On board coral Princess now

36 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I learned something about the medallion app and internet on the ship today. It is 59 days to my next cruise so I tried to select an arrival time on my medallion app. It kept coming up with an error message when I tried to access the personal information section for that cruise, so I went to see the internet people for advice. Apparently you cannot access that section for another cruise using the app while using medallion net internet access on the ship. You have to wait until you have normal mobile data access or off-ship wifi access.

I suspected that to be the case while the app is "on-ship" for your current cruise.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

The Burger/hotdog/taco place on deck 15 had a pie warmer with Mrs Macs pies, pasties and sausage rolls in it. Thought I would mention it as there is a very long thread on meat pies on here.

Did you see any gf pies for Uncle Les?

1783082160_gfpie.jpg.738968343620fe9f609a3ad424c04f10.jpg

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

The Burger/hotdog/taco place on deck 15 had a pie warmer with Mrs Macs pies, pasties and sausage rolls in it. Thought I would mention it as there is a very long thread on meat pies on here.

The pie warmer was a ruse. They had them in there, but took them out the back to a microwave to heat them up. I don't know if it wasn't working, or if it was too much work to have the pies at the right temperature at the right time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

seasickness... just wondering if anyone has experience with obtaining seasickness tablets while on board coral princess in 2022 please? did you have to pay and if so how much? i am wondering whether to purchase tablets on board or buy some from my pharmacy? thanks

I once bought dopamine??? That one I can’t spell lol on board. It was def more expensive than chemist. Years ago, maybe $10

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

I once bought dopamine??? That one I can’t spell lol on board. It was def more expensive than chemist. Years ago, maybe $10

I'm thinking you might mean Dramamine ? I'd be a bit concerned if you were prescribed Dopamine for seasickness 😟

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drumbeat16 said:

I'm thinking you might mean Dramamine ? I'd be a bit concerned if you were prescribed Dopamine for seasickness 😟

I said I couldn’t spell it lol. 😂😂😂

I always have kwells with us but never need.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

The pie warmer is not hot just has orange glow lights in it , they take those defrosted pies sitting in it out the back and microwave them . You would have to make the 15 drink limit too say anything other than they were s#!÷

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, austromyrtus said:

seasickness... just wondering if anyone has experience with obtaining seasickness tablets while on board coral princess in 2022 please? did you have to pay and if so how much? i am wondering whether to purchase tablets on board or buy some from my pharmacy? thanks

If you feel you might need seasickness tablets, I suggest you take them with you. When you need one, you need it then - not in half an hour's time. You don't want to waste time going to buy one and they have always been expensive on the ship. If you have tablets with you, you would be more inclined to take one at the first indication that it is needed, rather than wait until it is too late!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

Where do you buy that brand from?

At our Woolies they only have the gluten free Bakehouse pies...they are good😋

I have seen them in a couple of servos, but not in the Woolworth supermarkets, just the Bakehouse ones, I like their beef ones and the chicken and leek ones.   Not keen on the Coles version - Free From.  

694031.jpg.612810217bc7816f82a1cf0520a4246a.jpg

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Les, I don't think you will find the GF ones on Princess. In the pie warmer (maybe used as a storage unit) there are usually a few different flavours plus sausage rolls. I haven't asked about GF, but, you never know, you might be lucky.😃

Thank you, I can go without a pie for 10 days, lol. I have 4 x twin packs in my freezer, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1