Will we see double point sales again ?

Ptroxx

Solo pax still get double points - which is only fair since we often pay 2x to sail...

If Royal really wanted to do us a solid, they'd take a cue from Carnival (yes, I said it!) platinum level and add free laundry to the Diamond list. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

You aren't joking about that! 😀  When we hit diamond, it was a big deal. I don't know how many years ago that was, but I'm pretty sure it was before D+/Pin even existed.  We actually had an issue on our very next cruise that led to a meeting with the Hotel Director.  He actually made a point of saying that he was going to do what he was going to do because we were diamond.

When we hit D+, there were a number of crew that said something like "oh, we heard there were some diamond plus guests on board!"

These days . . . 🤣

(I'm not complaining, either.  In fact, I find it rather funny how folks get wound up about all this stuff).

It was a big deal when you made diamond back then, we reached diamond level in 2000. I am not sure when they added diamond plus I think around 2006, that is when we reached it. They really did make you feel special back then. We are still working on getting to Pinnacle 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GaNavy said:

Solo pax still get double points - which is only fair since we often pay 2x to sail...

If Royal really wanted to do us a solid, they'd take a cue from Carnival (yes, I said it!) platinum level and add free laundry to the Diamond list. 

I'd rather have the drinks.

• Like 1

I am one happy newbie Pinnacle, and very grateful for the perks and benefits.  Double points helped me get here, and the cruise line who's GIVING me free wifi, fast boarding and debarking, free drinks, and a discount for solo bookings, that is STILL in the black financially, is a great cruise line IMO.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, pcur said:

I am one happy newbie Pinnacle, and very grateful for the perks and benefits.  Double points helped me get here, and the cruise line who's GIVING me free wifi, fast boarding and debarking, free drinks, and a discount for solo bookings, that is STILL in the black financially, is a great cruise line IMO.

good - wear your pin Proudly then and enjoy.  Wondering what Celebrity gives to RCI pinnacles?

On 8/10/2022 at 8:42 AM, GaNavy said:

Pretty sad loyalty program when free laundry is the top perk.  

I'm two cruises away from Platinum on CCL.  CCL gives Platinum two bags of laundry on a 3 night cruise.  How many people need to do laundry on a 3 night cruise?  Zero motivation for me to book a cruise based on VIFP perks.  Suspect I'll be two cruises from Platinum 5 years from now.  If I do book something on CCL it won't be because of the loyalty program.   Isn't a loyalty program supposed to motivate you to come back?  

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Pretty sad loyalty program when free laundry is the top perk.  

I'm two cruises away from Platinum on CCL.  CCL gives Platinum two bags of laundry on a 3 night cruise.  How many people need to do laundry on a 3 night cruise?  Zero motivation for me to book a cruise based on VIFP perks.  Suspect I'll be two cruises from Platinum 5 years from now.  If I do book something on CCL it won't be because of the loyalty program.   Isn't a loyalty program supposed to motivate you to come back?  

Good point, but if you're on a 7-day or longer, the laundry service lets you pack less or come home with clean clothes...or maybe both. If you don't drink alcohol (and I don't), four free drinks is also a so-what, whereas having Royal do your laundry (there's no self-service) can get pretty pricey. 

I'm platinum on Carnival and will be diamond on Royal after my next cruise - both programs are pleasant enough, but neither is generous enough by itself to encourage me choose one over the other. I'm happy to sail either (or Celebrity or Princess or...) based on time, itinerary and cost.

2 minutes ago, GaNavy said:

Good point, but if you're on a 7-day or longer, the laundry service lets you pack less or come home with clean clothes...or maybe both. If you don't drink alcohol (and I don't), four free drinks is also a so-what, whereas having Royal do your laundry (there's no self-service) can get pretty pricey. 

I'm platinum on Carnival and will be diamond on Royal after my next cruise - both programs are pleasant enough, but neither is generous enough by itself to encourage me choose one over the other. I'm happy to sail either (or Celebrity or Princess or...) based on time, itinerary and cost.

Those four drinks include fresh squeezed orange juice, specialty coffee,  fruit smoothie at vitality spa and vitamin water.  I get free laundry at my level and rarely use it.  The free photo is nice from time to time.  To each their own.  

On 8/10/2022 at 5:42 AM, GaNavy said:

No they shouldn’t.  As carnival doesn’t offer double points for solo traveler.
lol  

6 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Nor do they offer double points for suites.  It is basically by the night, whether you stay in an interior room or the Presidential Suite, its one point a night....

Yup.   Yet princess does offer double points.   
i had my first princess cruise last week and it was very enjoyable.    
So much so I tried to stay aboard.   But it was sold out.  

8 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Nor do they offer double points for suites.  It is basically by the night, whether you stay in an interior room or the Presidential Suite, its one point a night....

Yes, one point per night. It took us forever to make Platinum on Carnival. We now only cruise Carnival when we get a great deal on one of the ships that we like or on a new ship. And there is no incentive for us to book a suite on Carnival, although I have booked their Spa balcony (I love the thalotherapy pool)  and their Havana balcony.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Those four drinks include fresh squeezed orange juice, specialty coffee,  fruit smoothie at vitality spa and vitamin water.  I get free laundry at my level and rarely use it.  The free photo is nice from time to time.  To each their own.  

Four free drinks is over $50 a day. Six is almost $80 a day. That's a nice perk. I never end up using the laundry.