On board coral Princess now

On 8/16/2022 at 9:42 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

The Coral Princess has probably the best library I've seen at sea.

Hehe - you obviously have never been on Queen Mary 2 🙂 - or even QE or QV come to that. Only Cunard do libraries at sea. https://www.google.com/search?q=qm2+library&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU913AU913&sxsrf=ALiCzsb4aTDMkkG4Kq15gudXzg0RW0cULw:1660861084209&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiW7sfXtdH5AhUw7jgGHUaTAKEQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1920&bih=975&dpr=1

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Rose. I am a little bit concerned about the condition of the reef at the pontoon where the Princess excursion goes to so might give that one a miss. I've snorkelled a few times at PD, quite a few years ago, so probabky won't bother there either. I've got some other excursions in mind but are waiting until we see what the weather forecast is. 

The thing with the pontoons is that they can move them to areas for the better viewing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Still cruising. Can see some lights in the distance. Was surprised we weren't already  docked when I woke up.

Cruise number one is done. I'm sure the next three are going to be even better.

Welcome back and Bon voyage.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Yes, QM2s was impressive 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

No I haven't been on canard. Maybe one day out of England when I'm there

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Keep posting on here if you want to add anything 

Looks like a great thread to be on. On our way to the terminal in an hour.

Been a while since we have had drinks packages. We aren't planning on being Friday night drunks, but I can't promise anything. Those Milky Way Martinis are dangerous.

A final check, and once again a complimentary upgrade has slipped us by. We will get our first someday.

CRUISE DAY!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Been a while since we have had drinks packages. We aren't planning on being Friday night drunks, but I can't promise anything. Those Milky Way Martinis are dangerous.

A final check, and once again a complimentary upgrade has slipped us by. We will get our first someday.

CRUISE DAY!

Happy cruising but remember only one Milky Way per day! 🤣

BTW I thought Crooners made better Milky Ways than the Wheelhouse. I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

CRUISE DAY!

I look forward to  meeting you. 

I got the drinks package for the last two cruises. Mum doesn't drink much and she has to pay too.

It doesn't stop me having a drink whenever I feel like one. I'm  sure I will drink more cocktails on the package.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arxcards said:

CRUISE DAY!

Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, arxcards said:

CRUISE DAY!

Will definitely be trying the Milky Way Martini - sounds amazing & right up my alley. 

happy cruising everyone! 

• Like 3

Just a few comments so far on my first Princess cruise. I like smaller ships like this and don't mind that it's old. The really heavy doors to get outside are an effort in the wind. I kept standing in front of them waiting for them to open.

I think the food in the dining room is a bit better than royal Caribbean. The buffet has a much smaller  selection. Which looks very disappointing. But it is all very tasty and very hot. Plastic  cups and plates, which I hear they are phasing out on the new ships.

Service every where has been excellent.

The cruise director  and his team are all good, but one woman has the screechy voice from he'll.

Princess shows are good. Liars club was very boring last night. But easy to leave and find something else to enjoy.

I like floors 5,6,7 and 8 best.

Pool area is very dated, but very clean and plenty of loungers. I don't do the pools much nowadays  due to the sun stealing bits of my face with skin cancers. 

I'm enjoying this trip and looking forward  to  the  next 3 cruises 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Just a few comments so far on my first Princess cruise. I like smaller ships like this and don't mind that it's old. The really heavy doors to get outside are an effort in the wind. I kept standing in front of them waiting for them to open.

I think the food in the dining room is a bit better than royal Caribbean. The buffet has a much smaller  selection. Which looks very disappointing. But it is all very tasty and very hot. Plastic  cups and plates, which I hear they are phasing out on the new ships.

Service every where has been excellent.

The cruise director  and his team are all good, but one woman has the screechy voice from he'll.

Princess shows are good. Liars club was very boring last night. But easy to leave and find something else to enjoy.

I like floors 5,6,7 and 8 best.

Pool area is very dated, but very clean and plenty of loungers. I don't do the pools much nowadays  due to the sun stealing bits of my face with skin cancers. 

I'm enjoying this trip and looking forward  to  the  next 3 cruises 

I'd  just like to add that I can spell, but this damn phone keeps  changing the odd word here and there

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

They are boarding  now

And sadly we are not. At the airport for flight home now. 
As my friend hadn’t been to Brisbane before we booked a disembarkation tour just for her to get a bit of an idea. This was canceled as not enough takers. We took the ship airport transfer which at $40 seemed somewhat expensive but as we left we saw the taxi queue snaking all the was back to the entry and only one taxi to be seen. They really need to do something g about the transport options for the new port.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

we saw the taxi queue snaking all the was back to the entry and only one taxi to be seen. They really need to do something g about the transport options for the new port.  

I booked myself on a 1 pm flight for the end of my first cruise in November.   Looks like I'd be safer paying the money for the cruise transfer from the new Brisbane terminal.  Can you do that in advance on the medallion app?  Or just book it once on board?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

I booked myself on a 1 pm flight for the end of my first cruise in November.   Looks like I'd be safer paying the money for the cruise transfer from the new Brisbane terminal.  Can you do that in advance on the medallion app?  Or just book it once on board?

I haven't used the app since I got on board.

I will  ask someone. But airport is next to cruise terminal. I can see the planes taking off from the ship

17 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I will  ask someone. But airport is next to cruise terminal. I can see the planes taking off from the ship

But the airport terminals are a long way from the cruise terminal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

I did it onboard at excursions desk as they had canceled the tour we originally booked. But yes, can do on the app or can also just tick the box on the disembarkation questionnaire that comes round. 
Transfer disembarkation was at 9am - latest group off. By the time you collect luggage etc maybe 45 mins to get from on board to airport. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

No easy way to get to airport from BICT  - have to go up and around so even though airport is close as the crow flies it’s a pain to get there. 

I used app quite a bit to check things but did not use for ordering food etc. it did hang quite a few times so the technology doesn’t seem to be quite there yet. Only way out was to tun off phone. 

we frequented Crooners for pre dinner drinks - Sometimes it was really busy but always did get a seat. International Cafe was often full esp on sea days and people seemed to settle in. The buffet was its usual bun fight at breakfast and at lunch but generally quieter if you went outside peak - about 2pm and after the late show. 

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 5:54 PM, austromyrtus said:

interesting that the nsw covid cruise website showed the previous coral princess trip as 'yellow' but this trip doesn't appear at all. hopefully this means there is not much covid on board...

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

The cruise director mentioned there were only 2 current cases on board.

He did make quips about making the news…..again for different things. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1