Labor Day Sale

Jancruz

2 hours ago, JYDCruise said:

I'm looking at a sailing next fall and they mention the "up to a 4-category" upgrade. When I go asterisk-hunting for the fine print, it says "Offer Valid August 30 - September 7 on Categories G - A2". I am assuming that based on availability, one would book into a G-A2 and upgrade 4 from there since obviously you can't upgrade into a G. I presume the A2 maximum is to prevent people from upgrading all the way to a Vista or Owner's Suite.

Right now, all cabins are showing availability, so if the above is correct, then I could book into a bottom Ocean View (C2) and get a Concierge Veranda (A3)? Or book a Veranda and get a Penthouse (B1-PH3)?

I assume you need to book the O-life fare to qualify, but that does come with other benefits as well.

Check the prices of the cat you want  then when the sale comes out  check the pricing then

The upgrade is factored in to the  pricing  IME

On 8/24/2022 at 3:47 PM, jonthomas said:

This itin is not included in the Labour day sale. That is what I meant by, no Alaska from Van to Los. 

It does include this itinerary in the Labour Day sale but the dates are in May 2023 not September 2023.

1 hour ago, m1k2s3 said:

It does include this itinerary in the Labour Day sale but the dates are in May 2023 not September 2023.

the sept 2024 itin is 13 days, not 12...and has a much  better itin....not interested in San Fran at this time...but yes not getting a 4 cat upgrade ...both are all available....so maybe there will be another sale for the one in Sept...meanwhile I will book it a month before our next sailing with O to get the discount and reduced dep....not as great as a 4 cat upgrade though...

thank you for bringing the May one to my attention...

On 8/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

Here is how the upgrades worked for an itinerary I was considering on Riviera:

O-class pre-sale cabin price to sale cabin price
C to B4
B4 to B1, B2, B3, or A4
B3 to A3
B2 to A2
B1 to A1
A1 to PH3
PH3 to PH2
PH2 to PH1

While exact upgrades may vary, this is a good start for getting an idea of what a typical upgrade scheme looks like. I'll see if I have one for R-class and/or inside to OV.

Sale prices now out, and the above is exactly what I'm seeing on a couple of Greece/Turkey cruises in May, with the exception that on one of cruises, the PH2 and PH1 prices have not changed.

That makes for very compressed pricing, and PH3 seems to be the sweet spot (unless there's some negative about the category of which I'm unaware).

The cruise I've been looking at on a R ship next summer is only a 2 category upgrade and it is only up to A1. So what was A3 before the sale is now the A1 price. PH3 and above is the same price. All cabin categories below PH1 are available.  The 4-category upgrades are probably on a limited number of cruises. 

JMO

31 minutes ago, honumaui said:

As of this morning, the web site is showing new rates that are lower !  Still advertising the upgrade but maybe they mean it is already included. Anyway, I am ready to book if they honor the advertised rates.

That's exactly what we were told.  We put a hold on a B4 on Sunday.  2 of the 4 legs of our 39 days on the Riviera are in the 60 special upgrade offers.  We were told that the price of our B4 booking is the C4 price so we already got our upgrade.  It was already included.  He even checked with a supervisor to be sure he was correct.  OK then.  Since Sunday we checked out the ship in detail and decided we would rather have an A4.  So we just paid the difference.  This is our first Oceania. 

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

yes only on 60 cruises  as noted  on the sale page

image.thumb.png.b17092902c64bcea8c728fcf0fbdccbc.png

There are 60 cruises included in the sale but they don't all get a 4-category upgrade, especially on the R ships.  The point is to check the fares, pre-sale to today's fares, to see what you're actually saving.  

We book PH on the R ships so the sale isn't going to help us, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

There are 60 cruises included in the sale but they don't all get a 4-category upgrade, especially on the R ships.  The point is to check the fares, pre-sale to today's fares, to see what you're actually saving.  

We book PH on the R ships so the sale isn't going to help us, unfortunately.

See posts #15 & 19

I got a 2 category upgrade on the Sirena and saved $350pp.  It's OK, no complaints except "up to 4 categories" is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting here.  The biggest portion of the upgrades are less than that.  O is selling the sizzle, not the steak.  

I plan to leverage the savings on this cruise by booking a much more expensive one on board or within 30 days of this sailing.  That should bring the net savings up considerably on the combined cost of both.  

Could Oceania pricing be more confusing? It turns out that the 10% Oceania Club (returning customer) savings on yesterday’s price for our cabin category beats today’s lower price on that same cabin due to the four-category upgrade already being incorporated into the prices now appearing on Oceania’s website.

At least I think that is what I determined after our excellent TA booked our perfect for us cabin today.

Dare I tell you how much time this “recovering attorney” spent today trying to actually understand the pricing? 🤣

Ok..I booked the cruise I wanted at a discounted price from yesterday. But not a category upgrade as advertised,  Maybe one category but nor sure because the prices changed. Got the cabin category I wanted in a good location so I guess "all is good"  Now if covid testing restrictions don't come back  all will stay good.

2 hours ago, honumaui said:

Ok..I booked the cruise I wanted at a discounted price from yesterday. But not a category upgrade as advertised,  Maybe one category but nor sure because the prices changed. Got the cabin category I wanted in a good location so I guess "all is good"  Now if covid testing restrictions don't come back  all will stay good.

As advertised is "up to" 4 categories, not 4 categories.  But often the upgrade is a good one even if not 4 categories.  So feel good about what you snagged.

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Was anyone able to cancel and rebook? 

If yes, did your agent honour the original perks they gave you? NO way with ours. So we keep our B3. Just too great a difference  to move up a few categories. 

Had a booked cruise.  My TA kept the same cabin, but I got a cost reduction of $600pp.  However, was not able to keep prepaid gratuities, and lost some of the TA rebate.  But still came out ahead about $620 net.

• Like 1

The day this sale went active offering a $600 savings, I spotted another sale. I am keeping my original plan to go South the end of January, with a modification. Going a lot further South. 2 for 1 sale on Atlas Ocean World Navigator 11 nights to Antarctica. $12599 for 2 in A1 Horizon cabin basically all-inclusive along with flights to and from ship from Buenos Aires. Only extras are kayaking and or paddle boarding. Sale is supposed to end tomorrow.

• Like 1

Looked at the Insignia cruise June 2 - June 20 (Hong Kong - Tokyo) which is listed in the 60 cruises Oceania has listed as part of the promotion. I asked about booking B1 and using the 4 cabin upgrade to get into a PH3.  The travel agent told me this promotion does not allow you to get into a PH suite, even if booking a A2 cabin.

If I book a C1 cabin, does this get me into a A3 cabin?

33 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

Looked at the Insignia cruise June 2 - June 20 (Hong Kong - Tokyo) which is listed in the 60 cruises Oceania has listed as part of the promotion. I asked about booking B1 and using the 4 cabin upgrade to get into a PH3.  The travel agent told me this promotion does not allow you to get into a PH suite, even if booking a A2 cabin.

If I book a C1 cabin, does this get me into a A3 cabin?

You  need to look at  VIEW ALL OFFERS  on the cruise  page that you are looking at 

then  it shows what Categories the sale applies to

image.thumb.png.845e25f292ce2585700c6fb06edcf9a8.png

• Thanks 1