Celebrity Reflection-Drydock

stevenr597

Does anybody have any information in respect to the scheduled Drydock for Celebrity Reflection.  I have read that it is to be scheduled for January 2023, but it appears that one can book a cruise on Reflection for these dates.

In addition, if we wish to book a Caribbean cruise for November or December before drydock, what is the condition of the ship.

Any information would be appreciated. 

43 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Does anybody have any information in respect to the scheduled Drydock for Celebrity Reflection.  I have read that it is to be scheduled for January 2023, but it appears that one can book a cruise on Reflection for these dates.

In addition, if we wish to book a Caribbean cruise for November or December before drydock, what is the condition of the ship.

Any information would be appreciated. 

I think the source that the Reflection is dry docking is wrong; I was on her in April, she was in a great shape (clean and everything seems to work) but the décor was a little dated.  Remember she's only a decade old and X has older ships which make more sense to dry dock first.

• Like 1

I thought I saw somewhere that Reflection would go in dry dock in February.  The last time I looked, there was indeed hole in Reflection's schedule some time that month. 

I have read that Celebrity was planning a major Drydock for Reflection during January 2023, to modernize the ship.  However, I see that the ship has a full schedule of bookings at the time. 

1 hour ago, stevenr597 said:

I have read that Celebrity was planning a major Drydock for Reflection during January 2023, to modernize the ship.  However, I see that the ship has a full schedule of bookings at the time. 

There was a schedule to Revolutionize every S and M class ship.  I think the Reflection was the last ship on the schedule and it may have January 2023.  .  Then cruising ceased and the cruise lines took on massive debt.  The Revolutionizing was put on an indefinite hold and there has been no indication that the process will restart any time soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

I believe that you began the thread with this same statement. 🤪

Where ever you read that, it was wrong.

Yes, the post by jelayne explained the discrepancy.  

According to the “Celebrity Cruises Fleet Guide”, last updated 3/14/2022,  Reflection’s last renovation was January 2018 and the next one is October 2022.

The guide has good information on last and next refurbishment for all their ships.  It’s easy to find by googling it by name.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, brady19 said:

I have see. That she is currently in dry dock right now. Not sure what’s getting done. I did see they were re painting the hull

I posted some pictures from the captain yesterday -  Normal Recertification and Maintenance, Repainted with the new Blu Hull, updating softgoods and freshening up her appearance.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:37 AM, Mark_K said:

According to the “Celebrity Cruises Fleet Guide”, last updated 3/14/2022,  Reflection’s last renovation was January 2018 and the next one is October 2022.

The guide has good information on last and next refurbishment for all their ships.  It’s easy to find by googling it by name.

Thank you, I did "Google" this source and found that the Reflection is indeed in Dry-Dock.  We are looking forward to doing a 7 day in mid-December, just before Christmas.