Covid positive but Asymptotic

Scotico

15 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

My point is that people who have Covid can spread it to others, people who have heart attacks don't kill others. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

Exactly.  Those who mention they would still cruise if they are vaccinated but asymptomatic with covid do not care about those who are immunocompromised or those traveling with an infant.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scotico said:

Exactly.  Those who mention they would still cruise if they are vaccinated but asymptomatic with covid do not care about those who are immunocompromised or those traveling with an infant.  

Once again, immunocompromised have always had to protect themselves.  And, parents should be protecting their own infants if they are at risk.  BTW, babies and children are a lot less likely to get very sick than adults are.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 6:31 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

We all know about supply-chain problems these days.  The dealership couldn't get the parts to fix my car, so we had to wait WEEKS.

Here in British Columbia, ICBC (Govt corporation; only place you can get primary car insurance)  is just writing off most damaged cars, even simple fender benders, because there are no car parts available to fix these cars with.  So those cars are out in some field, waiting until repair shops have the parts to repair them with, and I imagine, will be auctioned off, or something.

Also, I couldn't help but notice the title of this thread:  Asymptote (mathsisfun.com) 

Yes, I know you meant 'asymptomatic'.

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2022 at 7:39 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I booked a one way rental from MCO to PCN this past February.  Could just be that route as I am sure there is a constant flow back and forth

We have one currently booked the same route MCO to PCN in January, there was no problem booking it.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:56 AM, time4u2go said:

If you are asymptotic, then you'll never reach your goal.  (Sorry, couldn't resist! 😁😉)

Yes.  Asymptotic means you are very close to being sick without actually being sick.  The OP lost her ma,  think.  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:51 AM, MommaBear55 said:

My point is that people who have Covid can spread it to others, people who have heart attacks don't kill others. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

That's not what i am saying...I agree with what you just stated...I just think that there are things in life that are worse that living in fear of Covid!!

• Like 2

On 9/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, Scotico said:

Those who are immunocompromised or those travelling with an infant need to assess their own risks and do what's best for them now. A cruise is merely a leisure activity, no one is forcing anyone to go after all. 

This is speaking as the father of a 5 and 3 year old who most likely had the OG Covid while on Allure back in Feb 2020 (one of the last cruises before the shutdown). They were 2.5 and 6 months old at the time. Our kids have been in private preschools that have been open throughout the pandemic (thank-goodness) and we have always taken them out to malls and restaurants and what not whenever allowed and have not put masks on them ever. 

To this day I'm more concerned about my 4 dosed parents than I ever have been for our unvaccinated (against Covid) kids. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1