Laundry - all inclusive package and general question

zentraveler

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Have Funds Will Travel said:

Does anyone have a 2024 price list for laundry? We will be on the ship for 8 days but traveling for 16 days.  Also, how large is the bag they give you for the flat rate?

Tia.

This is the laundry ticket from Star Legend last October. I do not recall that there was a flat rate bag special fir our 10day sailing. 
I'm throwing in pics of what exactly is included with the two stand alone drink packages. The All in package includes the higher end one with cocktails. 

My favorites, woodford reserve & Antica vermouth, aren’t  included in the package but I was impressed they actually had them onboard. The price was fair imo.  

IMG_7146.jpeg

IMG_7117.jpeg

IMG_7109.jpeg

IMG_6568.jpeg

IMG_6499.jpeg

IMG_6500.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

Just returned from a Windstar cruise.  The laundry was priced by bag (apprx. 22 x 16 inches.) It was $49.95.   Roll everything up tight and you can get quite a lot in there.

On 5/21/2024 at 9:51 PM, Have Funds Will Travel said:

Does anyone have a 2024 price list for laundry? We will be on the ship for 8 days but traveling for 16 days.  Also, how large is the bag they give you for the flat rate?

Tia.

You can send unlimited amounts of clothing to be laundered.  I always get the unlimited laundry package.  The turn around time is quick..same day or at most next day.   We often travel before embarking.  We stayed in St. Martin a week before the cruise.  On day one of the cruise, I gave them my dirty clothes from the previous week. They came back quickly.  From then, we sent out laundry daily.  They even do laundry the last day.  I came home with a suitcase full of clean clothes.  

• Like 2

On 5/22/2024 at 6:58 PM, texasstar said:

Just returned from a Windstar cruise.  The laundry was priced by bag (apprx. 22 x 16 inches.) It was $49.95.   Roll everything up tight and you can get quite a lot in there.

Maybe a dumb question, but do they put the little identifying stickers on your shirts/pants?  Hopefully not since it seems you can pack everything in a bag.  

We have 2 Windstar cruises next year (our first) and have been on Viking in the past.  We won't use their complimentary laundry for pants/shirts b/c of the stickers they put on the garments.  We only use their service for underwear and socks - no stickers on these items.

8 minutes ago, Breckski said:

Maybe a dumb question, but do they put the little identifying stickers on your shirts/pants?  Hopefully not since it seems you can pack everything in a bag.  

We have 2 Windstar cruises next year (our first) and have been on Viking in the past.  We won't use their complimentary laundry for pants/shirts b/c of the stickers they put on the garments.  We only use their service for underwear and socks - no stickers on these 

Just now, Strenz said:
9 minutes ago, Breckski said:

We have 2 Windstar cruises next year (our first) and have been on Viking in the past.  We won't use their complimentary laundry for pants/shirts b/c of the stickers they put on the garments.  We only use their service for underwear and socks - no stickers on these 

We love WS laundry. Thirty cruises, nothing lost or damaged. Of course I only bring washable items,  I ask  that my cotton clothes be cold water washed and hung dry to prevent shrinkage. I have only seen tages on small things such as undies, bras, socks etc. The tags are tiny with the room number, placed on the inside. They rip off easily. When we travel 90% of the time we only carry on with that in mind I have a collection of travel clothes: matching, wrinkle free if possible, weather adaptable etc. I think I look nice, I am comfortable and my philosophy less is better. The laundry on WS is the reason we can travel like this. Happy Sailing

23 minutes ago, Strenz said:

They rip off easily. 

Viking needs to learn from this, if they haven't already???  We haven't tried their laundry service for about 5 years - that's when the tags were attached so solidly the fabric would come off with the tag!

My niece used it and she was so pleased with the way it came back.  She asked for it to be folded and it came back in neat little cubes that she could just pack in her bag for the return trip.