Bath Products

galeforce9

Nice easy non controversial one!  Does any one know specifically what bath products/brand/size are left in cabins now and are they replenished.  I’m talking standard non suite, Aurora but used to be the same across ships.  Just for packing planning purposes.  Is there still bar soap from the white company and Molton brown shower gel? 

We had to ask for a bar of soap (liquid soap provided). Also requested conditioner. Shampoo & shower gel in dispensers in the shower (conveniently labelled in 8 point text 😂) White company products. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ranchi said:

We had to ask for a bar of soap (liquid soap provided). Also requested conditioner. Shampoo & shower gel in dispensers in the shower (conveniently labelled in 8 point text 😂) White company products. 

Thank you. That’s really helpful

I requested soap, conditioner and body lotion on Iona last summer and provided straight away. Did the same on Aurora's second cruise in April and after days of delay was eventually told there was none on the ship. Presumably this was supply problems rather than a policy but I hadn't brought my own supplies as hadn't expected any issue. So I would suggest bringing back ups just in case.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

I requested soap, conditioner and body lotion on Iona last summer and provided straight away. Did the same on Aurora's second cruise in April and after days of delay was eventually told there was none on the ship. Presumably this was supply problems rather than a policy but I hadn't brought my own supplies as hadn't expected any issue. So I would suggest bringing back ups just in case.

If they had no tablets of soap, did they have a separate liquid soap dispenser by the hand basin?

1 hour ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

Not a supply problem.  They have been phased out. At first first it was a Covid thing.  Now they are citing reduction in plastic use.  The one's you got on Iona must have been the remains.

11 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Not a supply problem.  They have been phased out. At first first it was a Covid thing.  Now they are citing reduction in plastic use.  The one's you got on Iona must have been the remains.

Tablet soap is hardly a single use plastic issue, I'm fairly certain its wrapping is paper.

37 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Tablet soap is hardly a single use plastic issue, I'm fairly certain its wrapping is paper.

The conditioner and body lotion are in plastic bottles.

1 hour ago, FangedRose said:

So to be clear - the large dispensers in the shower/bath area (one shampoo, one soap) are still there but nothing else including the bar of facial soap is?

My last Britannia cruise we had the two large dispensers plus 2 bars of soap at the sink area.  You seem to be suggesting the latter no longer given?

As a possible useful tip on toiletries my last four cruises and land based trips I have taken bars of solid shampoo and conditioner from Lush, together with solid 'coins' of their charity pot body moisturiser.  These are very lightweight and can be popped in hand luggage (useful for flying) rather than heavy bottles in main bags with possible leakage problems.  At first glance they might look expensive at £7.50 each and £1 a coin but my current supply has been on two 14 night cruises, one 10 night cruise, one 12 night fly cruise, one 7 day beach holiday and numerous overnight stays in the UK and there's still plenty left for the rest of the year.

I'm pretty sure other companies make these products as they are designed to be ecologically sound.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

So to be clear - the large dispensers in the shower/bath area (one shampoo, one soap) are still there but nothing else including the bar of facial soap is?

My last Britannia cruise we had the two large dispensers plus 2 bars of soap at the sink area.  You seem to be suggesting the latter no longer given?

As a possible useful tip on toiletries my last four cruises and land based trips I have taken bars of solid shampoo and conditioner from Lush, together with solid 'coins' of their charity pot body moisturiser.  These are very lightweight and can be popped in hand luggage (useful for flying) rather than heavy bottles in main bags with possible leakage problems.  At first glance they might look expensive at £7.50 each and £1 a coin but my current supply has been on two 14 night cruises, one 10 night cruise, one 12 night fly cruise, one 7 day beach holiday and numerous overnight stays in the UK and there's still plenty left for the rest of the year.

I'm pretty sure other companies make these products as they are designed to be ecologically sound.

In the shower (sorry no idea about a bath) there is large pump bottle of shampoo and another of body wash.  At the sink there is a bar of soap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

In the shower (sorry no idea about a bath) there is large pump bottle of shampoo and another of body wash.  At the sink there is a bar of soap.

Thanks. The deluxe balcony cabins on Britannia have a shower over a bath, hence my bath comment! 

17 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Dorset cruise fan said there was no tablet soap on Aurora, which is why my comment. 

It would be useful if others could comment on what is available, so we know what to expect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Dorset cruise fan said there was no tablet soap on Aurora, which is why my comment. 

It would be useful if others could comment on what is available, so we know what to expect.

It's not clear whether Dorset Cruise Fan did not have any tablet soap at all (which I would find strange seeing how hand washing is strongly encouraged, especially after using the toilet). Or whether they wanted extra to use in the bath/shower.

Ranchi says they had to ask for tablet soap, but liquid soap provided. Again, not clear if the soap had been replaced by liquid hand wash by the sink or it was just an oversight on the stewards part.

It wasn’t an oversight. The standard situation is a bottle of liquid soap on the wash hand basin and fixed bottles of shower gel & shampoo ( or was it body lotion?) in the shower. Why the ?…because I couldn’t read the labels!  & with my limited amount of hair either would have been suitable. Our steward provided a bar of soap and a nice big bottle of conditioner -pump action, White Co. Floral. 

Edited by Ranchi

2 hours ago, Ranchi said:

It wasn’t an oversight. The standard situation is a bottle of liquid soap on the wash hand basin and fixed bottles of shower gel & shampoo ( or was it body lotion?) in the shower. Why the ?…because I couldn’t read the labels!  & with my limited amount of hair either would have been suitable. Our steward provided a bar of soap and a nice big bottle of conditioner -pump action, White Co. Floral. 

Ah OK. I prefer the liquid handwash myself.

Anyway the point is that liquid handwash/hand soap, shower gel and shampoo is provided.  It would be prudent to fetch anything else you want yourself.

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 2