Oceania 4 Category Labor Day Upgrade

donaldsc

I just got a brochure in the mail that claims that Oceania is having a 4 category upgrade until Labor Day.  I went on their site and I can't see where any of the cruises have such a large upgrade or a resulting reduction in price.  Am I missing something or is this the kind of BS that cruise lines always do.  I have never sailed on Oceania but I thought that with this upgrade it might be worth trying them.

DON

Are you sure you went on Oceania's web site. I went in and it showed the sale right away..Four Cat upgrade on a list of cruises.  Book between Aug 30-Sep 07. I e mailed my TA to book on the 30th.

We did an Alaska cruise tour ( before covid) with them and it was great. Booked them again but cancelled because of covid .

• Like 1

We are the same as the OP.  Experienced cruisers but never with Oceania.  Saw the sail ad online & called.  Weird that he knew who I was.  Because we are long time NCL cruisers, he had our info.  

Anyway, we put a hold on a B4 cabin - the last available in that category.
Prices looked good to me.  If we are ever going to try Oceania, this is it.

Deck 7 over the theater (noise from late night shows??)

Now must look at the Riviera deck plan to see if that will be OK or if we should change to a higher level.
39 days in a long time to be in a cabin we don't like.  

Is there some additional sale starting tomorrow, the 30th?

Will read this board to see what else I can learn. 
Any advice much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, BklynBorn47 said:

We are the same as the OP.  Experienced cruisers but never with Oceania.  Saw the sail ad online & called.  Weird that he knew who I was.  Because we are long time NCL cruisers, he had our info.  

Anyway, we put a hold on a B4 cabin - the last available in that category.
Prices looked good to me.  If we are ever going to try Oceania, this is it.

Now must look at the Riviera deck plan to see if that will be OK or if we should change to a higher level.

Is there some additional sale starting tomorrow, the 30th?

Will read this board to see what else I can learn. 
Any advice much appreciated. 

The sale info/prices will show up on the website on Aug. 30.

This is an important distinction, it is UP to 4 categories, on SELECT cruises. It is not every cruise and every category. 

There is another thread discussing this further down the page. Give it a read

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ORV said:

This is an important distinction, it is UP to 4 categories, on SELECT cruises. It is not every cruise and every category. 

There is another thread discussing this further down the page. Give it a read

Where is this thread??

8 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I just got a brochure in the mail that claims that Oceania is having a 4 category upgrade until Labor Day.  I went on their site and I can't see where any of the cruises have such a large upgrade or a resulting reduction in price.  Am I missing something or is this the kind of BS that cruise lines always do.  I have never sailed on Oceania but I thought that with this upgrade it might be worth trying them.

DON

There are  selected cruises  in the sale (60)

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/upgrade-sale/

as pointed out  it is UP to

Check the cabin categories that  are in the sale  by clicking on "view all offers"   once you select the cruise  

it will show what cabins  are allowed  eg:  G to A2 t depending on availability

READ THE FINE PRINT

3 hours ago, BklynBorn47 said:

NCL  Regent  & Oceania  are all part of NCLH

53 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I have the brochure too and one thing I noticed is that the upgrade to PH is only available on Riviera and Marina. On the "R" class ships the 4 category upgrade looks like it only goes up to Concierge Veranda. 

just  a guess 

but a lot of pax  will book PH on the R ships  so maybe no availability on the cruises in the sale

16 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

just  a guess 

but a lot of pax  will book PH on the R ships  so maybe no availability on the cruises in the sale

There is one cruise in the sale that we're considering.  It's on an R ship and the website shows that there is availability in PH.  In the brochure, it shows there are 30+ cruises in the sale on R ships and concierge veranda is the highest level you can upgrade to on these.  Interesting....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BklynBorn47 said:

im sure someone can help you out better than I with Oceania particularly, but we were over a theatre on Cunard. Didn’t think it would be problem as we were likely to be in a bar or in the theatre at showtime. But……. they rehearsed all afternoon too. It was exhausting every day! 

57 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

im sure someone can help you out better than I with Oceania particularly, but we were over a theatre on Cunard. Didn’t think it would be problem as we were likely to be in a bar or in the theatre at showtime. But……. they rehearsed all afternoon too. It was exhausting every day! 

Thank you.  That's something to consider for sure

Curious what labor day sale offer we will get tomorrow..TA is going to try booking at C1 fares for an upgrade to A2 on two cruises on the list. Both on the old R ships. Will let you know what cost they will book. Does anyone actually get a four cat upgrade ?

Absolutely do. We were looking at a Baltic trip for next summer and it is a $600 pp savings going from B to A. It is definitely the time to try to pick up an A and try to slip into a PH on the cheap to try it out. The opportunity is there.

Good Luck,

Mauibabes

Remember it is UP TO 4 categories...so a B4 would go to an A4, maybe. My TA tells me you go from a C2 to a B2, and that is what I'm hoping for. But, I am hearing the price goes up from what is posted before the sale, too, so what I am seeing for a C2 today, is not what it will be tomorrow. I'm hoping, though....

How many categories you can go up is extremely variable.  For my cruise I can only go up one category from my current cabin C--> B4.    Very much depends upon each cruise and what cabin.  Since my cruise has not gone up in price since I booked I'm not concerned about booking at a new, higher price.  I did book on board so I would lose my onboard booking discount if I am able to move up.  You really need to evaluate your situation to know if it is a good deal for you or not.  

1 minute ago, PhD-iva said:

My itin is literally the next sailing after the last itinerary included on the sale. 
Oh well. Sigh!

Of course, my itin is mostly sold-out/waitlisted in most categories, so that’s another reason it’s not included.

11 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

My itin is literally the next sailing after the last itinerary included on the sale. ...

Wife and I are booked on the last itinerary of the sale. Which was on identical sale for the Memorial Day sale 2022 (when we upgraded). Same prices for the two sales. Currently the only "Wait List" cabins are the inside F and G.

On 8/29/2022 at 5:57 PM, KS&JW said:

How many categories you can go up is extremely variable.  For my cruise I can only go up one category from my current cabin C--> B4.    Very much depends upon each cruise and what cabin.  Since my cruise has not gone up in price since I booked I'm not concerned about booking at a new, higher price.  I did book on board so I would lose my onboard booking discount if I am able to move up.  You really need to evaluate your situation to know if it is a good deal for you or not.  

I asked my agent and he just got back to me with this "The promotion lowers the cost of the currently booked category, so there is no actual upgrade."

We got a $500 reduction.

1 hour ago, pete_coach said:

I asked my agent and he just got back to me with this "The promotion lowers the cost of the currently booked category, so there is no actual upgrade."

We got a $500 reduction.

Did you ask  to move up to a higher category??