Circle Iceland with The Inside Cabin - 24 days on the NIeuw Statendam

44 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Trucks lined up with more food!    Probably Diet Coke! 

939E4D92-BD9F-4F2F-8B31-FFFF722EA1AF.thumb.jpeg.1938747dbf6e35a16c582ae1408de077.jpeg

55B7E046-6528-42BD-BCF0-2BDED3027B23.jpeg

We watched the same thing just before you got on. We thought about our cruise being 18 days, and how much food and related was loaded, as we didn't re-supply anywhere, except for a large quantity of fish in Alesund (on Day 3). Then we thought about how your cruise was 24 days, and how much more stuff you would need.

We also wondered if you would get resupplied in Reykjavik, as it was the biggest port, and towards the middle of your cruise. We were amongst the last off the ship a little after 9am...we weren't in a hurry (but there was a lot of people still getting off with us). There was a huge amount of supplies there already, and starting to load.

• Like 2

We are off the ship at 8:50.    People who bought a lot of jewelry got called down to see customs and fill out forms.   Everyone else.   No forms. No passports required. 

massive taxi line.   

pre arrange pickup or walk to Hampton for Uber.   Not sure about Uber delay. 

3B3EE0FC-0487-4F95-9FA1-A7423BC5D65C.jpeg

B1625B8C-3353-4793-B4A1-B34DD8AF8E01.jpeg

9CB34CF7-3400-4862-82B0-46102A29A22E.jpeg

1AC4F613-B7CC-482D-8A86-BF4A225ED7A1.jpeg

• Like 1

We have twice used, from RT Boston, the Rowe's Water Taxi!!  Easy peasy and a great price!  $40 pp and stored luggage for awhile.  We used them both times after disembarking at Boston, walking a short ways, getting on our pre-arranged water taxi.  Being dropped off at their downtown office, bags held for a few hours, and then once again they take us to to the airport.....

Thanks for taking us along with you 🙂

Edited by VacationCharlene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 9:38 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

We arranged for 5 hour tour in SUV for 4 of us.  Picked up at cruise terminal- touring city then JFK library.   Then airport.   $528 includes tip. 

same price as HAL tour transfer pp

Hi, What company did you use for this transfer?  Sorry if I missed it in another post.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VacationCharlene said:

We have twice used, from RT Boston, the Rowe's Water Taxi!!  Easy peasy and a great price!  $40 pp and stored luggage for awhile.  We used them both times after disembarking at Boston, walking a short ways, getting on our pre-arranged water taxi.  Being dropped off at their downtown office, bags held for a few hours, and then once again they take us to to the airport.....

Thanks for taking us along with you 🙂

I looked at that but you still had to get your bags down to the dock.   Ok if you can manage them yourself.    

That was $50 pp to get me to airport and store bags.    Then add on price of regular taxis to JFK Library and bag to ferry.   Then add on hassle factors or loading 6 bags onto shuttle from airport ferry dock.  

if I  only had 1 checked and 1 roller bag I would have done this.  But with as many bags as we had we paid a premium for the convenience.  

it was the same price as the HAL transfer tour. 

This is a good option depending on your bag count and energy level.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I looked at that but you still had to get your bags down to the dock.   Ok if you can manage them yourself.    

That was $50 pp to get me to airport and store bags.    Then add on price of regular taxis to JFK Library and bag to ferry.   Then add on hassle factors or loading 6 bags onto shuttle from airport ferry dock.  

if I  only had 1 checked and 1 roller bag I would have done this.  But with as many bags as we had we paid a premium for the convenience.  

it was the same price as the HAL transfer tour. 

This is a good option depending on your bag count and energy level.  

I booked Rowe's water taxi the last time we were in Boston.  I called them as they requested and told them we were leaving the ship.  They said call back when we had our luggage.  Ten minutes later I called and said we had our luggage.  They replied that they had just left without us and it would be at least an hour before they could come get us.  And, they do not refund what you paid when they leave you behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 6:46 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Tonight is a "dressy night".   We will be having a Tuxedo Junction at 7pm in the Ocean Bar.    The Gala Menu tonight is what you have come to see on Gala Nights on shorter cruises.   There is nothing on here that you don't regularly see on daily menus.   

image.png.79efc8c3ce09e08e9aa43aa8c881fc7b.png

The Baked Rigatoni is good, but it is available from room service:

image.thumb.png.2618d93b860637dbf8eee230c8281008.png

11 Aug Gala Menu.pdf 305.28 kB · 88 downloads

When I try to open this or download it I get a message "Failed - Virus detected".

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 5:08 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Special Appetizers, but they go quickly – don’t be late

What a great review of your incredible itinerary!

Those appetizers: were they just offered for sailaway in some ports, or every day? Furthermore, I remember those appetizers were also served in the Crows Nest on Koningsdam when you orered a cocktail. Is it still the case? 

And I remember fingerfood which looked like this being served in bars in the evening, I think it was the Billboard Lounge. 

As I sail on Rotterdam next June 2023, would be great to know more about this! 🙂

Edited by shipfriend_max