable cause/location of contraction is antidotal at best.   I'd go even further in the scope.  How about stopping to get gas on the way to the airport, stopping at a restaurant, one member of the party going to the airport already carrying the virus even before getting in the car/taxi/cab/shuttle/limo to go to the airport.  What if, what if, what if.  There are just too may ifs, ands, or buts to pinpoint the location of contraction.  The two, possibly, three times I've had COVID, I was not traveling at all before I got it.  In fact, I wasn't doing much social contacting prior to my and my wife's getting COVID.  

Let's cruise!

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

From the CCL Brand Ambassador's FB page...

Good morning everyone and I am a wee bit late this morning because yes it’s Tuesday and that means I have been shopping for Mum, picked up her prescription medicine from Doctor Longfinger. I have also been told by Mum “ I am a naughty boy “ because I made reference to the miserable face of a lady who on The Antiques Road Show was told by the pottery expert that her vase was not from the Ming Dynasty and thus worth millions but instead was made by a Mr Ming from Cleveland, Ohio and was worth bugger all.
Anyway, I am here to help as many of you as I can and of course the fluid situation we in the cruise industry find ourselves in was made very obvious again last night with the latest news on testing. Let me break this down for you to try and help make it as simple as I can
TESTING NOW REQUIRED ON ALL CRUISES REGARDLESS OF CRUISE LENGTH THAT CALL AT:
Bermuda – You can take a PCR test 3 days before the cruise or one day before the cruise. You can do a Antigen/NAAT self test an home that is monitored or proctored 2 days before the cruise
Nassau, Bimini, Freeport, Half Moo Cay, Princess Cay – You can take a home Antigen/NAAT self test that is monitored or proctored 3 days before the cruise
Grand Cayman - You can do a Antigen/NAAT self test at home that is monitored or proctored 3 days before the cruise
THERE IS NO TESTING REQUIRED FOR THREE, FOUR OR FIVE DAY CRUISES THAT DO NOT CALL AT ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED PORTS
BOOSTERS
The only cruises that require anyone to have had a Booster are:
Carnival Pride® and Carnival Celebration™ Europe – All 2022 departures
Carnival Splendor® 23-day Carnival Journeys (Transpacific) – September 6, 2022
Carnival Spirit® 16-day Carnival Journeys (Panama Canal) – September 20, 2022
So I know this was disappointing news and I know that because of the angry attacks made by a few people accusing us of a u turn. This was of course not what we wanted but proof again that we have to abide by the ever changing rules and requirements of the places we visit.
I also was told there was “ no empathy or caring” in the announcement so while we just wanted to make sure the news was clear and present I do of course have a massive dollop of sympathy for those who thought they would have no need to have their nose pierced with a pipe cleaner.
So thank you everyone. This for sure will not be the last change so please do stay tuned and as always I will do my best to listen and to help. The FUN is waiting for you and I cannot wait to see you have yours.
Cheers and have a brilliant day and Please can everyone share this with at least one person.

If this is accurate, then EVERY CCL ship departing Florida will maintain all testing; no changes

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

And you'd be right..............kinda.

The post that started this talked about flying.  YOU are talking about being in/at an airport and presumably flying.  You broadened the scope.  And that's my point!!!!   Narrowing the probable cause/location of contraction is antidotal at best.   I'd go even further in the scope.  How about stopping to get gas on the way to the airport, stopping at a restaurant, one member of the party going to the airport already carrying the virus even before getting in the car/taxi/cab/shuttle/limo to go to the airport.  What if, what if, what if.  There are just too may ifs, ands, or buts to pinpoint the location of contraction.  The two, possibly, three times I've had COVID, I was not traveling at all before I got it.  In fact, I wasn't doing much social contacting prior to my and my wife's getting COVID.  

Let's cruise!

So, "not necessarily" as I said.    No need to YELL at me.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Please note:  You asked a question!  Which I answered!

Again, no you asked a question!  Which I answered!

Which I said that I took as a suggestion from you but did not respond to YOU directly, just quoted you for reference for those that read my reply, which is my opinion.

Look, we could go on and on, state our purposes, premises, and definitions.  I'm not going to get into that anymore than I have.  I've stated my opinion and that is all that matters, TO ME!  You and others are welcome to agree or disagree.  That fine with me, too.  

It's called a "rhetorical question".  

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 7:36 AM, uncwmark said:

According to RCCL's latest quarterly earnings (released this morning)...

"Starting Aug. 8, testing will be required for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer. "

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/royal-caribbean-group-reports-second-120000818.html

I know this won't please everyone, but probably a reasonable step and one that moves cruising towards where the rest of the travel industry has already gone pursuant to COVID. 

OP - maybe it is really time for you to close this thread.......

• Like 1

I just became aware of the Carnival/Bahamas "exception" (we have a sailing 9/1/22 - though it's just Key West and Cozumel). So, am I correct in that Royal does not share that requirement?

10 days until we sail (Indy), and just wanted to make extra sure!

Tom

14 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I just became aware of the Carnival/Bahamas "exception" (we have a sailing 9/1/22 - though it's just Key West and Cozumel). So, am I correct in that Royal does not share that requirement?

10 days until we sail (Indy), and just wanted to make extra sure!

Tom

None of us really know right now.  More information about the updated protocols is going to be sent out to booked guests sometime this week.  Until that happens, it's all just conjecture and how each person chooses to interpret what HAS been released by RC.  I am hoping that "no testing for less than 6 nights" means just that, but there is always fine print.  And we haven't been given the fine print, YET.  (I'm personally going crazy waiting for it even though we don't cruise until November!!😂)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, brevardcruiser said:

We have a 3 nighter coming up august 19.  The APP still says testing.  So I messaged RCL and the rep said no test required.  We shall see.  

Does your 3 day stop in the Bahamas? 

If so, and if Carnival got it right, we all  will be testing regardless of the length of the cruise. 

12 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If so, and if Carnival got it right, we all  will be testing regardless of the length of the cruise. 

I don’t think Carnival has it exactly right. The Bahamas does not require testing for vaccinated visitors.  It does require testing for unvaccinated visitors. That may be causing confusion. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If Carnival got it right, I want to know how Virgin and Margaritaville At Sea are getting around it.  Neither re-quire pre-cruise tests for vaccinated passengers and both have cruises to the Bahamas.  This will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t think Carnival has it exactly right. The Bahamas does not require testing for vaccinated visitors.  It does require testing for unvaccinated visitors. That may be causing confusion. 

7 minutes ago, prmssk said:

If Carnival got it right, I want to know how Virgin and Margaritaville At Sea are getting around it.  Neither re-quire pre-cruise tests for vaccinated passengers and both have cruises to the Bahamas.  This will be interesting to see how this plays out.

No doubt about it, there are a whole lot of moving parts right now that do not seem to fit together in any congruous way whatsoever

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ldubs said:

All caps = yelling.  

All caps, one word "YOU" = Emphasis, not yelling, separating you from BND, for clarification, what ever other than yelling.  Would it have been better if I underlined it, used red font.  Yelling is when you make your whole statement caps, not one word.  Was I yelling when I did COVID?  

And someone told me to relax.  WOW!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

All caps, one word "YOU" = Emphasis, not yelling, separating you from BND, for clarification, what ever other than yelling.  Would it have been better if I underlined it, used red font.  Yelling is when you make your whole statement caps, not one word.  Was I yelling when I did COVID?  

And someone told me to relax.  WOW!

Dude, whatever you say.   

• Like 1