Checkin time

mertziek

NCL Check-in is flaky. Tomorrow you'll be able to grab your eDocs (if they are not already available). A day later, your check-in may drop back down to 85%. If it does, then quickly go back into the personal health section (even though it has a green check) and look for the option to selection a check-in time. Once you select a time, you'll go back to 100% and your eDocs will be regenerated with the check-in time on the boarding pass. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, casofilia said:

What is your Latitude level?   Does that give you priority embarkation?   If so you won't be given/be able to choose a port arrival time.

Is that still the case? I had never had an arrival time before, but did get one last time (April). I assumed that everyone had them now.

On 8/23/2022 at 12:27 AM, BirdTravels said:

NCL Check-in is flaky. Tomorrow you'll be able to grab your eDocs (if they are not already available). A day later, your check-in may drop back down to 85%. If it does, then quickly go back into the personal health section (even though it has a green check) and look for the option to selection a check-in time. Once you select a time, you'll go back to 100% and your eDocs will be regenerated with the check-in time on the boarding pass. 

And just as you predicted, this morning I was only 85% checked in and was able to select a port arrival time.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2022 at 6:22 AM, mertziek said:

And just as you predicted, this morning I was only 85% checked in and was able to select a port arrival time.

Cool. If you miss that fact, you may end up with a 3 pm arrival time. Glad to hear you were able to get the time of your choice. 

Remember to grab a fresh copy of your edocs with the time on it. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 8/23/2022 at 2:57 AM, casofilia said:

What is your Latitude level?   Does that give you priority embarkation?   If so you won't be given/be able to choose a port arrival time.

Once we hit platinum, no matter what arrival time we select, it always comes back as "Arrival Time-Open"

48 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Once we hit platinum, no matter what arrival time we select, it always comes back as "Arrival Time-Open"

Interesting...we have been Platinum for a few cruises now and never get that. Always have to select a time.

On 8/23/2022 at 2:57 AM, casofilia said:

my question is if we are taking NCL transfer transportation to the port how do we know what time to select for port arrival? NCL will pick us up at the Airport and take us to the port.

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

my question is if we are taking NCL transfer transportation to the port how do we know what time to select for port arrival? NCL will pick us up at the Airport and take us to the port.

Just pick a time earlier than you expect to arrive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

We cruised last week and the time was printed on the ticket.  We’re above platinum and sailed in the Haven. 

10 hours ago, CaptainBazz said:

Interesting...we have been Platinum for a few cruises now and never get that. Always have to select a time.

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We cruised last week and the time was printed on the ticket.  We’re above platinum and sailed in the Haven. 

This was from 4/8.CDB98537-499A-4EFF-883D-79AE77BF15F6.thumb.jpeg.bb748c8cc44c5709ec600fe8e0cb6d3c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last month embarking on the Star in Reykjavik, no one cared about our chosen check-in time.  I know they were keeping people to those pretty closely once cruising started back up.  But I don't know how much they care now.  

For those who've sailed recently from different ports, did anyone hold you to your time?  Or like our experience did no one care?

12 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

Last month embarking on the Star in Reykjavik, no one cared about our chosen check-in time.  I know they were keeping people to those pretty closely once cruising started back up.  But I don't know how much they care now.  

For those who've sailed recently from different ports, did anyone hold you to your time?  Or like our experience did no one care?

They checked and held people back last month when boarding the Dawn in Stockholm.  But I think it's the only time I've ever noticed anyone checking.  And they were swamped at the time, so it might have just been a crowd control issue at the time.

• Thanks 1

We checked in yesterday for our upcoming cruise. As I said earlier, we have only ever had an arrival time since Covid. I assume we didn't have them beforehand due to latitudes level.

As on our other post covid cruise we had to select a time again this time, and our Edocs have the time printed, as per BirdTravels post above and also have the arrival time as "Open" later in the docs as per cruise bears post (we are above platinum and in a suite).

We will arrive at our selected time anyway, but my assumption would be that the "Open" statement supersedes any time stated elsewhere.

Not that anyone eat the port seems to care anyway, as noted by The Shrike.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...