Circle Iceland with The Inside Cabin - 24 days on the NIeuw Statendam

32 minutes ago, triiip42 said:

We are  on the NS on Aug 27th. and booked at the Hampton. Who did you use to get from the airport to the hotel?

On embarkation our intention, if weather cooperates, is to walk with our luggage to the terminal, is that doable there?

East walk.   3/8 mile depending on exact ship location.   See video 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

We are staying in hotel till 2 pm.  Then walking over 

I think that is wise. It doesn't appear to me to be a good decision to get to the port early. My experience on my last cruise was that they were letting people check in, but not boarding people without a significant wait. 

Have a great cruise.  Just booked my first HAL cruise on this ship for early November, I will be following your experience!

About the covid tests, I'm curious, especially considering what a headache all the brick & mortar locations ended up being, why the emed proctored test was the last resort? Since the return to cruising that's been my first option and had nothing but perfectly smooth & easy experiences.

• Like 1

We have sailed on the Nieuw Statendam twice with a combined 29 days,. You will enjoy it, and hopefully Captain Noel O'Driscoll is aboard.

When in Reykjavik, Iceland, make certain that you try an Icelandic Hot Dog from "Beajarins Beztu Pylsur"; a Waffle with Licorice Sauce (or not) from "Vöffluvagninn" near the Hallgrimskirkja; and pastries from "Braud & Co." If you are a "Big Lobowski" fan there is a restaurant in downtown Reykjavik named the Lebowski Bar that serves 24 variations on a "White Russian." Really good burger! Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

We have sailed on the Nieuw Statendam twice with a combined 29 days,. You will enjoy it, and hopefully Captain Noel O'Driscoll is aboard.

When in Reykjavik, Iceland, make certain that you try an Icelandic Hot Dog from "Beajarins Beztu Pylsur"; a Waffle with Licorice Sauce (or not) from "Vöffluvagninn" near the Hallgrimskirkja; and pastries from "Braud & Co." If you are a "Big Lobowski" fan there is a restaurant in downtown Reykjavik named the Lebowski Bar that serves 24 variations on a "White Russian." Really good burger! Enjoy your cruise!

O'Driscoll is not on board. The Captain is Eric...didn't get his last name, reportedly came on board July 6. He was out and about, very engaged, very interactive. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

O'Driscoll is not on board. The Captain is Eric...didn't get his last name, reportedly came on board July 6. He was out and about, very engaged, very interactive. 

Captain O'Driscoll, Captain John Scott, and Captain Wouter Van Hoogdalemd are my favorite captains at HAL. Captain Scott is now retired.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

For those onboard,  the local news here in Boston just reported the volcano on Iceland that was most recently active, 20 miles south of Reykjavik, is active again and flowing lava.

oh my that could be interesting and perhaps some good photos from a distance.

I can't wait to see Iceland next year and my cruise starts in Reykjavik and end up in UK by way of Norway and Amsterdam.

22 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

Have a great cruise.  Just booked my first HAL cruise on this ship for early November, I will be following your experience!

About the covid tests, I'm curious, especially considering what a headache all the brick & mortar locations ended up being, why the emed proctored test was the last resort? Since the return to cruising that's been my first option and had nothing but perfectly smooth & easy experiences.

Normally brick and mortar was easy.    I save the emed as last resort to save money.   This is first time in 4 cruises I had to go to a second location.   

20 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thanks for the tip!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

For those onboard,  the local news here in Boston just reported the volcano on Iceland that was most recently active, 20 miles south of Reykjavik, is active again and flowing lava.

Do you know if that will impact tourists? 

Quick hits;

Where and When is now "The Daily Program"

show times at 7:30 and 9 pm.    Late seating still at 8pm. Hmmmm.   We will have to go to dinner late or see if they can take us at 7:30

Tonights menu - Dressy night - I guess Gaia night is gone. 

ABB6BB36-CBE3-499F-914A-212EA22CD3CD.jpeg

7AC69742-4658-4837-BFBF-239286687F4F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Very dramatic news videos and reporting this morning.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/nature_and_travel/2022/08/03/the_volcanic_eruption_not_deemed_a_threat_to_aviati/

02ED0F3A-30FA-4970-807D-09E3324AB55F.jpeg

• Thanks 2

We enjoyed a nice lunch at the Gullfoss Panorama Restaurant on the Golden Circle near Reyjavik . The lamb soup was good but we liked the Tomato soup better . And the Black Forest Cake was really good .

DSC00816_zpslucaltmk.jpg

We don't know what you're doing in Seydisfjorour but we had a nice tour and it was the best area to see Puffins up close and we walked to a really nice waterfall very near to the port after lunch . We loved it - enjoy Iceland .

IMG_5266_zpsjuzyd5xi.jpg

IMG_5506%202_zpsljdzs5i8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1