Holy markup @ candy in gift shop!

fstuff1

31 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

It's 2022 now, not 2009.  Cruise lines are extremely cost conscious.  We have all witnessed when things get abused and bragged about on forums, suddenly they are removed or a "nominal fee" for "our convenience" suddenly appears.   It's meant for a little bit of ice cream topping, not for someone to get a bowl full of candy.  

I’m not bragging or abusing, just stating a fact.  Giving a kid a few pieces of candy in a small bowl is not going to bankrupt the company.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lostchild said:

It is about the same price as candy in movie theatres.

Grocery store inside-store shelf: $1 to $2

Grocery store shelf by checkout: $2 to $3

Movie theatres: $4 to $5

i had to go to the grocery store after reading this so I had to check it out. I found the same pricing, on the same item at both store locations. Can’t verify the movie theater thing as we haven’t been to a movie since 2003.

4 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

It's meant for a little bit of ice cream topping, not for someone to get a bowl full of candy.  

Correct --

On more than one cruise I noticed the same person scooping the bowl clean on a few occasions and wanted to say :

" Ok, so ya " beat 'em " for several bowls of M&M's or " whatever " to take home !!

Feel better now " ??

If I was 6'17" tall , lots of " years " younger , and wasn't such a wimp--- etc, etc.--- but, I did nothing.

She, oops, the same person also piled up chocolate chip cookies .

I can't remember the actual price, but I was amazed at the price of a bottle of water at (I believe it was) O'Hare. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Minneapolis airport where there are plenty of water bottle filling stations, I never saw one at O'Hare. I'm not saying they don't have them, but I am guessing you need to know where they are.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:51 AM, fstuff1 said:

I had $35 obc left over so i figured i'd buy candy for some crewmembers.

peanut butter cups: $5

rest of the candy in that row: $4 or $5

Pringles $8 😮

IMG_20220818_212216.jpg

Yup, they know you are a trapped passenger.  Not like you can swim to the nearest Circle K for snacks and they know it.

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Correct --

On more than one cruise I noticed the same person scooping the bowl clean on a few occasions and wanted to say :

" Ok, so ya " beat 'em " for several bowls of M&M's or " whatever " to take home !!

Feel better now " ??

If I was 6'17" tall , lots of " years " younger , and wasn't such a wimp--- etc, etc.--- but, I did nothing.

She, oops, the same person also piled up chocolate chip cookies .

Seriously, you are counting M&Ms at the ice cream station over and over.  I think you kid or are you getting refills of ice cream with M&Ms over and over.😉😀

1 minute ago, Oville said:

Seriously, you are counting M&Ms at the ice cream station over and over.  I think you kid or are you getting refills of ice cream with M&Ms over and over.😉😀

With due respect-- I don't understand your statement.

To be clear, my post was in reference to what I observed , but, I was not involved in any way.

( Never had an M&M on a cruise ) 

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

With due respect-- I don't understand your statement.

To be clear, my post was in reference to what I observed , but, I was not involved in any way.

( Never had an M&M on a cruise ) 

Sorry, I thought your post was humorous hence the wink and a smile.

• Thanks 1

Interesting seeing a person scooping M&M bowl clean - my ‘observation’ was the toppings bowls were behind the class and the server provided them when you pointed and asked…..guess they put them out for that to happen, but didnt see that on any cruise, including the 2 since reopening. 

I guess I’m not that observant….or care. 

Den

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Interesting seeing a person scooping M&M bowl clean - my 'observation' was the toppings bowls were behind the class

LOL---Oh Boy--This is " serious" ( ?? ) and could become " heated " ---

My "observation " was exactly as stated below.

"On more than one cruise I noticed the same person scooping the bowl clean on a few occasions ".

( The bowl was right beside the chocolate chip cookies you were probably eating )

However, we haven't cruised since Covid, so let's assume Celebrity " observed " the cost of the M&Ms and changed the " location " of the bowl to behind the glass and how many M&Ms were to be served .

You say--- "I guess I’m not that observant….or care ". 

Same here-- I don't even " care " who the Captain is on our upcoming cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Interesting seeing a person scooping M&M bowl clean - my ‘observation’ was the toppings bowls were behind the class and the server provided them when you pointed and asked…..guess they put them out for that to happen, but didnt see that on any cruise, including the 2 since reopening. 

Den

M&M's?

thought it was Reeces pieces?

ok, could be m&m chocolate. (definitely not peanuts since it's too thin)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den

But you are correct.  The server gives one twist of the knob whether ice cream or not😉👍

• Like 1