Labor Day Sale

Jancruz

23 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

...Have Jan 4 booked, Mia to MIa, will see if TA can get us an upgrade...yes I know it is for new bookings only....but some here seem to say that sometimes their TA was able to do it.....

I don't use a TA but just called O and did the Sales upgrade for an already booked cruise. Did that with the Presidents' Day Sale 2021 and the Memorial Day Sale 2022.

I'm a bit jealous of that 1/4/23 Mia to Mia on Riviera. Doing the exact same cruise on Sirena 11/18/22. Of course, the final payment date was 8/20/22. But we did save $200 booking on Riviera in 2021 and there were two $100 price increases after that. But I will be checking out the prices!

Ah well if there is a price increase I will stay in my lowly B3 category. Cant see the price in US dollars, even though we pay in US. On line can only see CAD prices and cant bother each time to call to check prices. Very annoying. Oh can also see it in British pounds on a certain website. 

10 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

There is NO Alaska, from Vancouver to LA....not interested in doing the west coast...did it when Seattle and San Francisco were safe and with less issues. 

Van to LA still includes Astoria...a lovely port, especially if you have read the book about  John Jacob Aster.

Yep, the only Alaska cruises are in May-July...the reverse LA to Vancouver in May is showing plus the quicky Seattle RT to Alaska in June. There is also the longer Tokyo to SFO in June/July (we've been eyeing the LA to Tokyo version but my husband is busy in the fall....someday!).

8 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

I don't use a TA but just called O and did the Sales upgrade for an already booked cruise. Did that with the Presidents' Day Sale 2021 and the Memorial Day Sale 2022.

I'm a bit jealous of that 1/4/23 Mia to Mia on Riviera. Doing the exact same cruise on Sirena 11/18/22. Of course, the final payment date was 8/20/22. But we did save $200 booking on Riviera in 2021 and there were two $100 price increases after that. But I will be checking out the prices!

Thats great as long as the price has not gone up. Hate to bother my TA only to find out that the price has changed. Would love to see it in US dollars, then I would know without having to ask. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:53 PM, basor said:

We are sailing on 09SEP on Regatta and know we can book a cruise 30 days prior and get onboard savings...I wonder if we can combine the Labor Day sale with the onboard savings?

I've been told no. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Thats great as long as the price has not gone up. Hate to bother my TA only to find out that the price has changed. Would love to see it in US dollars, then I would know without having to ask. 

You can see USD prices by using a VPN connection and setting your location to the US.  I do it all the time when I am overseas.  There are a number of VPN apps out there that work on both computers and eDevices.

Edited by 2552phxcrzr

ah....here it is thanks to google...

How do we connect to a VPN? now have to figure out how to do that...

1. Open your phone's Settings app.
  2. Tap Network & internet. VPN. If you can't find it, search for "VPN." If you still can't find it, get help from your device manufacturer.
  3. Tap the VPN you want.
  4. Enter your username and password.
  5. Tap Connect. If you use a VPN app, the app opens.

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Yes I can view the cabin availability as well and will suggest which cabin to get. 

There is NO Alaska, from Vancouver to LA....not interested in doing the west coast...did it when Seattle and San Francisco were safe and with less issues. 

Van to LA still includes Astoria...a lovely port, especially if you have read the book about  John Jacob Aster.

Sep 7 Thu Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Embark 1 PM 6 PM
Sep 8 Fri Cruising the Outside Passage    
Sep 9 Sat Ketchikan, Alaska 8 AM 4 PM
Sep 10 Sun Juneau, Alaska 10 AM 8 PM
Sep 11 Mon Skagway, Alaska 8 AM 5 PM
Sep 12 Tue Cruising Hubbard Glacier    
Sep 13 Wed Sitka, Alaska  7 AM 4 PM
Sep 14 Thu Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada 12 PM 8 PM
Sep 15 Fri Cruising the Inside Passage    
Sep 16 Sat Victoria, British Columbia, Canada 8 AM 5 PM
Sep 17 Sun Astoria, Oregon, United States 9 AM 6 PM
Sep 18 Mon Cruising the Pacific Ocean    
Sep 19 Tue Cruising the Pacific Ocean    
Sep 20 Wed Los Angeles, California, United States Di

This isnt China

Jancruz1

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, jonthomas said:

ah....here it is thanks to google...

How do we connect to a VPN? now have to figure out how to do that...

1. Open your phone's Settings app.
  2. Tap Network & internet. VPN. If you can't find it, search for "VPN." If you still can't find it, get help from your device manufacturer.
  3. Tap the VPN you want.
  4. Enter your username and password.
  5. Tap Connect. If you use a VPN app, the app opens.

You might need to download a VPN app ... we use hotspot shield.

On 8/20/2022 at 1:06 PM, osandomir said:

Thanks for your posting. Jan, would you also happen to know when it will be the next release of Oceania itineraries for winter 24-25 and beyond. We’ll be cruising in November and will be looking to book a future cruise while on board.

Next release of itins is 11/2 and that will be thru 2025 25 around the World release is September 6

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Jancruz said:
Sep 7 Thu Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Embark 1 PM 6 PM
Sep 8 Fri Cruising the Outside Passage    
Sep 9 Sat Ketchikan, Alaska 8 AM 4 PM
Sep 10 Sun Juneau, Alaska 10 AM 8 PM
Sep 11 Mon Skagway, Alaska 8 AM 5 PM
Sep 12 Tue Cruising Hubbard Glacier    
Sep 13 Wed Sitka, Alaska  7 AM 4 PM
Sep 14 Thu Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada 12 PM 8 PM
Sep 15 Fri Cruising the Inside Passage    
Sep 16 Sat Victoria, British Columbia, Canada 8 AM 5 PM
Sep 17 Sun Astoria, Oregon, United States 9 AM 6 PM
Sep 18 Mon Cruising the Pacific Ocean    
Sep 19 Tue Cruising the Pacific Ocean    
Sep 20 Wed Los Angeles, California, United States Di

This isnt China

Jancruz1

This itin is not included in the Labour day sale. That is what I meant by, no Alaska from Van to Los. 

On 8/21/2022 at 6:53 PM, basor said:

We are sailing on 09SEP on Regatta and know we can book a cruise 30 days prior and get onboard savings...I wonder if we can combine the Labor Day sale with the onboard savings?

I have a cruise that I booked onboard that will be on sale. I was just told by my TA that I will have to choose the upgrade (if it is available for my level of cabin) or the onboard discount.   

• Thanks 1

I'm looking at a sailing next fall and they mention the "up to a 4-category" upgrade. When I go asterisk-hunting for the fine print, it says "Offer Valid August 30 - September 7 on Categories G - A2". I am assuming that based on availability, one would book into a G-A2 and upgrade 4 from there since obviously you can't upgrade into a G. I presume the A2 maximum is to prevent people from upgrading all the way to a Vista or Owner's Suite.

Right now, all cabins are showing availability, so if the above is correct, then I could book into a bottom Ocean View (C2) and get a Concierge Veranda (A3)? Or book a Veranda and get a Penthouse (B1-PH3)?

I assume you need to book the O-life fare to qualify, but that does come with other benefits as well.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Or you can just look at a USA  TA site  🤔

Good point. Although a U.S. resident, I do it all of the time because the deckplans have flashing dots over the cabins that are available...lots easier than Oceania site. The pricing on TA sites, however, is listed for cabin only...no air or olife AFAIK.

5 minutes ago, JYDCruise said:

I'm looking at a sailing next fall and they mention the "up to a 4-category" upgrade. When I go asterisk-hunting for the fine print, it says "Offer Valid August 30 - September 7 on Categories G - A2". I am assuming that based on availability, one would book into a G-A2 and upgrade 4 from there since obviously you can't upgrade into a G. I presume the A2 maximum is to prevent people from upgrading all the way to a Vista or Owner's Suite.

Right now, all cabins are showing availability, so if the above is correct, then I could book into a bottom Ocean View (C2) and get a Concierge Veranda (A3)? Or book a Veranda and get a Penthouse (B1-PH3)?

I assume you need to book the O-life fare to qualify, but that does come with other benefits as well.

Booking O life has nothing to do with getting the sale price or not.
And the UP to 4 category sale is just that UP TO.  It varies by itinerary which cabins you can upgrade from and how far up. No way to know until the 30th all the other details.  I

19 minutes ago, JYDCruise said:

Here is how the upgrades worked for an itinerary I was considering on Riviera:

O-class pre-sale cabin price to sale cabin price
C to B4
B4 to B1, B2, B3, or A4
B3 to A3
B2 to A2
B1 to A1
A1 to PH3
PH3 to PH2
PH2 to PH1

While exact upgrades may vary, this is a good start for getting an idea of what a typical upgrade scheme looks like. I'll see if I have one for R-class and/or inside to OV.

40 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

our price has gone up....so not worth it...does anyone think you can upgrade but keep your original price? I wouldnt think so....

No. To get the upgrade you are making a "new booking" at the new price.

2 hours ago, edgee said:

Good point. Although a U.S. resident, I do it all of the time because the deckplans have flashing dots over the cabins that are available...lots easier than Oceania site. The pricing on TA sites, however, is listed for cabin only...no air or olife AFAIK.

I agree  if you start the booking process it may have the air included  in the options

Just guessing of course