Port Everglades Cruise Terminal and Parking

Floridastorm

We are also on the Sept 17 Equinox Sailing and will be using the ParkNGo parking lot for second time. We liked the door to door convenience of shuttle that picks you up at your car and drops at terminal so no long walks with bags. On return catch ParkNGo shuttle at port and takes you to your car.

9 minutes ago, sdrobin said:

We are also on the Sept 17 Equinox Sailing and will be using the ParkNGo parking lot for second time. We liked the door to door convenience of shuttle that picks you up at your car and drops at terminal so no long walks with bags. On return catch ParkNGo shuttle at port and takes you to your car.

See you on board. 🙂

3 hours ago, judatt said:

We did 2 cruises out of port Everglades in January. One was 12 days and one 11 days. We drove to the port and parked at port Everglades. We considered parkngo but decided to park in a covered building and near the ship. Yes, it was $15 a day but off site parking wasn’t cheap and all of it left your car sitting in the sun and subject to hail, etc 

on our first cruise, the slip we were in was changed to a distant part of the port. I dropped our bags and my wife and I went to park in the garage. There was a shuttle waiting and I was back to the terminal in 5 minutes. After the cruise we rode the same shuttle to the garage - no lines and we were there in just a couple of minutes. 
on the second cruise our slip was right across from the garage. Easy walk. After the cruise we walked with our bags to the garage and we’re there in a couple of minutes. 

I wonder if there are routinely shuttles in the port running among the garages and the ships. If there are not it would certainly be a good business to start. A lot of older folks needing the easiest way to get from and to the garages/from and to the ships. I myself feel more comfortable to use the port parking than a remote parking lot with all of the thefts, bad weather, and other loony tunes out there. Cost doesn't really enter into it when you're already paying thousands for the cruise itself.

By the way, dropping your bags at the ship before heading to the garage, did you have to fully check in first or can you just drop your bags with the porters and check in later?  

Edited by Floridastorm

15 hours ago, carolyn22 said:

I’ve looked into the park and cruise hotels, but most of them are north of $300 in January (high season for Florida) and for the ones I’ve found you can only park 7-10 days for free. After that they are charging around $10 day. So it’s actually cheaper for me just to pay $15 a day in a garage. 

The parking lots near the airport start at $10 a day, and I’d still have to pay Uber fees to and from the port. In the long run, I’m just not sure it’s worth the hassle to me. 

I’m driving from Virginia and will first be visiting my cousin and his wife who live a little south of Sarasota. I actually thought about doing the one car way rental, but everything I was looking at was around $90 or so going to Fort Lauderdale. Coming back the one way rental was over $100. While it would save me a few hundred bucks, again, I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle. 

I’d love to ask my cousin and his wife to take me and pick me up (using my car), but it’s a 3 hour drive from their house to the port - resulting in two 6 hour drives - and that is just too much to ask of them. 

So I guess I’m going to have to suck it up and pay for the garage. At least it’s covered, hopefully secured, and very close to the ship. 

Having said all of that, thank you so much for your suggestions!  I hadn’t thought about the off-site lots at the airport so I was happy to explore that option. 

Going to Virginia, I can see how 2 car rentals wouldn’t work for you, lol!

We have done that from Mobile to Atlanta, and that rental is pretty inexpensive because they want more cars in Atlanta I think. Enjoy your cruise!

16 hours ago, carolyn22 said:

I’m driving from Virginia and will first be visiting my cousin and his wife who live a little south of Sarasota. I actually thought about doing the one car way rental, but everything I was looking at was around $90 or so going to Fort Lauderdale. Coming back the one way rental was over $100. While it would save me a few hundred bucks, again, I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle. 

We too live a little south of Sarasota and there is an option that you might consider. That would be a cruise shuttle. Our experience was pre-Covid and I haven't a clue if the company is still in business but there was a bus that would pick passengers up in Port Charlotte (the nearest pickup for us) and drop them off at their ship. It's a longer trip because they picked up in Ft Myers and Naples also and then made the rounds of the cruise ships to drop off passengers. We used the bus after a transatlantic and were picked up around 10:00 and returned to Port Charlotte around 2:00pm. I believe there might have been a pick up in Venice as well. The price was reasonable too. Less than parking at the port. 

I checked the Cruise Connection website that Bottomfeeder mentioned earlier, and I think it’s going to work well for me. They pick up in Venice (only a few miles from my cousin’s house) and the round trip cost is only $120. So much cheaper than driving there and parking!

I’m wondering if the same service you’re thinking of?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, and apologies to the OP for hijacking your thread!

3 hours ago, crusin'k said:

Any suggestions for this issue:  Leaving Oct 7 from the Miami airport for a nonstop flight to Barcelona. On Oct 12, we are boarding Beyond for TA to Cape Liberty.  Two days later, we will reboard Beyond for a cruise which will eventually end in Fort Lauderdale.  We live in Naples (Ave Maria) FL and always park at Park n Go - it is less than a 1 1/2 hr drive.  I know it would be expensive to do that, but any other transport I can find from Naples is even more expensive (by a long shot).  Our delimma is, if we park at Park n Go, how do we get to the Miami airport?  We have never used Uber and don't know how we would get them to pick us up at Park n Go.  We have thought of maybe taking the Park n Go shuttle to the cruise port and trying to get a cab or Uber there to take us to MIA.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi cruisn'k,

How about parking at ParknFly at MIA and upon return to Port Everglades book the bus service to MIA that Celebrity usually offers through their "shore excursion" desk?  

We frequently used the ParknFly in Fort Lauderdale for cruises until they ceased operations a month or so ago because the owners sold the property.  We liked them better than ParknGo because we were able to self park and keep our car keys, which might be an important factor especially considering the time you'll be away.   They also appear to have covered valet parking at their Miami lot, if you are concerned about potential weather damage.   

We're on the same Beyond itinerary and will be heading over to BCN on the 9th.  Have a great trip and see you onboard!! 

1 hour ago, carolyn22 said:

I checked the Cruise Connection website that Bottomfeeder mentioned earlier, and I think it’s going to work well for me. They pick up in Venice (only a few miles from my cousin’s house) and the round trip cost is only $120. So much cheaper than driving there and parking!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, and apologies to the OP for hijacking your thread!

That's it! I couldn't remember Cruise Connection. We live just south of your cousin in North Port.

14 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

That's it! I couldn't remember Cruise Connection. We live just south of your cousin in North Port.

I love to visit them and that area is so nice!  We all like to hunt for shark teeth and there are so many good beaches there where we can find them. And no visit is complete without a visit to Abbe’s Donuts in NP and Yoder’s in Sarasota!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

https://www.bookparkngo.com/
Best option for us.
No elevators.

No long hikes to/from terminal.

Cheapest per day price.

Includes free shuttle.

Driver will load your cases.

We learned Park n Fly closed its FLL location in June so went with Park n Go.  Sad to see PNF leave, as they gave great corporate discounts.

3 hours ago, twoflyers said:

Hi cruisn'k,

How about parking at ParknFly at MIA and upon return to Port Everglades book the bus service to MIA that Celebrity usually offers through their "shore excursion" desk?  

We frequently used the ParknFly in Fort Lauderdale for cruises until they ceased operations a month or so ago because the owners sold the property.  We liked them better than ParknGo because we were able to self park and keep our car keys, which might be an important factor especially considering the time you'll be away.   They also appear to have covered valet parking at their Miami lot, if you are concerned about potential weather damage.   

We're on the same Beyond itinerary and will be heading over to BCN on the 9th.  Have a great trip and see you onboard!! 

Park N Fly has also closed MIA.  They need to reflect that in their drop down locations box.  It's not up to date.  Click on FLL or MIA and it will not let you book.

Edited by marieps

1 hour ago, marieps said:

Park N Fly has also closed MIA.  They need to reflect that in their drop down locations box.  It's not up to date.  Click on FLL or MIA and it will not let you book.

I just went onto the MIA ParknFly website and was able to go through a booking up to the point of payment.  Doesn't look like they are closed.   

15 hours ago, twoflyers said:

I just went onto the MIA ParknFly website and was able to go through a booking up to the point of payment.  Doesn't look like they are closed.   

I hit "get a quote" for Miami Cruise parking and got the screen you see.   You can book airport parking, but they don't shuttle to POM.  Uber may still be cost effective, depending on the length or your cruise.  

Screenshot 2022-08-25 114508.jpg

Edited by marieps

2 hours ago, marieps said:

I hit "get a quote" for Miami Cruise parking and got the screen you see.   You can book airport parking, but they don't shuttle to POM.  Uber may still be cost effective, depending on the length or your cruise.  

Screenshot 2022-08-25 114508.jpg

Hi Marie, 

I was responding to cruisn'k, who is departing on a flight out of Miami, he/she is not requesting information for POM parking.   Also, in their post they mention that they've never used Uber and are unfamiliar with how to use that service.  

The Equinox and Infinity are both in port that day, so ONE of them will be at 25 and the other bumped back to 29 (most likely).  Hard to say which will get which at this point.  If there was an Edge class in port, it would get first priority at Terminal 25. 

25 is nearer the parking garage, as you know.  There is a shuttle from the Cypress garage to 29 if needed.  It's worked well in the past for friends who have used it. 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:18 PM, carolyn22 said:

Good to know. Maybe next time we will look into this option.

This time around we will drive from Venice..one night stay at a pre cruise hotel and paking at the port ..pain in the neck!

On 8/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, Turtles06 said:

Yes.  We did that last December.   (One thing to note: I can't speak for all the terminal garages, but the mid-terminal garage has tiny elevators, and not very many of them.  After disembarking, it was a zoo trying to get on one.) 

That seems to be a constant for every dang parking garage at a cruise terminal. When we disembarked the Carnival Mardi Gras in Port Canaveral in March there were literally hundreds of people waiting for two elevators. I ended up carrying the luggage up one flight of stairs. 🙂 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:44 AM, D C said:

The Equinox and Infinity are both in port that day, so ONE of them will be at 25 and the other bumped back to 29 (most likely).  Hard to say which will get which at this point.  If there was an Edge class in port, it would get first priority at Terminal 25. 

25 is nearer the parking garage, as you know.  There is a shuttle from the Cypress garage to 29 if needed.  It's worked well in the past for friends who have used it. 

If I were to guess, I would say Equinox at 25 since that was designed for the larger Edge class ships and Infinity at 29 since it's the smaller ship. But that's just a guess. Good to know about that shuttle service if we should ever need it. 

1 hour ago, WheresWalter said:

That seems to be a constant for every dang parking garage at a cruise terminal.

Fortunately, that’s not the case at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. The elevators are humongous freight elevators that hold a ton of people (as well as porters with luggage carts), and are operated by port staff, not cruisers. 

I don’t recall having an issue at Cape Liberty in NJ either; maybe it’s a Florida problem. 🙃

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 9:44 AM, D C said:

Is one able to walk easily with rolling luggage from the Terminal 25 garage to the ship at Terminal 25? Also, do the shuttles run fairly often from Terminal 29 garage?

Thank You   -   Dave

1 hour ago, Floridastorm said:

Is one able to walk easily with rolling luggage from the Terminal 25 garage to the ship at Terminal 25? Also, do the shuttles run fairly often from Terminal 29 garage?

Thank You   -   Dave

Yes, you should not have a problem with walking to Terminal 25 from the garage. There are sidewalks and also police to stop traffic to let you cross. I remember seeing info about the shuttles to Terminal 29 but don't remember seeing the frequency. You might check on the Port Everglades website for information. 

1 hour ago, Floridastorm said:

Thank You   -   Dave

8854EB9B-5DDB-497C-869C-0C9505570B03.jpeg

2 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Thank You   -   Dave

Rain and beating sun are variables..the pathways are narrow.  We drop off one of us with the  luggage and carryons.  Dh circles back to park and then walks back to ship entrance .  If not overloaded you could walk with wheelie luggae. But is not just right across the street.

The design was all about making a fancy suites waiting area but nothing changed for parking. Busses and cabs are easier!

1 hour ago, CruisinNole said:

Yes, you should not have a problem with walking to Terminal 25 from the garage. There are sidewalks and also police to stop traffic to let you cross. I remember seeing info about the shuttles to Terminal 29 but don't remember seeing the frequency. You might check on the Port Everglades website for information. 

👍 thanks

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Rain and beating sun are variables..the pathways are narrow.  We drop off one of us with the  luggage and carryons.  Dh circles back to park and then walks back to ship entrance .  If not overloaded you could walk with wheelie luggae. But is not just right across the street.

The design was all about making a fancy suites waiting area but nothing changed for parking. Busses and cabs are easier!

Would you believe I never thought of that until you mentioned it. Getting old has its disadvantages.