portable fan

DustFSU

I always travel with a fan. 

The last time on Symphony, earlier this year, the suitcase I had checked with the porter did not show up in my cabin in a timely order.  My room steward, who didn't have to go looking for it - but did, found it in the naughty room.  Once they realized the offending object was just a fan, there was not an issue.  

47 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I bring a small usb fan. It’s very light, made of plastic. It works great and I have it in my carryon

Where do you put this? On the night stand or on the desk? I’m wondering how strong it is. Also, do you have a link to the one you use?

Edited by ReneeFLL

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Where do you put this? On the night stand or on the desk? I’m wondering how strong it is. Also, do you have a link to the one you use?

My GF puts her on the night stand. Remember those nightstands can easily move, so she just pulls it out from the wall a bit to give it more angle on her. They're available to buy from major online websites, and based on personal preference I can't recommend any particular one.

8 minutes ago, robmtx said:

My GF puts her on the night stand. Remember those nightstands can easily move, so she just pulls it out from the wall a bit to give it more angle on her. They're available to buy from major online websites, and based on personal preference I can't recommend any particular one.

Thanks for the response. Since she puts it on the nightstand it probably isn’t powerful enough for me. I like to put mine up on the shelf thing above the desk. I have one of the 6” plug in types and I was wanting to get a smaller one so it doesn’t take up as much luggage space. Guess I’ll have to stick with what I have.

I always carry on a small portable fan these days. Years ago I always put it in checked luggage, but on one cruise it got confiscated and they wouldn’t return it to me until the end of the cruise. I still have no idea why it was confiscated, but I have never had an issue since I started to carry it on with me. 

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I put it on the desk..I’ve brought it on cruises and also used it when we were in Italy this May. It has 3 speeds, it’s not too loud and works great. Its all plastic so it light. It’s a USB plug

https://www.amazon.com/TriPole-Powered-Portable-360°Rotation-Personal/dp/B0867DC9MP/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3L8TEMT80N7FN&keywords=tripole%2Bfan%2Bportable&qid=1661346015&sprefix=Tripole%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-1-spons&th=1

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 6:58 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I bring a small usb fan. It’s very light, made of plastic. It works great and I have it in my carryon

I also have a small fan made of plastic .It takes 2 AAA batteries and works great.I always packed it in my carryon .When I bought mine it came in a blue case.

13 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

Are these portable fans for noise or do they put out sufficient air to help stay cool?  I'm thinking we need one for noise.  Any ideas?

The one I use is not very loud but it definitely helps keep the cabin feel cooler at night. I wouldn’t cruise without one.  

23 hours ago, CFLRetired said:

Are these portable fans for noise or do they put out sufficient air to help stay cool?  I'm thinking we need one for noise.  Any ideas?

Google DOHM NOISE MACHINE.....can't sleep without it and take it everywhere.

So glad to see this thread - I’m a big fan of fans! On my cruise to Bermuda recently I recognized a fellow cruise passenger at a formal afternoon tea held in a garden on St George’s. It was a lovely tea, very elegant but it was so hot and humid that day….it was uncomfortable really. I noticed the other cruiser, a woman, whipped out a small, battery-operated fan and placed it on her table to stay cool. I was so jealous! I made up my mind that I would buy one for my next cruise…especially since I use a fan all year round in several rooms at home. I have them set up so I can ask Alexa to turn them off or on at any time from my bed or chair. If Alexa could speak on her own she would probably tell me to make up my mind already. (Actually,  Alexa does speak up on her own occasionally...kind of scary…but that is neither here nor there.) 

For those who might wonder why would you need a fan on a cruise, it’s just something many of us have gotten very accustomed to in our daily lives…like some people would depend on the air blowing from a fan while getting an MRI.