Chips and Salsa for snacks!

Cruiseboy06

The ships with Blueiguana Cantina do they serve Chips/  tortilla chips with salsa or with other fixing.  If not should  they have them for maybe for afternoon or late night snacks?   

I know as my last cruise in 2019 they had taco shells for taco salad.

Edited by Cruiseboy06

47 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The salsas at Blue Iguana are toppings for the tacos, intended for chips and salsa. Chips would be too messy.

Lots of messy things.  Not sure why that would make the cut.  Before Blue iguana and guys the deck food snack area had chips and queso.  I do miss having chips. 

21 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Lots of messy things.  Not sure why that would make the cut.  Before Blue iguana and guys the deck food snack area had chips and queso.  I do miss having chips. 

Weren't the chips really thick though, almost like they had fried tortillas that weren't meant to make chips with? I can remember not caring for the chips when what's now Guy's was a generic grill. 

But I did like the cheese dip (calling it queso is giving it a bit too much credit) with the fries from the grill.

Only time we got tortilla chips from Carnival was the bag we were given with our cabana reservation on Half Moon Cay. 
I wish they would provide them on board. I love the fresh pico de gallo and the watermelon/jicama salsa from Blue Iguana. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Weren't the chips really thick though, almost like they had fried tortillas that weren't meant to make chips with? I can remember not caring for the chips when what's now Guy's was a generic grill. 

But I did like the cheese dip (calling it queso is giving it a bit too much credit) with the fries from the grill.

Calling it cheese might be too much credit too lol. But yeah, it was good to indulge in a couple times during the week. 

I was able to get tortilla chips on the buffet at lunch one day on my last cruise (4 years ago, mind you). I don't know if they were there all the time since that's the only time I visited the buffet, but I was pretty excited to find chips on the ship!

14 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

The salsas at Blue Iguana are toppings for the tacos, intended for chips and salsa. Chips would be too messy.

My guess has always been it's the humidity. Setting them out near the pool they dont stay crispy if they sit out very long.

Humidity is my guess. The shell bowls they can just keep behind the counter and use as needed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmukid87 said:

I was just on Magic the last few days.  After the "mega deck party" we walked by the Blue Iguana and they did have chips and salsa out.  Completely shocked me.  Never saw it again, though.

Yes, I saw that during/after the two Deck Parties on the Magic's 8/11 sailing.  The pici de Gallo with chips was a delightful surprise.  TASTY!