Rudi's SeaGrill opinions please

ober134

I thought that it was meh.  Having said that, on a ship that often feels overcrowded (as the Mardi Gras does to me), it's worth the extra $$ to get a bit more breathing space, LOL!  We did eat outside....we received the reminder voicemail and completely misunderstood what the heavily accented gentleman said regarding shorts, so DH showed up dressed improperly.  Oops!

We ate at all 3 specialty places this past week on Mardis Gras.  Rudis was our least favorite.  Personally the food was best at the steakhouse but if we were only doing 1 we would choose the teppanyaki.  The show alone was great and the food good and $10 less per person.  I still got filet and lobster.  

We have eaten at Rudi's on the Celebration 3 times on our 2 past cruises.  

We thought the food was very good and the service outstanding.  

As jimbo554 said, we also thought it was better than the steakhouse.

We just got off the Celebration and ate at Rudi's. I had Dover sole and enjoyed it very much. My husband had the crab stuffed lobster and he said it was awful. He loves crab and he said it tasted bad and he found several bits of crab shell in the filling.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Astromaid said:

... My husband had the crab stuffed lobster and he said it was awful. He loves crab and he said it tasted bad and he found several bits of crab shell in the filling.

I'd never order it again, after seeing (and tasting) the changes from when they first opened on the Mardi Gras.

Oddly, the best entrée in the place, IMO, is the Crab Cake !! I had it twice last month !

Tom 

We did Rudy’s last summer on our b2b Mardi Gras, once each week.

my wife and son loved everything they had, don’t much recall their choices, but when I told my son we booked for Celebration, first thing he said was make a reservation for Rudy’s…

I recall the chefs amuse Bouche was the steak tar tar.

first, I don’t do raw meat…and second, beef was the choice?

how about an escargot dish.

had the scallop app, great!

ciopinno soup. Great!

stuffed lobster, enjoyed the lobster very much.

the stuffing was over seasoned, with too much fennel and carrot.

flavors really did not match well.

the crab in the stuffing was good, but found some shell mixed in.

I get the galley is huge, but they should have paid more attention on the shells for sure. 

would we go again? Definitely, and would choose different items,

except for that chiopinno soup, so good!

7 hours ago, d-train said:

would we go again? Definitely, and would choose different items,

except for that chiopinno soup, so good!

I tried that for the first time this last trip - almost a meal in itself !

i-T2pCWHM-M.jpg

i-cSd4NPW-M.jpg

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard to justify that price. I live in Florida and we can get a really amazing seafood dinner for a lot less than $48 a person. Combine that with also passing up a meal you already paid for to go and it becomes even less appealing. 

3 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Hard to justify that price. I live in Florida and we can get a really amazing seafood dinner for a lot less than $48 a person. Combine that with also passing up a meal you already paid for to go and it becomes even less appealing. 

As @ryanpatricksmom said - it's worth the $ (to us) just to have an upgraded experience (from the MDR, Buffet, etc).

Tom

• Like 2

Yes, there have been a few cutbacks—lobster cheese & mac presentation, the stuffed lobster is smaller. 

That said, it’s still one of my favorite meals at sea. Night we were there last month, the lobster tail was spot on, and my husband who is a real foodie thought the chef did an incredible job of getting the flavor right in the lobster bisque.  I absolutely adore their Cioppino—it’s practically big enough for an entree, but it’s the soup course, so you leave the restaurant well fed.  And the key lime pie presentation is delightful.

For us, it was worth it. Do I wish it were still $38 so a better value? Absolutely. But I feel that way every week when I look at my grocery bill too thanks to inflation.

046A941E-659C-4593-85BD-0C1725386639.jpeg

D600DA25-ED4D-4045-BC85-F076849445D4.jpeg

D78CC3CB-33F7-4438-869F-F60F244845A9.jpeg

4D7F6110-35E5-4745-AC9D-B454E968E95A.jpeg

12849BE1-1166-4C69-B9D9-64FFC39F61F1.jpeg

5DB6BC08-19C5-44FD-B03E-E4414DF9C15B.jpeg

D57323A9-7B95-46E2-9241-49AC4D4061CD.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cmichael1221 said:

Definitely worth the money... I'd suggest going earlier in the cruise... My friends a few weeks ago had some concerns about the freshness of the seafood on the final night.

Oysters, there and in the Steakhouse, would be on my list the first 2-3 nights. Beyond that, there's plenty of other things to choose from !

Tom

On 4/12/2023 at 7:30 AM, asalligo said:

Not in Miami!

On 4/11/2023 at 7:25 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd never order it again, after seeing (and tasting) the changes from when they first opened on the Mardi Gras.

Oddly, the best entrée in the place, IMO, is the Crab Cake !! I had it twice last month !

Tom 

On Celebration right now and was so disappointed in the crab stuffed lobster.  Barely lobster and plenty of shells.  My DH had the crab cake and loved it.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Oysters, there and in the Steakhouse, would be on my list the first 2-3 nights. Beyond that, there's plenty of other things to choose from !

Tom

To lazy to go find the menu, but that app like Zuppa de Pesh - (Ciopini)?  Very good

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1