NCL shareholder credit

jonthomas

I submitted my  complete for via email on the 18th for out upcoming October cruise.  I received an automatic reply from Oceania the same day.  I receive an updated invoice with the onboard credit on Monday, the 22nd.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Have no idea why the hold up for us, unless they are not doing November yet.

We're on the November TA on Marina and already have the credit.  If I were in a similar situation, I'd be inclined to resubmit it, wait a day, and then call the customer service line to follow up.  Although the CS folks can't make the adjustment, they can shoot a message to the Shareholders division and ask for an update.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KS&JW said:

I submitted my  complete for via email on the 18th for out upcoming October cruise.  I received an automatic reply from Oceania the same day.  I receive an updated invoice with the onboard credit on Monday, the 22nd.

I got updated invoice from my travel agent show $100 as gift order but it didn’t show up as OBC on my account when I login.   Does your $100 share holder OBC show on your account?

For someone who received this $100 OBC, when it show on your account?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelbug2225 said:

Yes it shows up on my Oceaniacruises.com for December and January cruises right beside your booking number on Booked Cruises

Edited by Robjame

6 hours ago, travelbug2225 said:

I got updated invoice from my travel agent show $100 as gift order but it didn’t show up as OBC on my account when I login.   Does your $100 share holder OBC show on your account?

Is this a gift from your TA?

IME it will not show online  but on your final invoice  it will be noted

Have not sailed since 2019 so things may have changed

You will also find cards in your cabin with all the OBC  PPG etc   listed

7 hours ago, travelbug2225 said:

I can see it on my Oceania invoice, page 3, Amenities and Gifts section and it says "shareholder shipboard credit"  I can also see it online listed under "total shipboard credits" but is listed as Complementary shipboard credit.

I received a $100 credit on my booking after my TA made an inquiry.  However, since it was not identified as a shareholder benefit, I resubmitted the request for the third time.  I immediately received a reply from Oceania (the only reply) advising me that the credit had been issued and that my TA was notified.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Siena219 said:

Folks keep it simple I’m cruising on Jan 4 ,22  I will Email and or fax to the # I gave you above 305-436-4140 hope it’s not changed from last time,60 days prior to departure but not to early or it goes to a black hole the statement of 30 Oct or by 5 Nov. will be fine , will CC my TA just in case . Title Page Stock benefits .

1 Ship Name and Date of departure and days 

2 booking # and cabin

3 address 

4 your Email and Phone # 

You only need 100 shares folks at todays price $1380 

It can be just as easy, if not easier, to complete the form they provide on their website.  Email that and a copy of your brokerage statement to the address on the form.  I can't say one way or another about the fax, since Oceania asks you to email it to them or send it via USPS.  They provide both addresses on the form.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

It can be just as easy, if not easier, to complete the form they provide on their website.  Email that and a copy of your brokerage statement to the address on the form. 

The only thing I would add is to continue sending daily until you get the automated reply that Oceania has received your request. Our experience from sending in Shareholder Benefit Requests on multiple occasions is that this does not always happen and when we have enquired about our request, the response has been that it was never received. 

2 hours ago, kibutzer said:

Please note it is listed as an amenity and not a shipboard credit. I am keeping email in case there is issue on account when on ship.

Hmm...after clicking on "Manage This Booking" and "View Credits", ours appears as "Complimentary Shipboard Credit" and each of our accounts reflects 1/2 of the shareholder benefit.  

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

The only thing I would add is to continue sending daily until you get the automated reply that Oceania has received your request. Our experience from sending in Shareholder Benefit Requests on multiple occasions is that this does not always happen and when we have enquired about our request, the response has been that it was never received. 

I echo the above, Highly Recommend it, and cannot stress too much that its advice be followed until success is achieved.  There is, frankly, no other option with Oceania these days.

P.S.  If you don't follow this advice and you have problems, please buy me a drink first before expecting me to listen to your story.  image.png.7fe3d5fa0c94faa58698c89ddf24a9f9.png

Edited by annandme
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Hmm...after clicking on "Manage This Booking" and "View Credits", ours appears as "Complimentary Shipboard Credit" and each of our accounts reflects 1/2 of the shareholder benefit.  

On my invoice it shown as gift order (this are not from my travel agent, it was add after my travel agent contact Oceania when I inquired about my shareholder benefits)  and show as $50 per passenger however it not list it on my online account.  

On 8/25/2022 at 12:11 AM, travelbug2225 said:

My $250 OBC Shareholder Benefit does not show up in my on line account either, but I do have the updated Oceania invoice showing the amount.   The amount was split evenly between my husband and I as we are joint holders on the Fidelity account.

Joe

It is one benefit per cabin so even if each of you has 100 shares, you still only receive one benefit which is why it is split.

My wife owns the shares and the brokerage statement shows that however, the benefit is still split. If you did this through your TA it could be allocated differently, I suppose.

5 hours ago, travelbug2225 said:

On my invoice it shown as gift order (this are not from my travel agent, it was add after my travel agent contact Oceania when I inquired about my shareholder benefits)  and show as $50 per passenger however it not list it on my online account.  

Ours just showed up as a gift order too - I believe when it is designated that way, it is refundable!!

First time with trouble getting shareholder credit easily. Send snail mail and email forms and copies of stock to NCL for one last cancelled from Covid cruises, and to Oceania for three future 2022 trips. NCL claimed emailed forms were “corrupt/unreadable”, no response from O. Our wonderful TA stepped in and in less than 24 hours, credit appeared on our invoices. Not important if credit is refundable as we enjoy having obc when onboard. 

I went to "manage your booking"...but there is nowhere that says view credit....so there is nothing on the account for me to see....

all I have is a letter from my TA saying that we got it...but no other info....

guess I have to get the TA to give me an updated invoice....otherwise I will have an issue when on board....