Taxi availability post cruise Fort Everglades

ProfMHC

Just a quick question — we have always driven but after facing an ice storm last year we have flights booked to and from FLL this January. So….are there plenty of taxis available when one debarks? Our flight is on the early side and I don’t want to wait for a Princess bus to fill.

Yes there are plenty!  We've used them twice this year so far to get to FLL and both times were were several ships in port but still we were able to get in a taxi immediately after walking up to the taxi area.

21 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes there are plenty!  We've used them twice this year so far to get to FLL and both times were were several ships in port but still we were able to get in a taxi immediately after walking up to the taxi area.

About what did the taxis cost?

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

About what did the taxis cost?

We paid less than $20 for the two of us in early June but then an almost tropical storm had just blown through and Fort Lauderdale had tons of flooding.  It was closer to $15 in February.  So it will vary a little but still less than the cost of a transfer and so much easier to not have to wait.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We paid less than $20 for the two of us in early June but then an almost tropical storm had just blown through and Fort Lauderdale had tons of flooding.  It was closer to $15 in February.  So it will vary a little but still less than the cost of a transfer and so much easier to not have to wait.

Thanks for the info! That sounds good to me. 

17 hours ago, deepcman said:

Cab ride from Port everglades to FLL is about $15 and there's no waiting. Just hop in and go. People spend $3000+ on a cruise and then debate the best way to the airport to save $4. 🤦‍♂️🤦

LOL So True. I'm guilty. Thanks for giving me a dose of logic 😉

We're thinking about a 10:15 am departure out of FLL. Normally this would make me nervous, but we'll be on the Celebrity Reflection in a suite and have seen where people post that the concierge can arrange for early departures.  We can manage our own bags and plan on either a taxi or Uber/Lyft.  Has anyone made a flight this early?  

17 hours ago, BDL said:

We're thinking about a 10:15 am departure out of FLL. Normally this would make me nervous, but we'll be on the Celebrity Reflection in a suite and have seen where people post that the concierge can arrange for early departures.  We can manage our own bags and plan on either a taxi or Uber/Lyft.  Has anyone made a flight this early?  

I am a cautious person so I would not book before 11 am.  Having said that, I can report that of the 8-10 trips we have made there, we would have made a 10:15 am flight, but we do get off early and jump into a taxi.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1