Waiting on moveup bid

Belfast1916

I am due to sail Sunday 21st August and have put in a (low) bid for an upgrade from inside to balcony.  I have been checking the availablity and currently the ship has plenty of balcony rooms available.  My bid still says 'pending'. 

My question is: Cruisers, from your experience what is the latest that Celebrity inform you that your bid has been accepted/declined?  I am only asking as we are travelling from Friday night and will have no way to print out new luggage tags with a new room number etc. 

• Like 1

Celebrity of course tries to maximize revenue and sell available cabins.   You can blender tell when they upgrade Veranda cabins.  Usually they hold off until 1 week to 10 days prior to cruise.  I have however seen as early as a couple week. 

if unsuccessful they will notify you at exactly 48 hours from beginning of checkin. 

• Like 1

We received an email 2 weeks prior on our cruise departing the 19th and 2.5 weeks prior on our cruise departing on the 26th. Bids were accepted. Had placed multiple bids. When the other bids said expired and one was left pending and I couldn't manipulate the bid that is the one that was accepted.  We were be notified a couple of days later. 

Edited by JLMcruise
add info
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Belfast1916 said:

Yea I check each day and also check if there are balcony rooms available - 2 days would give me time to print the ammended tags - hopefully I will need to lol. 🙄

If you are successful and don’t find out until after you leave, no need to worry about the luggage tags, they’ll print new ones for you at the pier.  Good luck with your bid!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Belfast1916 said:

I am due to sail Sunday 21st August and have put in a (low) bid for an upgrade from inside to balcony.  I have been checking the availablity and currently the ship has plenty of balcony rooms available.  My bid still says 'pending'. 

My question is: Cruisers, from your experience what is the latest that Celebrity inform you that your bid has been accepted/declined?  I am only asking as we are travelling from Friday night and will have no way to print out new luggage tags with a new room number etc. 

In March we heard 3 days before on the Apex.

• Like 1

Question for those who received successful MoveUp bids:

am considering placing MoveUp bid.  This would be a birthday surprise for DH if successful.  However, I'd rather he think we were "upgraded" through the generosity of our TA or Celebrity - - not me!

How does a successful MoveUp bid appear on revised reservation?  I know our original reservation number remains the same, but does it say something to the effect:  "additional monies paid by credit card ending in XXXX".  I'd use my personal CC, so DH wouldn't see any charges on statement.

Have been unsuccessful in getting a solid answer from Celebrity, so appreciate the insight from those who've done MoveUp bids successfully.

Thanks much!

29 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

If you are successful and don’t find out until after you leave, no need to worry about the luggage tags, they’ll print new ones for you at the pier.  Good luck with your bid!!

That has not been my experience.   I usually get an alert from my Credit Card that there was a charge by Celebrity.   That is followed shortly by an email that my bid was accepted.  When I went to my Cruise Planner the new room number was there.   About 2 days later my luggage tags were updated.

If I have  given a Gratis upgrade that doesn't happen until arrival at the terminal or a call the night before.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

We received an email 2 weeks prior on our cruise departing the 19th and 2.5 weeks prior on our cruise departing on the 26th. Bids were accepted. Had placed multiple bids. When the other bids said expired and one was left pending and I couldn't manipulate the bid that is the one that was accepted.  We were be notified a couple of days later. 

Oh, one of my bids said expired and it won't let me manipulate the other which says pending.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, carpese said:

Question for those who received successful MoveUp bids:

am considering placing MoveUp bid.  This would be a birthday surprise for DH if successful.  However, I'd rather he think we were "upgraded" through the generosity of our TA or Celebrity - - not me!

How does a successful MoveUp bid appear on revised reservation?  I know our original reservation number remains the same, but does it say something to the effect:  "additional monies paid by credit card ending in XXXX".  I'd use my personal CC, so DH wouldn't see any charges on statement.

Have been unsuccessful in getting a solid answer from Celebrity, so appreciate the insight from those who've done MoveUp bids successfully.

Thanks much!

I am fairly confident that I did not receive an updated invoice with the total charge with my winning bid.  It was a totally separate transaction.  But I did see the new cabin number in line.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

So, i did find how to do this on my reservation.  Am I wrong, or are you just requesting an upgrade, and where it is on the ship is not an option, so you could get upgraded, but be in a different location on the ship from your current cabin?

On the move up bid - you can select the catagories of cabins that they will permit you to make bids  but you cannot select a cabin.  It is assigned to you - if they accept your bid.  Each category you can bid a different amount. Once Celebrity accepts your bid it is nonrefundable.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 5:18 AM, Belfast1916 said:

It can be as late as the night before.  Some cabins get released after positive COVID test are reported on the last two days before departure.  We sailed with a couple that were notified at the port the day of sailing.

• Thanks 1