On board coral Princess now

7 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Embarkation was Friday not Saturday. One too many drinks for you I think 🍹

I boarded the same day as everyone  else. On the Friday.  I may have posted on the Saturday commenting on the day before.

I'm usually  sober when I post

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Just back from most travelled lunch. Food and wine were lovely. I had the seafood starter and beef medallion. There were Petit fours that I forgot to take photos of. Had a great table of guests. Top 40 cruisers. Officers don't stay for the meal due to covid.

Looks lovely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

interesting that the nsw covid cruise website showed the previous coral princess trip as 'yellow' but this trip doesn't appear at all. hopefully this means there is not much covid on board...

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

The current cruise is QLD only so NSW wouldn't report it.

The next cruise, departing on Friday, is Brisbane to Sydney so NSW probably won't report on that either but will probably show the status for the 22nd August cruise ex Sydney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The current cruise is QLD only so NSW wouldn't report it.

The next cruise, departing on Friday, is Brisbane to Sydney so NSW probably won't report on that either but will probably show the status for the 22nd August cruise ex Sydney.

Coral has been reporting to Qld authorities since departing Newcastle a week ago, and yes that is why she doesn't show on the NSW page.

Coral Princess will report to NSW authorities on the afternoon prior to arriving in Newcastle, and also on the following afternoon for Sydney (20th & 21st).

The 21st August status will stay in place for the following cruise until the afternoon prior to the next NSW port, which in this case will be on 23rd for Eden the following day.

2 hours ago, austromyrtus said:

interesting that the nsw covid cruise website showed the previous coral princess trip as 'yellow' but this trip doesn't appear at all. hopefully this means there is not much covid on board...

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

Any ship on a cruise connected to a NSW port will show on their site. If there is little to no infection, it will still show there as green status.

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

Our turn to jump aboard on Friday.

All packed for our flight to Brisbane tomorrow morning. If it seemed so long taking a two year break between cruises, it has been nearly 4 years between flights.

Bon Voyage, above all, enjoy !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I will keep an eye out for the black t shirt.

What's the weather forecast for  Friday?

The weather is absolutely beautiful today and is forecast to be similar tomorrow. It is a little bit 'fresh' in the early morning, but quickly warms up to a typical Brisbane winter's day - warm by around 9am and hardly a cloud in the sky.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

All packed for our flight to Brisbane tomorrow morning. If it seemed so long taking a two year break between cruises, it has been nearly 4 years between flights.

Bon voyage

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

Have a great cruise. 😊

• Like 2

22 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I boarded the same day as everyone  else. On the Friday.  I may have posted on the Saturday commenting on the day before.

I'm usually  sober when I post

I know I'm only pulling your leg🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

Joining you on the cruise. Our first since lockdown days and first on Princess. 
Currently sitting at Sydney airport awaiting our flight to Brissy 🎉

• Like 2

Notice for our Sunday visit to Newcastle…

0800 to 17.30…instead of 0700 to 1800… not that there will be much of any difference for a Sunday there.

might get to see the arrival at this time.

just have to take some face pics and we are done for the app

1pm board for us..

• Like 3

On 8/17/2022 at 2:07 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hopefully nobody caught Covid on the reef excursion. How was that excursion? Is it good value for money? I like snorkelling but DH doesn't so we're tossing up between that or the Whitehaven Beach trip. However we are going to wait to see what the weather forecast is like before booking anything. We'll take the risk of missing out but never mind.

I found the reefs closer to shore to be much nicer than the Outer Reef - where all the big day cruises go. The tour operators like Thunder Cat and Ocean Rafting seem to be more aware of the lovely vertical reefs that aren’t as affected by sun bleaching. So the colours and varieties were quite beautiful. This is off Airlie btw - I assume that operators out of Cairns or Port Douglas would be the same as these guys - know all the spectacular small reefs near shore. Just thought local knowledge could help you decide 👍

Rose

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

I found the reefs closer to shore to be much nicer than the Outer Reef - where all the big day cruises go. The tour operators like Thunder Cat and Ocean Rafting seem to be more aware of the lovely vertical reefs that aren’t as affected by sun bleaching. So the colours and varieties were quite beautiful. This is off Airlie btw - I assume that operators out of Cairns or Port Douglas would be the same as these guys - know all the spectacular small reefs near shore. Just thought local knowledge could help you decide 👍

Rose

Thanks, Rose. I am a little bit concerned about the condition of the reef at the pontoon where the Princess excursion goes to so might give that one a miss. I've snorkelled a few times at PD, quite a few years ago, so probabky won't bother there either. I've got some other excursions in mind but are waiting until we see what the weather forecast is. 

• Like 1