On board coral Princess now

Onboard as well at the moment. A few different experiences from the OP. Yes, have seen some under the nose masks but mist people we have seen have been compliant. Think only one person seen in left not wearing properly. Main area where not enforced seems to be theatre or other Sip and Cover bars. The fire was very small from what I have heard - handled quickly.

Have not seen a lot of drunk pax though really not looking for them and OP might be frequenting different places to us and seeing issues.

Medallion net drives me nuts as have to change between phone and iPad for internet depending on what I want to do. Tried to check dinner booking on the App this morning and it told me “no an do, have to have paid for cruise in full” LOL. App just seems quite flakey.

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Onboard as well at the moment. A few different experiences from the OP. Yes, have seen some under the nose masks but mist people we have seen have been compliant. Think only one person seen in left not wearing properly. Main area where not enforced seems to be theatre or other Sip and Cover bars. The fire was very small from what I have heard - handled quickly.

Have not seen a lot of drunk pax though really not looking for them and OP might be frequenting different places to us and seeing issues.

Medallion net drives me nuts as have to change between phone and iPad for internet depending on what I want to do. Tried to check dinner booking on the App this morning and it told me “no an do, have to have paid for cruise in full” LOL. App just seems quite flakey.

On your phone have you tried this:

Ensure Mobile Data is off.

Log out of the Medallion app then log back in again using Quick Access and your cabin number.

That's what Guest Services recommended when I was having problems onboard. It worked perfectly after that.

3 hours ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

We were also on 26th June cruise, and due a refund from a cancelled shore excursion - I was told to expect a cheque, posted from the US, however about three weeks later the refund showed up on my credit card. Hope that helps. 

On 29 July cruise and same with the refund for the cancelled shore excursion. Let's hope they realise New Zealand banks don't accept cheques anymore!

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

On your phone have you tried this:

Ensure Mobile Data is off.

Log out of the Medallion app then log back in again using Quick Access and your cabin number.

That's what Guest Services recommended when I was having problems onboard. It worked perfectly after that.

After you connect to the wifi, go to medallionclass <dot> com in your web browser and click "connect this device". That's how I switched between my phone and my laptop.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Wow! Don't people in NZ use cheques at all?

I am with ANZ, they are getting rid of cheque books. But still issuing bank cheques for a fee, $10 I think.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Wow! Don't people in NZ use cheques at all?

With the prevalence of debit/credit cards and internet banking, the banks were processing fewer and fewer cheques every year and eventually it was not worth the expense to continue accepting cheques. As a result, all the major banks stopped issuing and accepting cheques between February 2020 and August 2021, although they continue to accept their own bank cheques issued before the phase-out.

Just now, lcmortensen said:

With the prevalence of debit/credit cards and internet banking, the banks were processing fewer and fewer cheques every year and eventually it was not worth the expense to continue accepting cheques. As a result, all the major banks stopped issuing and accepting cheques between February 2020 and August 2021, although they continue to accept their own bank cheques issued before the phase-out.

Good to know. Before we write a cheque (although we don't plan to), it would be worth checking with our bank to see if they are still in use.

2 hours ago, imacruiser4347 said:

Hello! We are considering this cruise next year around this time.  However, being it's winter down there, what is the weather like on this cruise? Are sea days cooler/windier?

Are you comparing Gods country to Wisconsin -40 ° winter?

3 hours ago, imacruiser4347 said:

Hello! We are considering this cruise next year around this time.  However, being it's winter down there, what is the weather like on this cruise? Are sea days cooler/windier?

Princess doesn't normally do these cruises in our winter. This year is an aberration due to the restart after covid. Next year for our winter and into spring, Coral Princess is off on a world cruise followed by a 35 day cruise through the Pacific.

Yes, it is cooler, but not necessarily windier. Can be, but luck of the draw. As mentioned, our cold is a bit more mild than your cold. Some mild days in port, but hardly tropical.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, imacruiser4347 said:

This cruise its averaging 28 degrees which I think is about 80 in your  measurements. Nights are around 19 degrees. Back in Brisbane  it was cooler think it was around 20 degrees. Not windy on shore at all. Seas have been smooth so far.

• Like 1

I haven't used the medallion  app at all this cruise. So no problems  there.

I bought my mum a new phone as her old one was too old for the app.

She hasn't  turned it on yet this cruise. It's in her draw.

All the staff are super friendly  and all the officers are very present and chatty.

Off into Port Douglas today. I have never been there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I haven't used the medallion  app at all this cruise. So no problems  there.

I bought my mum a new phone as her old one was too old for the app.

She hasn't  turned it on yet this cruise. It's in her draw.

All the staff are super friendly  and all the officers are very present and chatty.

Off into Port Douglas today. I have never been there.

Lovely town. Enjoy your day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Thank you.

We have no plans. Will just walk around  and play it by ear.

I suggest you head to the right when you get off the ship and continue roughly northwards to get to the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon (beautiful swimming 'pool'). It is lovely. Another option is to visit the Cairns Aquarium (cnr Abbott and Florence Sts).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

With are also with ANZ. We have a cheque book but it is a long, long time since we last wrote out a cheque.

My 92 year old Dad, is also with ANZ,  he pays all his bills with cheques.

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

I am with ANZ, they are getting rid of cheque books. But still issuing bank cheques for a fee, $10 I think.

That's not what their website says Les. Ordering an ANZ cheque or deposit book.

My dad banks with ANZ and uses cheques to pay his bills and hasn't been told they are getting rid of them.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I suggest you head to the right when you get off the ship and continue roughly northwards to get to the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon (beautiful swimming 'pool'). It is lovely. Another option is to visit the Cairns Aquarium (cnr Abbott and Florence Sts).

Long walk from the marina in Port Douglas 😉

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

We have an ANZ cheque account and a cheque book, although we haven't used it for a while. Bank cheques are a totally different thing, quite different from personal cheques.