Classic drink package questions

elmaexec

With the Classic beverage package, is your mini bar stocked with beverages included in the package or is everything in the mini bar extra?

Also, if you get a drink that’s not included in the package, do you pay the difference or the full cost of the drink?  

If you order a drink over the Classic limit ($9.00), you’ll pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference.

unless you’re in an upper tier suite, the mini bar is not included.  There have been some who’ve reported that even in a Sky Suite  their PRH has filled the mini bar without charge, but I would not count on that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Contents of the mini-bar are not included in the classic beverage package.  And if you purchase a drink above the classic limit you pay the difference plus the gratuity.

If you order within the $9 limit, is the gratuity included or is that always extra?

As others have wrote, tell them to empty the cooler.   You can then order beers at a bar and ask for them to to be unopened.   You can also bring back water, glasses of wine and etc.    Every time we go to our cabin we carry something to drink for later

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

Edited by miched
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, recia said:

Will they empty the mini bar if you ask

I've asked for this many times, many times emptied with a smile, but at least once it never happened by day # so I just pulled the contents all out and stacked it on the counter and then just put it back at the end of the cruise.  Like many, I wanted to put my own things in there like bottled water, yogurt/milk from the buffet (or a dessert snack for later). 

It isn't a really cold 'fridge' but it served my needs; I had read somewhere long ago that if you open the 'cupboard' door that houses the 'fridge' (if there is one) it lets air circulate better and seems to make it work better and get colder so I would do this whenever I could (when I knew I wouldn't walk into it.)

Edited by poffles
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Belfast1916 said:

I see from the bar menus on the app that there does not seem to be a great choice of cocktails for $9, most are over this price.  Can you ask the bar tender to adjust the cocktail to suit the classic package?

The Classic Beverage Package gives you a $9 discount on ANY cocktail, you simply pay the difference + gratuity on the difference. Enjoy your cruise, drink whatever you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 3:11 PM, MixerDave said:

Is there a limit on the number of drinks:?

No, but you can only get one at a time per card (unless the second "drink" is a bottle of water).

1 hour ago, Belfast1916 said:

I see from the bar menus on the app that there does not seem to be a great choice of cocktails for $9, most are over this price.  Can you ask the bar tender to adjust the cocktail to suit the classic package?

Yes.  Folks ask all the time, and they'll do it to the extent they are able.  If it's something simple, like a gin & tonic, they should be able to just use a liquor that is included in the package.  Sometimes they can make a smaller version of something more elaborate.  Just ask, and they'll do what they can for you.  The typical worst case, though, is that you just add another buck or two on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1