Updated Protocols for Transatlantic Sailings

Here's the latest & greatest.  Question is, what about those who are on the first leg of the B2B prior to the TA?  Do they have to retest when previous requirement for B2B is not having to retest?  If so, Is Royal going to test or does everyone have to bring an eMed test on board and test the night before?

Protocols: Transatlantic Sailings

Below find our updated protocols for our Transatlantic sailings embarking in October and November. Should there be any changes, we are committed to keeping you informed

Vaccination Required
All guests ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Although not required, we recommend that guests be up-to-date with their boosters, when eligible. Guests under 5 may join us for this sailing, regardless of vaccination status.

Up-to-date: For the purpose of our sailing, to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago.

Testing
Pre-cruise
All guests ages 5 and older are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:

• Up-to-date guests: your test must be taken no more than 3 days before boarding day.
  • Not up-to-date guests:
    • PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before boarding day
    • Antigen test taken no more than 24 hours before boarding day

Accepted Tests
Guests can take advantage of telehealth antigen tests to satisfy their pre-cruise requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results. Unsupervised self-tests will not be accepted for transatlantic sailings. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

Check out our Healthy Sail Center for our full sailing protocols

• Thanks 1

People on my RC are claiming no tests on b2bs… seems a little unfair. I’m S2S so will need to test although some TAs are leaving in September and these new protocols are  for our Transatlantic sailings embarking in October and November.

Edited by little britain

54 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Here's the latest & greatest.  Question is, what about those who are on the first leg of the B2B prior to the TA?  Do they have to retest when previous requirement for B2B is not having to retest?  If so, Is Royal going to test or does everyone have to bring an eMed test on board and test the night before?

Protocols: Transatlantic Sailings

Below find our updated protocols for our Transatlantic sailings embarking in October and November. Should there be any changes, we are committed to keeping you informed

Vaccination Required
All guests ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Although not required, we recommend that guests be up-to-date with their boosters, when eligible. Guests under 5 may join us for this sailing, regardless of vaccination status.

Up-to-date: For the purpose of our sailing, to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago.

Testing
Pre-cruise
All guests ages 5 and older are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:

• Up-to-date guests: your test must be taken no more than 3 days before boarding day.
  • Not up-to-date guests:
    • PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before boarding day
    • Antigen test taken no more than 24 hours before boarding day

Accepted Tests
Guests can take advantage of telehealth antigen tests to satisfy their pre-cruise requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results. Unsupervised self-tests will not be accepted for transatlantic sailings. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

Check out our Healthy Sail Center for our full sailing protocols

This information changes September 5, thankfully Guests don't have the 270 day requirement.

All Guests, All Aboard

Updated August 22, 2022 | Effective September 5, 2022 

We’re making it easier for more guests to sail with Royal Caribbean.

Unvaccinated travelers can join us*

Starting with September 5th departures, guests who are not vaccinated can sail on any cruise from the U.S. or Europe (*except itineraries that visit Canada or Bermuda). See more details and browse itineraries. 

Testing protocols will be easier

Starting September 5th, for U.S. cruises that don’t visit Canada or Bermuda: 

Vaccinated guests won’t have to take a pre-cruise test on cruises that are shorter than 10 nights.

Unvaccinated guests age 5 and up will need to test within 3 days before boarding, regardless of cruise length.

We will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details

54 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

This information changes September 5, thankfully Guests don't have the 270 day requirement.

All Guests, All Aboard

Updated August 22, 2022 | Effective September 5, 2022 

We’re making it easier for more guests to sail with Royal Caribbean.

Unvaccinated travelers can join us*

Starting with September 5th departures, guests who are not vaccinated can sail on any cruise from the U.S. or Europe (*except itineraries that visit Canada or Bermuda). See more details and browse itineraries. 

Testing protocols will be easier

Starting September 5th, for U.S. cruises that don’t visit Canada or Bermuda: 

Vaccinated guests won’t have to take a pre-cruise test on cruises that are shorter than 10 nights.

Unvaccinated guests age 5 and up will need to test within 3 days before boarding, regardless of cruise length.

We will begin accepting results from self-administered home tests. See full testing details

Those are new requirements for Transatlantics only that just came out today concerning Vac and Testing.

1 minute ago, LEtue said:

Leaves me out....I am not boosted and have no plans to do so.  

Hard to believe that we are still dealing with this after 2+ years ☹️

We're sailing on Brilliance B2B.  No requirement to be boosted on the first leg (just test 2 days prior), but if not boosted for the TA, will have to test 24 hours out since we are out of the 270 day window.  I'm not boosted either and also have no plans to do so.  I'll just take an eMed test the night before we get to Civitavecchia.

2 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We're sailing on Brilliance B2B.  No requirement to be boosted on the first leg (just test 2 days prior), but if not boosted for the TA, will have to test 24 hours out since we are out of the 270 day window.  I'm not boosted either and also have no plans to do so.  I'll just take an eMed test the night before we get to Civitavecchia.

So you don’t need to have your last shot within 270 days to enter Italy? I’m leaving from Barcelona and will need to get a booster to enter Spain, since I’m 270 days over my last vax. I’m not boosted either, but if I need it to enter Spain, I’m waiting for new one to come out.

My wife and I are “fully vaccinated” but it’s been over a year for the second shot and no booster for either one of us. We have an October 31st 2022 TA from Rome to Fort Lauderdale, so the way I read this we both have to get a booster sometime in the next 60 days. Does this sound correct?

3 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

My wife and I are “fully vaccinated” but it’s been over a year for the second shot and no booster for either one of us. We have an October 31st 2022 TA from Rome to Fort Lauderdale, so the way I read this we both have to get a booster sometime in the next 60 days. Does this sound correct?

The cruise line recommends. I think it depends on what the country requires.

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

So you don’t need to have your last shot within 270 days to enter Italy? I’m leaving from Barcelona and will need to get a booster to enter Spain, since I’m 270 days over my last vax. I’m not boosted either, but if I need it to enter Spain, I’m waiting for new one to come out.

We're sailing out of Ravenna, Italy, and there are no Vax requirements to enter Italy.  I would double check, but I don't think you need even a Vax to enter Spain much less a booster.  If you are taking a TA, you will either need booster or take a test 24 hours prior. 

4 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

No, you don't need a booster if you are fully vaccinated.  You just need to take an Antigen test 24 hours prior to the cruise.

11 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

If you are not boosted, you can still cruise. You just need to take the PCR test within 72 hours, or Antigen test within 24 hours. And it must be proctored. 
If you are boosted, then you can take either PCR or Antigen within 3 days. 

Edited by seapad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We're sailing out of Ravenna, Italy, and there are no Vax requirements to enter Italy.  I would double check, but I don't think you need even a Vax to enter Spain much less a booster.  If you are taking a TA, you will either need booster or take a test 24 hours prior. 

Yes, I am on Wonder TA out of Barcelona. The cruise line only recommends booster, but Spain requires it since I am over the 270 days. Of course, Royal does not mention that. I have to go directly to a Spain website for their requirements.

Edited by crzndeb

51 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Those are new requirements for Transatlantics only that just came out today concerning Vac and Testing.

Wineaux, What I posted was from Royal Caribbean's website.   Please show a link to what you posted.

George

31 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Prior to booking our TA to Italy in April, I researched Italy's requirements and there are no vaccination requirements for Italy.  

Spain has the 270 requirement, but you can still enter if you have a COVID test before you depart.

Also, I read that Spain is likely to drop the 270 requirement completely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Wineaux, What I posted was from Royal Caribbean's website.   Please show a link to what you posted.

George

It's an email RCI sent out today to all of us with TA bookings in October and November.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

George

I copied/pasted from an email I received from Royal Caribbean around Noon today.

9 minutes ago, Anton said:

It's an email RCI sent out today to all of us with TA bookings in October and November.

My cruise is next April, and I have NOT received any email from Royal.

Royal needs to get is act together.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Could change 10 times before April 2023, no rush in getting out your email.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Could change 10 times before April 2023, no rush in getting out your email.

Right,

But if it comes down to Royal changing its policy to require the 270 day "fully vaccinated" rule, then I will cancel.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

So, since you are not doing a TA in October or November why would you receive an email?  They haven't a clue what protocols will be in force for April 2023.  No person or government entity with control over cruise ships knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LEtue said:

Leaves me out....I am not boosted and have no plans to do so.  

Hard to believe that we are still dealing with this after 2+ years ☹️

Agreed…Covid 2019…it’s almost 2023…sick of it!!!

• Like 4