Fashion question - asking for my wife…

johnbob7

We just booked our first cruise with Celebrity.  So basically if you want to dress up (I am not talking gown/tuxedo) you can, if not you can wear jeans to the main dining room? 

advice..  if her shoes are blue then just don't announce that you have always wanted to see a blue footed booby. A guy beside me did and I responded by asking if that was his wife standing beside him. He may not forget this🤣

Edited by gold1953

On 8/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, techteach said:

I need to go and unpack all of the black dresses and beautiful ____insert name____ scarves I have packed for “chic” night. BTW - I don’t do chic - elegant/classic yes. This is a HUGE topic in the Cunard forums causing threads to be closed after 4 pages of posts. Better get upstairs now…oh…what to take? What to take?

Wear your black dress.  Last cruise I wore a dress and brought a wrap, because it was sleeve less.  I don't want to bring extra shoes to go with my new dress.  Going with a black pant and fancy top.  Decisions decisions.  😉

I put the fancier black dress away and kept 2. I have beautiful scarves/wraps to switch in and out. Even though I live 5 minutes from the pier I’m trying to limit luggage. One pair of black sandals will do fine. Alaska is not formal at all. I checked the weather forecast and it is going to rain every day and not get above 70F.   Enjoy your cruise!

On 8/3/2022 at 10:53 AM, WorkerBee74 said:

I've seen people mention this before... how does one get invited to this?  Do you need to have a certain CC level?  (If so I can forget it as October is our first Celebrity Cruise 😛 )

Some times it is CC level other times it has been cabin category and once it was our Cruise Critic Meet&Greet group which was large and very active.

• Thanks 1

My Wife buys new outfits to wear on Dress Up nights but because she is Stunning I just wear nice clothes because with everyone looking at Her I could probably be naked, and no one would notice. Because Women dress to impress Other Women I Love looking at Them assessing Each Other.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2022 at 9:48 PM, D. B. said:

My Wife buys new outfits to wear on Dress Up nights but because she is Stunning I just wear nice clothes because with everyone looking at Her I could probably be naked, and no one would notice. Because Women dress to impress Other Women I Love looking at Them assessing Each Other.

A female comment:  I also buy new outfits (long dresses) to wear on "Dress up nights" so that DH wears his tux to please me.  I want to look great for him!!!  🙂