Upgrades

Slyfox16

18 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

Is there a # to call at Princess about paying for an upgrade, if the upgrade fairy has not called yet?

I think upgrades are initiated by Princess to meet their goals of occupancy. Otherwise, you would call your TA or Princess to book the cabin you want.

Remember... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be an "upgrade" you do not want.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

Is there a # to call at Princess about paying for an upgrade, if the upgrade fairy has not called yet?

Princess doesn't appear to 'upgrade' passengers based on a phone call or a bidding process.  You may receive a complimentary upgrade (usually to a cabin that hasn't sold), you may receive an email for an upsell offer or you can always just book an upgraded cabin at the going rate.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

What happens when the request is after final payment?  I assume they let it slide because one is "upgrading" and spending more money?

I've never had any trouble upgrading (and sending in more money) after final payment.  The problem seems to only occur when you are looking to get money back.  If they try to tell you it is only for 'new bookings', then ask them what it would cost you to cancel, pay the penalties and rebook.  They've always just refared it for me.  LOL!   I'm sure there has been some eye rolling going on from the other end of the phone.  

Now, I have a really good travel planner down at Princess so I never have to go down that road anymore.  

1 hour ago, Slyfox16 said:

Not really. You either receive a comp. upgrade, or an offer for an upsell. You can, of course, ask for a higher cat cabin and you will pay the current fare.

Edited by skynight

On 8/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, Slyfox16 said:

upgradeoffer@princesscruises.com

within thirty days of your cruise...

• Like 1

I tried to upgrade to a more expensive cabin. It was the price they posted on their website. They said it was for NEW bookings only! Quoted me a price more than twice the price they showed. I am still in my original cabin I have had for months. I think the upgrade fairy is gone. Or she lost my Email? 🙂 Ha Ha

• Haha 1

I can't find the post, but someone mentioned that you can specify, on your booking, whether you are open to an upgrade or not.  I don't see that anywhere on my booking.  In my case, I would not want an automatic upgrade, would want to be notified first, as I like the cabin and location I picked. 

23 minutes ago, cali-croozer said:

I can't find the post, but someone mentioned that you can specify, on your booking, whether you are open to an upgrade or not.  I don't see that anywhere on my booking.  In my case, I would not want an automatic upgrade, would want to be notified first, as I like the cabin and location I picked. 

You have to let your TA or Princess know to mark your booking for you 🙂

• Thanks 1

When we booked directly through Princess. We said we would be open to an upgrade. I dont know if you can specify that when booking online? I always say as long as you are on the ship what does it matter what cabin you are in. 45 cruises for me. Some in suites and some in inside cabins. 

I have the same issue. After final payment, I wanted to change from inside (1D) to deluxe obstructed balcony DW. The price difference including the OBCs from my original fare is 292.71, which I am willing to pay. However, I can't seem to find anyone on the phone at PCL or chat who were willing to refare, so I was getting a price difference of anywhere from $700 to $1,500 as it was not a "new booking". I tried reaching out to a CVP with Princess but am waiting to hear back.

Do I just keep calling until someone can help me? Or am SOL?

10 minutes ago, twprincessfirsties said:

I have the same issue. After final payment, I wanted to change from inside (1D) to deluxe obstructed balcony DW. The price difference including the OBCs from my original fare is 292.71, which I am willing to pay. However, I can't seem to find anyone on the phone at PCL or chat who were willing to refare, so I was getting a price difference of anywhere from $700 to $1,500 as it was not a "new booking". I tried reaching out to a CVP with Princess but am waiting to hear back.

Do I just keep calling until someone can help me? Or am SOL?

The OBC doesn't come into play, especially after final payment. IF you are able to refare (and this is entirely at their pleasure after final payment), if will usually be done at the current rate. You will also give up any current perks (OBC, packages, etc.) and gain any new ones associated.

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Your choice; see what answer brings you the greatest joy 🙂

I tried refaring after final payment today as the cabin next door is £640 cheaper now and they were having none of it, even if I went from our inside to a suite at a cost of a few £000’s more 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, devonuk said:

I tried refaring after final payment today as the cabin next door is £640 cheaper now and they were having none of it, even if I went from our inside to a suite at a cost of a few £000’s more 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Wow!  They have always taken our money if we wanted to pay for an upgrade, even after final payment.  🤔

5 minutes ago, devonuk said:

I would call again; get someone else...for an upgrade you should be able to throw them some $$ :).

Also, if you are inside of 30 days, try upgradeoffer@princesscruises.com

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cali-croozer said:

As @EDDY0827 pointed out call Princess or your TA for upgrade or no upgrade "request". However, you are only requesting, you may not receive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twprincessfirsties said:

Do I ask to refare with the same room, or can I refare with the new room that I would like? 

We got an upgrade offer once that would move us from an inside to a balcony. When I called the cabin they offered was one I didn't want. I was looking at the web-site as we talked and saw an aft balcony that was available. It would have been $1000s more than we paid for the inside. I asked for it at the same price from the offer (IIRC it was 300 or 400 more than we paid). No problem, got it.

Best balcony ever.

• Like 3

Just now, JF - retired RRT said:

We got an upgrade offer once that would move us from an inside to a balcony. When I called the cabin they offered was one I didn't want. I was looking at the web-site as we talked and saw an aft balcony that was available. It would have been $1000s more than we paid for the inside. I asked for it at the same price from the offer (IIRC it was 300 or 400 more than we paid). No problem, got it.

Best balcony ever.

Yep, you did your homework ( while on the phone ) and it paid off as the rep could just look at it.

Well played

We kinda, sorta, did the balcony upgrade onboard from a deluxe balcony (covered by Nurse promotion) to a Premium deluxe balcony (not offered) once we got onboard - had the cabin number ready - yes sir, no charge ... well, what about an upgrade to a suite? ... don't push it ...🤑

• Haha 4