Overall Country/Port Forum About Testing Requirements...

Bo1953

I have looked and will do so again, I Am looking for a forum or discussion area for a 'current' ports/countries list where vaccinations and proof are required to enter.

If someone could point me in the correct direction on this, I would be most grateful...

TIA and bon voyage

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I have looked and will do so again, I Am looking for a forum or discussion area for a 'current' ports/countries list where vaccinations and proof are required to enter.

If someone could point me in the correct direction on this, I would be most grateful...

TIA and bon voyage

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/list   

Not sure if this exactly what you are looking for but perhaps a good start 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

TIA and bon voyage

Bo.  I looked for the same.  The CDC list is excellent as are a couple others but they all are both a bit out of date and require clicking on each country to get an answer.  Neighbor who is the house doctor for Raytheon uses the CDC site to try to track rules for employee travel.  It updates a couple times a week.

Hope that that helps.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all... My next challenge is interpreting X's website concerning non-vaccinated passengers being allowed to board in Europe.

In one (1) section of the web page it states that un-vaccinated passengers will only be required to have an antigen test within 24 hours of boarding or at the terminal and on the same page it says 'All passengers' are required to be vaccinated before boarding... LOL

One person in our group is not vaccinated due to health reasons and I promised to get a definitive answer, for now, until it changes again... LOL

In health and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

If they are over age 18 that may be a problem.

I think the 24-hour test requirement for unvaccinated passengers would relate to children under 18.  However, I could be wrong (it has happened before).

Sounds like you may be destined to be on hold for awhile.😀

• Thanks 1

Just now, jgmorgan said:

If they are over age 18 that may be a problem.

I think the 24-hour test requirement for unvaccinated passengers would relate to children under 18.  However, I could be wrong (it has happened before).

Sounds like you may be destined to be on hold for awhile.😀

HAHAHA, not me, I have a TA and email to use...

The sailing is not until Sept 2023, lots of time to wait for either a response or change in policy...

In health and bon voyage

• Haha 1

Someone posted a YouTube video an was talking about the Celebrity Conference Call.  They said they were working on Non-Vax but needed to interpret all of the different country requirements.    This may be why nothing is clear -  they also don't know the answer yet.

Maybe if you could post the countries you are considering and then the group could help doing some research

For your second point on contradiction -

I talked to the Documented Manager on about this and he explained it was mostly for children.   They have to be tested by a proctored tested 24  before boarding  and in additions they are tested again at the Pier by Celebrity (I don't recall who pays for the test but I believe it is the custoer).     On some cruises they were also required to be tested one or more times depending on the country to be visited.

I recall on Celebrity they use to have a matrix and it broke down by country visited.   I'll look for it.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Someone posted a YouTube video an was talking about the Celebrity Conference Call.  They said they were working on Non-Vax but needed to interpret all of the different country requirements.    This may be why nothing is clear -  they also don't know the answer yet.

Maybe if you could post the countries you are considering and then the group could help doing some research

j_i: the countries we will be porting in are Barcelona, France and Italy...

From my reading of the current protocols, all of these countries no longer require testing to enter, as of today that is... LOL

Thank you again and bon voyage

58 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you all... My next challenge is interpreting X's website concerning non-vaccinated passengers being allowed to board in Europe.

In one (1) section of the web page it states that un-vaccinated passengers will only be required to have an antigen test within 24 hours of boarding or at the terminal and on the same page it says 'All passengers' are required to be vaccinated before boarding... LOL

One person in our group is not vaccinated due to health reasons and I promised to get a definitive answer, for now, until it changes again... LOL

In health and bon voyage

It might be prudent to write Celebrity (you have plenty of time).  Maybe an email.  Ask about the policy for medical exemptions to the vaccine policy.  In Europe.  Or by the countries you will visit.  Trying to figure this out for general "non-vaccinated" passengers might be quite different.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

From my reading of the current protocols, all of these countries no longer require testing to enter, as of today that is... LOL

Bo - I’ll be boarding a cruise in October from Rome.  If you don’t have an answer by then I’ll let you know what I have to do.  I am quadruple vaxed though I will ask about unvaccinated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Keep in mind that the rules may be different for cruise ships than what you are reading in general.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Bo - I’ll be boarding a cruise in October from Rome.  If you don’t have an answer by then I’ll let you know what I have to do.  I am quadruple vaxed though I will ask about unvaccinated.

Vaxed to the Max.

• Haha 1

Just now, LGW59 said:

Well, I have to catch up to you l...

How could I have permitted you to pass me up like this!!! LOL

Thank you regardless...

bon voyage

Bo -- Start Here --- https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/europe-travel-requirements

Select departure port then click small box --- Testing advisory chart by country

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/european-mid-cruise-debark-testing-requirements-07-05-2022.pdf

Just discovered the chart is the same on each departure port and was last updated July 12

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

Thank you regardless...

bon voyage

We got #4 last week getting ready for our next cruise.   Time to catch up.... LOL.    My Doctor suggested it but also said that there may be a Omicron Variant version coming out in September / October and he would STRONGLY suggest we get that one when available.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you regardless...

bon voyage

Well it is hard to keep up with a man of my youth, vim and vigor!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Bo -- Start Here --- https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/europe-travel-requirements

Select departure port then click small box --- Testing advisory chart by country

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/european-mid-cruise-debark-testing-requirements-07-05-2022.pdf

Just discovered the chart is the same on each departure port and was last updated July 12

j_i thank you for these links....

I did view them initially and that is where the status concerns came up because there is no real differentiation or explanation as to "who" qualified for being un-vaccinated for testing and boarding purposes...

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see what Bo ultimately discovers.  Based on the Celebrity website as I read it, it doesn't look like an unvaccinated person over the age of 18 can initially embark on a European cruise and there doesn't seem to be any exemptions for medical reasons.  If that is the case, then the requirements for specific ports won't matter.  It sure seems to me like there should be an exception for someone that has a bona fide and well-documented medical reason for not being vaccinated for Covid.  It may be that so few people are likely to meet that criteria that they just don't allow any exception.

I hope it gets resolved in Bo's favor (assuming he wants the person to be able to join them 😀).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

j_i thank you for these links....

I did view them initially and that is where the status concerns came up because there is no real differentiation or explanation as to "who" qualified for being un-vaccinated for testing and boarding purposes...

In health and bon voyage

My understanding is it almost always applies to children under the Vaccination age which is currently 12 in most if not all of Europe.    Adults are treated on an ad-hoc basis and often require documentation on medical conditions that don't permit to be vaxed.

I'm assuming (or guessing) that those countries that don't require a Vax are listed as they each have at least one check mark.

I seem to remember that for kids that were unvaxed they were required to wear masks at all times (we alll know how that would be enforced) and were not permitted off the ship in certain ports.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jgmorgan said:

It will be interesting to see what Bo ultimately discovers.  Based on the Celebrity website as I read it, it doesn't look like an unvaccinated person over the age of 18 can initially embark on a European cruise and there doesn't seem to be any exemptions for medical reasons.  If that is the case, then the requirements for specific ports won't matter.  It sure seems to me like there should be an exception for someone that has a bona fide and well-documented medical reason for not being vaccinated for Covid.  It may be that so few people are likely to meet that criteria that they just don't allow any exception.

I hope it gets resolved in Bo's favor (assuming he wants the person to be able to join them 😀).

Thanks jg I would like to get it resolved in our favour as if this person cannot go, there are five (5) others associated with her who will not go... then again???? LOL

Thank you and bon voyage

• Haha 2

Thanks jg I would like to get it resolved in our favour as if this person cannot go, there are five (5) others associated with her who will not go... then again???? LOL

Thank you and bon voyage

Just curious as it may be important -  is there a medical or religious reason for not vaxing or just doesn't do Vax.

I have a dear friend and she just refuses any vaccination Flu, Covid anything...  she always makes an excuse that her doctor doesn't want her to have one... but I've known her so long I know she is just against all vaccinations and more of a California Tree Hugging Holistic type. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just curious as it may be important -  is there a medical or religious reason for not vaxing or just doesn't do Vax.

I have a dear friend and she just refuses any vaccination Flu, Covid anything...  she always makes an excuse that her doctor doesn't want her to have one... but I've known her so long I know she is just against all vaccinations and more of a California Tree Hugging Holistic type. 

It is definitely health... how severe it is, I cannot say.

I Am into holistic medicine as well, yet I Am into travel even moreso... LOL

In health and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

It is definitely health... how severe it is, I cannot say.

I Am into holistic medicine as well, yet I Am into travel even moreso... LOL

In health and bon voyage

Listen to the first part of this -  in the RCL conference call it appears they are strongly looking into modifying the Vax requirement.   For some reason her voices is like scratching nails on a blackboard to me but she has some good information.   May just be a matter of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1