Anyone arrive at Athens airport recently..

Piaa

Good evening - just a few questions for anyone who might have arrived at the Athens airport recently..

1. Our flight lands at 11:30am (Athens) - how long do you think it will take to clear Customs upon arrival

2. I have found a taxi company (my transfers) to our hotel in Athens (Electra Palace, Navarchou Nikodimou 18-20, 10557 Athens) and they are showing cost of €45 + (depends on the type of vehicle you reserve) - is that price about right and should I pre-book or should I just get one upon arrival 

Thank you everyone

I book with Welcome Pickups who I have found to be excellent. Try their app for a quote. My flight lands at 17.00 so I put 17.30 as the pickup time. You enter your flight number so the driver knows and it will add an extra 60 mins waiting. It will give you a price quote and you can book there and then. What you have been quoted seems about right. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Hi, we arrived at Athens airport from the UK on 20 July this year. I’m pretty sure that it took us under an hour from landing, through passport control, customs and bag retrieval. The speed of it all was a very nice surprise.

Edited by Lesley Styles

I used Welcome Pickups 3 x on my recent trip and have only good things to say about them. I do believe OP was quoted a less expensive price than Welcome Pickups.  Regardless, it is definitely a good idea to have a pickup. When I was in Athens airport a couple of weeks ago there was a very long line for cabs. 

2 minutes ago, java spot said:

I used Welcome Pickups 3 x on my recent trip and have only good things to say about them. I do believe OP was quoted a less expensive price than Welcome Pickups.  Regardless, it is definitely a good idea to have a pickup. When I was in Athens airport a couple of weeks ago there was a very long line for cabs. 

I did do a dummy booking on the app and it was €45 or thereabouts too from airport to the op's hotel. 

Phil 

• 7 months later...
9 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

I was going to use Welcome Pickups.  17:50 arrival.  Was going to pick 18:50 for pick up to give it an hour to get bags and clear customs.  Does that seem too long to you (1 hour)?

It all depends on the immigration lines but its about right, you might have a little wait but by the time you get to the gate, get off the plane, do immigration and get to the bags an hour is comfortable

7 minutes ago, uktog said:

It all depends on the immigration lines but its about right, you might have a little wait but by the time you get to the gate, get off the plane, do immigration and get to the bags an hour is comfortable

@uktog thanks. They give an extra hour so I should be safe with this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JM0115 said:

@uktog thanks. They give an extra hour so I should be safe with this.

I think we booked them 50 minutes after our plan landed - the science of that being it took us to a booking on the hour, we met the driver about 5 minutes after.  I forgot, the pick up spot is about 5 minutes walk along if you are a slower walker so your hour is perfect