NCL drops vaccine requirement after September 3rd

SeaPink0409

4 minutes ago, bguppies said:

I'm looking forward to first line to 100% drop the pre cruise testing BS.

Kudos to NCL.

NCL is also dropping testing for all vaccinated passengers as well. Subject to any port requirements, of course.

• Like 7

This is such great news for the cruise industry (and travel overall).  Very excited!!  I'd rather test than require vx - testing eliminates C19+, asymptomatic folks from the start.  The VX doesn't stop you from getting or spreading it but at least a test will show if you have it and stop you from spreading once on board.  Can't wait for our Oct cruise on the Horizon! 

Edited by blondestickchick
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, bguppies said:

I'm looking forward to first line to 100% drop the pre cruise testing BS.

Kudos to NCL.

You are so right about the testing BS.  Give us back our freedom.  Hope it happens with Carnival before my 10/1/22 trip.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

You are so right about the testing BS.  Give us back our freedom.  Hope it happens with Carnival before my 10/1/22 trip.

You have your freedom - the freedom to follow a private company's rules if you want to do business with them, or the freedom to stay home.

• Like 26
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, cmichael1221 said:

You have your freedom - the freedom to follow a private company's rules if you want to do business with them, or the freedom to stay home.

And now private companies will start dropping the vaccination requirement. I wonder if those touting "private companies can do what they want" will keep singing the same tune now?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

And now private companies will start dropping the vaccination requirement. I wonder if those touting "private companies can do what they want" will keep singing the same tune now?

Yep. And folks at emed are getting their resumes ready.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This is such great news. We have a cruise scheduled for NYE that has been postponed so many times. 

Unfortunately Norgwegian is still discriminating against the unvaxed by pretending that the vaccinated don’t spread the virus and requiring unvaxed to test. Hope Carnival follows the science and drops testing all together. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Private companies can do what they want, subject to laws of the countries they do business in.

Edited by BlerkOne

33 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

It isn't about freedom (vax is more about that) the testing being used now clearly isn't catching covid early enough in its lifecycle to prevent 100% vaxxed people from getting onboard with it and passing it on once onboard, after testing negative.

If they come up with effective testing someday, I will have no problem with it. (unless the cost makes the cruise unaffordable)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I'm sure at least one company will keep vaxxing requirements and some will keep testing requirements.

Then the individuals  can make their vacation plans according whichever company's rules they wish to follow and they feel comfortable with. (as it should have been all along)

Hopefully cruiselines will come up with minimum insurance everybody must cruise with.

47 minutes ago, pretzellover said:

Unfortunately Norgwegian is still discriminating against the unvaxed by pretending that the vaccinated don’t spread the virus and requiring unvaxed to test. Hope Carnival follows the science and drops testing all together. 

I'm guessing that has more to do with the places they are visiting.  They are dropping the vaccine requirement to cruise, so that is a start.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I'm guessing that has more to do with the places they are visiting.  They are dropping the vaccine requirement to cruise, so that is a start.

True, I'm going to Alaska, but since we stop for four hours in Canada, vax proof

12 minutes ago, bamaone said:

"Like" click because what you posted seem very accurate. I can't think of another business requiring their customers to be vaccinated. 

How are any venues on a ship different than on land?  I do not believe that they are at all.

Edited by 6aces
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Hopefully cruiselines will come up with minimum insurance everybody must cruise with.

I vote a hard 'no' on this line item. I don't want to have to start showing and explaining my health insurance papers to a cruise line, or get some sort of 'proof of minimum insurance card', or have to purchase some other coverage I don't want or need.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, blondestickchick said:

This is such great news for the cruise industry (and travel overall).  Very excited!!  I'd rather test than require vx - testing eliminates C19+, asymptomatic folks from the start.  The VX doesn't stop you from getting or spreading it but at least a test will show if you have it and stop you from spreading once on board.  Can't wait for our Oct cruise on the Horizon! 

I'd rather be vaccinated than have to test. It's becoming so much harder to find a test. Plus the test doesn't do a ton to prevent spreading since people are testing 3 days in advance then a lot of them are getting on a plane. 

Only way a test is 100 percent effective to stop spreading is if you did it and then quarantined but that's obviously not a plausible thing. As soon as you go out in public you could catch it/spread it, etc. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cruisinbeachbum said:

Plus the test doesn't do a ton to prevent spreading... 

And you think the vaccine does? 

This is great news. Literally went straight to the NCL website to book, and I've only ever went with Carnival. The company who originally stated they would not mandate the vaccine (Carnival) should be first in line to drop it. 

Edited by Bers
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bers said:

And you think the vaccine does? 

This is great news. Literally went straight to the NCL website to book, and I've only ever went with Carnival. The company who originally stated they would not mandate the vaccine (Carnival) should be first in line to drop it. 

I was replying to the poster who said she thinks testing does more to prevent spreading than the vaccine. 

Not here to fight, just offered my preference if it's one or the other.