Labor Day Sale

Jancruz

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Watch for the 4 category upgrade sale starting 8/30 for new bookings only!! Cruises 2022 and 2023!

Jancruz1

Thank you so much for this good information! I booked a November 2023 cruise while I was on board Riviera last year. I think I have the best price protection, no? Would I be able to upgrade my existing reservation? Perhaps not, but I thought it was worth asking. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Watch for the 4 category upgrade sale starting 8/30 for new bookings only!! Cruises 2022 and 2023!

Jancruz1

Thanks for your posting. Jan, would you also happen to know when it will be the next release of Oceania itineraries for winter 24-25 and beyond. We’ll be cruising in November and will be looking to book a future cruise while on board.

• Like 2

Are the category upgrade sales capped at a certain level? Can you move from Concierge to Penthouse.

We are new to Oceania and have booked Trieste to Athens 12 days aboard the Vista in May. Was looking for something in the Caribbean in January or February. Considering the Riviera to see the new décor.

Have done the R ships on Azamara and find them a little cramped. Just came off Celebrity, seems like you need to be a suite to get the attention desired. That may change, it was my impression last month on the Millennium in Alaska. Food Service staffing was causing problems in MDR and buffet. Staff was great, just not enough of them. Did Barcelona to Rome in June on the Edge in a Sky Suite and it was great.

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Thank you so much for this good information! I booked a November 2023 cruise while I was on board Riviera last year. I think I have the best price protection, no? Would I be able to upgrade my existing reservation? Perhaps not, but I thought it was worth asking. Thanks again!

It would not hurt to ask!!

Jancruz1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Hi, Jan, and thanks for the info!  If we're already in one of the top 3 categories, does this mean we get to bump the Captain?

Maybe you can share his cabin???

Jancrz1c

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

Are the category upgrade sales capped at a certain level? Can you move from Concierge to Penthouse.

We are new to Oceania and have booked Trieste to Athens 12 days aboard the Vista in May. Was looking for something in the Caribbean in January or February. Considering the Riviera to see the new décor.

Have done the R ships on Azamara and find them a little cramped. Just came off Celebrity, seems like you need to be a suite to get the attention desired. That may change, it was my impression last month on the Millennium in Alaska. Food Service staffing was causing problems in MDR and buffet. Staff was great, just not enough of them. Did Barcelona to Rome in June on the Edge in a Sky Suite and it was great.

Some of the cruises you can move up to the PH just depends on the date

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

Just to be clear, a four category upgrade is UP TO four categories.  Exceptions apply.  

Most all of the 5 cruises we’re booked on in the next 19 months are either fully waitlisted or have a couple lower cabin categories open. An available upgrade would be a C3 to a C1.

I’ll have to peruse the sales list to find where the deals are.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Most all of the 5 cruises we’re booked on in the next 19 months are either fully waitlisted or have a couple lower cabin categories open. An available upgrade would be a C3 to a C1.

What ship has C 3  cat?

I have not looked closely at Vista

On 8/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, Jancruz said:

Watch for the 4 category upgrade sale starting 8/30 for new bookings only!!

Though I've upgraded two previously existing bookings on Presidents' Day (2021) and Memorial Day (2022) sales. So I've got my fingers crossed for a certain late 2023 cruise I'd like to upgrade by doing same again.

It is also worth noting that the current online prices are what you'd pay today (and likely after the sale). On August 30th the online prices will change to show the upgrade-sale price (so there is no further upgrade related price change). This was a source of confusion during the last upgrade sale.

Nothing to Alaska in Sept of 2023....I double checked....did I miss it?

Have Jan 4 booked, Mia to MIa, will see if TA can get us an upgrade...yes I know it is for new bookings only....but some here seem to say that sometimes their TA was able to do it.....

Now that we know which itineraries will be part of the sale I have a question about combining discounts. There are some itineraries in the upgrade sale that are also part of the 10% O-Club savings. Can these be combined? I am also within 30 days of my next cruise; can I also receive the Past Guest discount and lower deposit?

Has anyone combined either 2 or (gasp) all 3 offers? I'm reading the fine print but have not seen any definitive statements about combining special offers (the T&Cs for the sales are mostly the boiler plate O-Life excursions and airfare info).

I would ping my TA about this, but she is working from home this week and mostly having fun with out of town visitors so I don't want to bother her with "what-if" questions until next week.

4 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Have Jan 4 booked, Mia to MIa, will see if TA can get us an upgrade...yes I know it is for new bookings only....but some here seem to say that sometimes their TA was able to do it.....

yes I am going with a group September 6 Vancouver to LA

Jancruz1

6 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Just May and June 2023 to Alaska.

For January...just cancel and rebook. You may risk losing a certain cabin (or category) but if the bookings are slow it's probably low risk. Your TA should be able to view cabin availability (well, so can you...I do it all the time and my TA teases me for doing her job 😉 )

Edited by AMHuntFerry

Yes I can view the cabin availability as well and will suggest which cabin to get. 

There is NO Alaska, from Vancouver to LA....not interested in doing the west coast...did it when Seattle and San Francisco were safe and with less issues. 

Van to LA still includes Astoria...a lovely port, especially if you have read the book about  John Jacob Aster.