Can't pay final balance

Tried three times yesterday and again today but I can't get it to work. It's the same card I have used for all the other payments and there is plenty of money available.

Is anyone else having this problem?

What can I do? I booked direct

I'm in Belgium and normally a verification window would pop up, so your explanation makes sense little britain. Need to find a local number I can call to get it sorted (hours on hold to the US will set me back more than the cruise)

• Like 2

We are from Finland and have had similar issues with Visa payments to US companies, if the card is linked to a bank account with an additional security & verification system. Master Card seems to work more smoothly.

If you can't call the US, we've worked things out by sending emails. 

2 hours ago, Belgian fry said:

Tried three times yesterday and again today but I can't get it to work. It's the same card I have used for all the other payments and there is plenty of money available.

Is anyone else having this problem?

What can I do? I booked direct

I'm in Portugal and have had similar problems recently. They are definitely being caused by the new extra strong security measures.

If you have the ability to set up an electronic payment card associated with your usual card, this may help you get around the issue. That's what's been working for me. I suspect it's because you have to clear all the security hurdles just to set it up in the first place so then it's good to use without any further requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belgian fry said:

This is the number they give for Belgium. It's a US number, but I don't know if it's toll free: +1-305-341-0204

That’s not a toll free number. Also,  US reps (the ones you would get using the 800 toll free number) may not be able to process payment for a foreign booking. 

I have no idea if this is relevant.  I was making a cruise planner purchase.  It would not go through on my laptop.  I tried two different browsers.

On my cell phone, it went right through.

My recommendation:  try a different browser or device.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your input. Seems that the bank had blocked payments outside Europe for my card (since I made my last payment about a month ago). I have no idea why they did this, but the block has been removed and the payment has gone through.

• Like 4

Thank all the spammers and thieves in the world constantly evolving how they rip people off.  If these people only invested the same time and effort into positive constructs imagine how much better the world we live in could be.

• Like 2