Royal Up?

We are currently booked in a Junior Suite in which you receive Double Crown and Anchor points.  But when I researched the Royal Up program it says that you will NOT receive Double C&A points if your bid is accepted.  So will I still receive the Double C&A points if I'm successful because I'm starting off in a JR. Suite?  I'd rather have the Double points for that cruise because it's an 8 night itinerary.  Thanks

Since js and up get 2 pts you still get 2 pts. If you are in a balcony and move to a JS you do not gain the extra pt.

Double I guess you assume everyone travels in pairs.. the wording is as a couple I assume. Solo gets 1 pt so solo in a JS gets 3. Not double anything. New math. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, huntr104 said:

We are currently booked in a Junior Suite in which you receive Double Crown and Anchor points.  But when I researched the Royal Up program it says that you will NOT receive Double C&A points if your bid is accepted.  So will I still receive the Double C&A points if I'm successful because I'm starting off in a JR. Suite?  I'd rather have the Double points for that cruise because it's an 8 night itinerary.  Thanks

Yes, you will get the extra points as you booked a JS, whether you RoyalUp to a full suite or stay in your JS.

I am also bidding on suites via RoyalUp, but I am starting from a balcony.  I will not get extra points if I move up.  That is the difference 

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, huntr104 said:

If you read the description on the page where you bid, you will see that you get the points for the cabin that you booked, regardless of what you may get in the Royal Up program.

15 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you read the description on the page where you bid, you will see that you get the points for the cabin that you booked, regardless of what you may get in the Royal Up program.

Ok thank you.  I went to the page but it says that I have to wait until I'm within 30 days to sail.

58 minutes ago, huntr104 said:

I went to the page but it says that I have to wait until I'm within 30 days to sail.

You get that messages for all kinds of reasons, including your TA not participating in the Royal Up program. You can ask others in your Roll Call thread if RU is available at all.

• Thanks 1

Royalup opens at kind of random intervals before a cruise.  I had been getting the 30 day notice all along but opened up a few weeks ago for Allure in October.  Got email yesterday and cruise is still over 58 days out.

• Like 1

Got our Royal Up email yesterday and we sail in 43 days on Odyssey OTS out of Rome. Put some bids in but am not holding my breath, will wait and see and if we don't get an upgrade it will be a bonus. It does state that you do not get double points if you are upgraded into a suite.

I got email yesterday as well for cruise on October 29th. I am in an ocean view gty room and the royal ups are for balconies which I am not interested in and junior suite which other than access to coastal kitchen really does not offer anything so not worth that price.