On board coral Princess now

On 8/17/2022 at 2:07 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hopefully nobody caught Covid on the reef excursion. How was that excursion? Is it good value for money? I like snorkelling but DH doesn't so we're tossing up between that or the Whitehaven Beach trip. However we are going to wait to see what the weather forecast is like before booking anything. We'll take the risk of missing out but never mind.

The reef excursion used Quicksilver and out to their pontoon at Agincourt Reef - maybe check their website. I didn’t snorkel so can’t comment on that. There was also an excursion to the Low Isles which is soft coral and from what I remember is lovely.

we had to shuttle in to Port Douglas the join the regular Quicksilver day trip - it did make it a long day. I remember QM2 had the excursion pick up direct from the ship though not Port D just can’t remember where.

5 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

The reef excursion used Quicksilver and out to their pontoon at Agincourt Reef - maybe check their website. I didn’t snorkel so can’t comment on that. There was also an excursion to the Low Isles which is soft coral and from what I remember is lovely.

we had to shuttle in to Port Douglas the join the regular Quicksilver day trip - it did make it a long day. I remember QM2 had the excursion pick up direct from the ship though not Port D just can’t remember where.

We have had the cat pick up direct from the ship  and to the reef out of Airlie  Beach, also brought back to the ship directly 

• Like 1

Well….

it was like driving into the Ho Chi Min City port…. $50 taxi drive…

Left hotel at 12… here in the piggery food court at 1.30 …watching the masses indulge 

sadly my mum is losing her mind…onset… she has no idea where she is going 

Edited by shireboi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We have had the cat pick up direct from the ship  and to the reef out of Airlie  Beach, also brought back to the ship directly 

I have seen that happen when the ship is anchored off Airlie Beach. There isn't time to take everyone ashore by tender, then transfer to the big cat for the trip to the reef. It is much faster to take the passengers directly off the ship onto the cat.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Happy cruising but remember only one Milky Way per day! 🤣

BTW I thought Crooners made better Milky Ways than the Wheelhouse. I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Yes, Crooners is the spot for anything that says martini

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

It's not the distance or cost I am worried about. I was going to take a taxi to the airport, but now worried that I might miss the 1 pm plane if taxis are in high demand, so maybe the cruise ship transportation might be safer?

We arrived at the terminal at 10:30, and all the taxies were leaving empty. I think you will be OK.

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We arrived at the terminal at 10:30, and all the taxies were leaving empty. I think you will be OK.

That has been my theory - disembark late so you go outside looking for a taxi when the new passengers are already arriving. It would only be 20 minutes or so drive to the airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I like to avoid the buffet if possibly 

And the pool area…

….. some things you can’t unsee.

the Princess plus deal is getting a canning ….  I will have to detox after these 3 nights…… there’s a few on board this trip…though one can’t judge the numbers. 

Edited by shireboi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

I booked myself on a 1 pm flight for the end of my first cruise in November.   Looks like I'd be safer paying the money for the cruise transfer from the new Brisbane terminal.  Can you do that in advance on the medallion app?  Or just book it once on board?

We booked a private transfer and the driver met us at the terminal. Cost $75 - still less than Princess transfer and guaranteed terminal to airport at the time WE wanted. Just a suggestion 🤔

Edited by Porky55

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

We booked a private transfer and the driver met us at the terminal. Cost $75 - still less than Princess transfer and guaranteed terminal to airport at the time WE wanted. Just a suggestion 🤔

Con x last week was $20pp airport to ship 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have seen that happen when the ship is anchored off Airlie Beach. There isn't time to take everyone ashore by tender, then transfer to the big cat for the trip to the reef. It is much faster to take the passengers directly off the ship onto the cat.

Much more efficient too.

8 minutes ago, B'Elanna said:

Just a quick question to anyone who is on board or has been on board.

Do you still get the credit card sized card or does the Medallion thingy replace it totally? Just wondering, as I collect them!

You don't get the old-style cruise card, although I have read that you can request one at the passenger services desk. I can't confirm this.

21 minutes ago, B'Elanna said:

Just a quick question to anyone who is on board or has been on board.

Do you still get the credit card sized card or does the Medallion thingy replace it totally? Just wondering, as I collect them!

Now you can start a collection of Medallions if you want.🤐

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

A lot of standing around as they are keen for you to get off the ship to allow them to prepare for the new pax.Our group at 9am was the last group although there were people still on board.

We looked at a private transfer but didn't get round to organising it and had booked a debarkation tour to show my friend a bit of Brisbane - sadly that was cancelled.