UDP on Navigator of the Seas

Question about the UDP. Here is some background info. We are going on a 7night MR cruise on Navigator in December. In July we purchased the UDP for what I thought was a steal of a deal. The current fair is double what I paid. When I log into RC's website I can find my purchase for the UPD in the past order history, but when I click on my calendar for the cruise it lists my purchase as a 3 night dining package. It is also listed as a 3 night dining package in their app. This package is roughly the same purchase price I paid in July. My question is will RC honor my purchase of the UDP for the entire 7 night cruise or will they try to limit us to a 3 night package that was not my intention to purchase?  Or will they try to charge us an additional fee for the UDP. Any help provided is much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Braves Sooner girl said:

My question is will RC honor my purchase of the UDP for the entire 7 night cruise or will they try to limit us to a 3 night package that was not my intention to purchase?  

Welcome to CC.

Look for the email receipt you got when you bought the package - if that says for the entire voyage you should be safe. Getting UDP for 1/2 price may have been a pricing mistake but they should honor it.

11 minutes ago, Braves Sooner girl said:

I was thinking it probably was a pricing mistake since the majority of Navigator's sailings are 3 to 4 nights. My email receipt does not quantify the number of nights just states "unlimited dining package."

I believe Royal’s mistake was originally the Dec9th sailing was a 3 night cruise but earlier this year they combined it with the four night Dec12th cruise to make it a 7 night full Mexico cruise with Cabo, PV and Mazatlan. Royal IT probably missed Dec9 was changed to a 7 night sailing but did not update the pricing for the UDP.

What will they do? Yes, your ‘calendar’ entry for day 1 says 3 day Unlimited Dining Package, but pretty sure if you click on order history description it displays ‘Unlimited Dining Package’ not 3 day Unlimited Dining Package’ .

I read Royal honored the Beverage package pricing error years ago, but who knows what they will do for this situation? 

@Ourusualbeach, would this be considered a ‘pricing error’ that Royal usually ‘honors’?

Calling C&A desk might get you an answer. Anyone know if there is a written Royal policy on website regarding ‘pricing errors’?

24 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I believe Royal’s mistake was originally the Dec9th sailing was a 3 night cruise but earlier this year they combined it with the four night Dec12th cruise to make it a 7 night full Mexico cruise with Cabo, PV and Mazatlan. Royal IT probably missed Dec9 was changed to a 7 night sailing but did not update the pricing for the UDP.

What will they do? Yes, your ‘calendar’ entry for day 1 says 3 day Unlimited Dining Package, but pretty sure if you click on order history description it displays ‘Unlimited Dining Package’ not 3 day Unlimited Dining Package’ .

I read Royal honored the Beverage package pricing error years ago, but who knows what they will do for this situation? 

@Ourusualbeach, would this be considered a ‘pricing error’ that Royal usually ‘honors’?

Calling C&A desk might get you an answer. Anyone know if there is a written Royal policy on website regarding ‘pricing errors’?

That's an iffy one as to whether they honor it or not.  I'd definitely pushback.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's an iffy one as to whether they honor it or not.  I'd definitely pushback.

@Ourusualbeach, Thanks Ken, for you quick and educated reply.  

I am on the Dec9 sailing and saw since early July when I booked the sailing showing the ‘low’ UDP price, but did not know till I saw a roll call where someone posted Dec9 used to be a 3 day sailing and when Royal switched to combine earlier this year, what options were offered to booked passengers. Believe the UDP pricing was  ‘updated’ yesterday with the usual 7 day pricing, but was showing the lower price for at least 1 month.

Still interested in knowing if anyone has seen written policy regarding ‘pricing error’ on website.

A few years ago, I got a really good fare on a Holland America 28 day sailing. A few days after booking, I received an email from HA acknowledging the ‘error’ but they said they would honor it but I needed to pay in full within a few weeks and cruise was 18 months away. Cruise did happen and I had a great cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wallyj said:

Still interested in knowing if anyone has seen written policy regarding ‘pricing error’ on website.

Their policy is vague at best.  It states that they will not honour pricing errors when it is obvious that it was an error.  They actually changed to this several years ago after a slew of pricing mistakes that they honoured.  There was one sailing in particular that they did not honour all the bookings people made at an incredibly low rate.  I think it was on promenade cabins over thanksgiving IIRC.

In other words if you see an Oasis 7 day sailing on sale for $100 for a balcony I would bet that they would not honour it.  In your case it is right there on the edge of just being a great deal vs being an obvious mistake

@Ourusualbeach, thank you for your reply. 

Since they are many passengers not here on Cruise critic to see this discussion , it will be interesting to see what happens when they board on Dec9  and purchased the UDP at the ‘low’ fare not knowing it was a mistake. If the ship honors it, great. 

I also understand just because Royal honored the Drink package pricing error years ago, it does not matter.

1 minute ago, wallyj said:

understand just because Royal honored the Drink package pricing error years ago, it does not matter.

They started off not honouring that Canada Day pricing special but caved to public pressure because there were so many.  Still love that well written letter letting everyone know that they would honour it.  Who knew at the time that Covid would kill most of those deals

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They started off not honouring that Canada Day pricing special but caved to public pressure because there were so many.  Still love that well written letter letting everyone know that they would honour it.  Who knew at the time that Covid would kill most of those deals

Yeah, Covid killed 21 days of my $18 DBP…. 🫤

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Braves Sooner girl said:

I was thinking it probably was a pricing mistake since the majority of Navigator's sailings are 3 to 4 nights. My email receipt does not quantify the number of nights just states "unlimited dining package."

I've done Navigator UDP twice.  I just checked the email confirmation and it says "Unlimited Dining Package 7 Nights". We paid $182pp.  

• Like 2

Be polite when you talk to them when you board the Navigator...

Start with Jorge- Guest Service Manager...he's nice.

Then, if you have to, Anoop- ROM, Restaurant Operations Manager...but it may be Erkan by 12/9.

Then.. Cornelis - F&B...also a nice guy.

Keith - Hotel Director.

• Like 1

I believe IT has completely messed up the Navigator dining packages.  We are sailing 9/12 and have not been able to purchase the UDP or any specialty restaurant for our 3 night sailing.  Nothing is available to book until night 4.  I have been able to start the reservation all the way up to putting in my credit card number.  I really don’t think they will let us back on the ship for dinner.  

This cruise is a 3 night Mon through Thurs due to the Cabo 5 and 7 night sailings.  

58 minutes ago, DEBCAT65 said:

I believe IT has completely messed up the Navigator dining packages.  We are sailing 9/12 and have not been able to purchase the UDP or any specialty restaurant for our 3 night sailing.  Nothing is available to book until night 4.  I have been able to start the reservation all the way up to putting in my credit card number.  I really don’t think they will let us back on the ship for dinner.  

This cruise is a 3 night Mon through Thurs due to the Cabo 5 and 7 night sailings.  

I am also on this sailing and couldn't get any specialty dining booked. MTD starts night 4, which isn't a thing. 

2 hours ago, DEBCAT65 said:

September on Navigator has been kind of fouled up since they opened the bookings. Sept. 18 was originally supposed to be a charter, but I guess that fell through. But then they opened it up (I missed it) and they had to readjust the schedule. We are booked on the 23rd, with the UDP. 

Thanks everyone for your opinions, advice, and list of names to contact. They're four of us in our party. It will be interesting to see just how many purchased this Package .Wallyj if you see us on the Navigator stop and say "hi" We are pretty easy to spot. We travel wearing our OU Sooners gear and my husband is in a wheelchair. 

1 hour ago, Braves Sooner girl said:

Thanks everyone for your opinions, advice, and list of names to contact. They're four of us in our party. It will be interesting to see just how many purchased this Package .Wallyj if you see us on the Navigator stop and say "hi" We are pretty easy to spot. We travel wearing our OU Sooners gear and my husband is in a wheelchair. 

@Braves Sooner girl, I will keep a look out for your group. I am booked on the Navigator for the 8/19 sailing and will make some inquiries on board and report back here and the ‘roll call’