On board coral Princess now

1 hour ago, austromyrtus said:

noticed there is an entry for coral princess on the nsw cruise covid website today... 'green' which is good news...

Vessel: Coral Princess - GREEN* (risk level 1 of 4)

Arriving Newcastle 21 August

Arriving Sydney 22 August

Arriving Eden 24 August

Arriving Newcastle 25 August

Arriving Sydney 29 August

Arriving Eden 31 August

1.GREEN No / Low Impact to Vessel
There are very few cases on board (less than 3 positive cases per 1,000 people), and there is no impact to services.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

Great news

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Does anyone on board today know if it was possible to speak (in the restaurant for instance) to the Matre'D or head waiter???

If concerned about sharing a table, they ask upon arrival if you want individual or share tables, regardless of what you have booked on the app. 

31 minutes ago, arxcards said:

If concerned about sharing a table, they ask upon arrival if you want individual or share tables, regardless of what you have booked on the app. 

That is at least one step better than we had on the Sky  never asked if anyone wanted to share and would not find you a sharing table if you asked although we had booked it in on the app  hopeful now

7 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

That is at least one step better than we had on the Sky  never asked if anyone wanted to share and would not find you a sharing table if you asked although we had booked it in on the app  hopeful now

The 'greeters' at the door of the MDR asked us every evening if we wanted to share or not.

• Like 1

Looked at the main dining room menu… Saturday night

couldn’t find anything worth bothering with…. It was some garbage of fish stew, beef stew, Orange roughy fish.

buffet at 6.30 is empty… stopped by to see the recycled deserts 

the food on this cruise is quite poor. 

tempting to get off at Newcastle and head home 

Edited by shireboi

16 minutes ago, shireboi said:

couldn’t find anything worth bothering with…. It was some garbage of fish stew, beef stew, Orange roughy fish.

If you had gone in they would have  told you the orange roughly had been replaced with  barramundi  and the lambshank is excellent 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, shireboi said:

We were on the 26th July cruise and we both felt that the food was quite good. There was something on every course in the MDR that looked good and turned out to be good. On the second formal night they had the usual lobster and beef wellington.

Maybe you are more of a food connoisseur than I am 😁 but I should comment that I didn't hear any negative comments from anyone else.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, shireboi said:

Apart from another creme brule fail, everything on our plates tonight has been absolutely beautiful. Strawberry salad and lamb shanks were delish for me, and wife loved whatever the chicken dish was. I can't speak for the buffet, as I would have to dine there to judge it - MDR is pretty close to Princess spec, and really tasty. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Interesting - they only asked this once - on the first night - after that always just took us to a table for two. We were opposite and didn't want to share a table and had booked on the app beforehand. Guess it depends on who is on the door. 

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Interesting - they only asked this once - on the first night - after that always just took us to a table for two. Guess it depends on who is on the door.

Maybe, when I think about it, we would have our Medallion registered at the door and mention that we would like to share a table. They didn't always ask.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, shireboi said:

Could be a smart move for you to take. 

Edited by CCC's
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, shireboi said:

Pity - we found the food quite acceptable last week. There is always a speciality restaurant if you don't like the offering in the MDR. We did both Bayou and Sabatini's - both were very good. I was not keen on the buffet as I thought it was quite limited and only popped up there for dinner once. MDR was fine though nothing of a wow factor - certainly the chicken we had was good though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Pity - we found the food quite acceptable last week. There is always a speciality restaurant if you don't like the offering in the MDR. We did both Bayou and Sabatini's - both were very good. I was not keen on the buffet as I thought it was quite limited and only popped up there for dinner once. MDR was fine though nothing of a wow factor - certainly the chicken we had was good though.

Apart from a cancellation or maybe a hold on some tables for suites, both specialty restaurants were booked out prior to boarding.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Just sat thru musical bingo. What a laugh.

Will do again on next 2 cruises 

how many cruises are u doing ?

encore was a bore…  nothing against the cast but two James Bond songs ??  Music bingo was only one once…and there’s no repeat later tonight. 

what drinks are in the tall long glasses ..?

travelling with my mum whom clearly has signs of dementia now 😞   (Sorry it doesn’t make for a pleasant time for me)

Edited by shireboi

35 minutes ago, shireboi said:

how many cruises are u doing ?

encore was a bore…  nothing against the cast but two James Bond songs ??  Music bingo was only one once…and there’s no repeat later tonight. 

what drinks are in the tall long glasses ..?

travelling with my mum whom clearly has signs of dementia now 😞   (Sorry it doesn’t make for a pleasant time for me)

Your ongoing trolling is becoming soooo boring!