Dress Code

Caroldoll

20 hours ago, RedIguana said:

So is Lingerie acceptable in the MDR for formal night? Or only at the late seatings? Can my wife wear fishnets without garters?

Yes. That's how my wife dresses.  No problem.  Captains Club Happy Hour always seems to last more than 2 hours that way 

41 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Always amazes me how someone trying to follow the policy posts a simple question and it goes all off topic.

Ok.  Let’s spend 5,000 posts discussing whether red shirts or blue are more appropriate in the MDR.  That’ll be fun.

• Haha 3

It is so amusing bouncing between the Cunard and Celebrity boards! 

For the most part, I dress for me (and I do dress to the standard) and don’t worry about other people. I’m the guy who went to college classes in coat and tie because I commuted and worked for the state legislature after classes, so I’m used to not fitting in!

Maybe their luggage got lost. Maybe a child got sick all over them. Maybe they are rubes from the sticks. Whatever. 

At the same time, I also enjoy when people get into the spirit of the evening. At the end of the day, I enjoy stylish, with or without collar. Heck, even Cunard shows the options for their non-formal nights of a stylish T-shirt with blazer.

25 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok.  Let’s spend 5,000 posts discussing whether red shirts or blue are more appropriate in the MDR.  That’ll be fun.

The guy in the red shirt never lasts more than the first 5 minutes.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The reason this (and 99% of all threads here) go off topic is most OP questions  are answered by the next 2 or 3 responses, followed by repeated confirmations of what the first2 posted. 

And since most of us are just biding time between cruises with nothing else todo except focus on the next cruise, we just keep posting whatever pops into our sick minds. 

personally I like the idea of fishnet with garters than my usual dress code suggestions of Speedo and Sandals  with black socks.

den

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 year later...
On 8/17/2022 at 9:45 AM, D C said:

Yes, jeans are allowed every night, including "Evening Chic" night (with 'designer' jeans being specified in the dress code).  Not sure what constitutes 'designer' these days though. 

My jeans were designed by somebody named "Levi".  They're a very popular brand!

Elvis