Young Pinnacle on Allure

I know “we” as pinnacles sometime get a bad name onboard, but I did want to recognize something positive for a change. 

There is a young man onboard Allure currently - officers said in his 20s - who has 2,000+ points. Wears no badge. See him usually on phone or computer in lounge. However, the officers and crew onboard think the world of him. Well mannered, kind, caring and generous. 

In today’s world, nice to see a young person enjoying cruising and remembering to be kind to others. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

In June they honored a couple for reaching Pinnacle.

Their first RC cruise? 2018.

Actually I may have have seen this "kid" before. Ran his business on a cruise ship (and was even soliciting clients on board).

No soliciting from what I’ve seen. Keeps to himself. At Top Tier he was top cruiser and LA said has been cruising since 1994. 

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

If they are in their 20's now with 2,000+ points they may be one of a very few people in the Crown and Anchor society who might ever be in a position to challenge Super Mario for the title.

He’ll out live us all 😂. Can you imagine cruising in 50 years time?  

3 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

No soliciting from what I’ve seen. Keeps to himself. At Top Tier he was top cruiser and LA said has been cruising since 1994. 

This guy definitely wasn't keeping to himself. Must be someone else.

If he's been sailing since 1994 he can thank his parents for taking him on lots of cruises.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

In June they honored a couple for reaching Pinnacle.

Their first RC cruise? 2018.

Actually I may have have seen this "kid" before. Ran his business on a cruise ship (and was even soliciting clients on board).

My first Royal cruise was towards the end of 2016.  I made Pinnacle in 2020.  

Easy peasy.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If he's been sailing since 1994 he can thank his parents for taking him on lots of cruises.

He could have gained it himself now. With double points last and this year.... it is not that difficult. Of you have IT salary pretty doable in relatively short time. 

Good for him.

29 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My son will be over 200 points at 11, too.

My daughter is approaching 200 points and is 6.  I think she might get there on our next cruise later this year, but she will be 7 by then.  That is with only one cruise with the recent double points promo.  Feel bad for my sons who have way less points. Lol.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

If he is stil in his 20’s that would mean he started sailing while he was still in the womb.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

My first Royal cruise was towards the end of 2016.  I made Pinnacle in 2020.  

Easy peasy.  

That is great!  And here I thought we were doing pretty good. 🤣 Should be a few years yet for me. Our first RCL sailing was in November 2014.  I should be at 530ish by the time our current bookings are done (through March 2023).  I would think I will be there by 50 in 2026.  Shooting for 2024.

4 hours ago, topnole said:

My daughter is approaching 200 points and is 6.  I think she might get there on our next cruise later this year, but she will be 7 by then.  That is with only one cruise with the recent double points promo.  Feel bad for my sons who have way less points. Lol.  

My two year daughter has over 250 points. She will have over 350 points before she is three. Maybe Pinnacle before age 6.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

That makes him almost 30, if not over 30.

'94 was 28 years ago

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

34 years to reach D+.  Hope to make D++ (340+) by EOY. 

My parents didn't take me on a single cruise.  😞

We took ours a lot, but only once on Royal. 

Lots of Carnival and even Holland