Dive In Movies, What's going on!?

tap_out

9 hours ago, mondello said:

They probably have it over at the bar so they can hit your S&S card for $3. I don’t think I even saw it on Sunshine or Vista; saw it on Valor when I was passing by. I don’t care for movies until after dark. 

Makes sense, now that they charge for the popcorn they need to keep it by the bar.

21 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Sound more like a low priority staffing issue than movies

A poor choice of films and hitting play sounds like a staffing issue problem?

The "staffing issue" excuse is such BS. Many companies just relying on people buying this excuse to cut costs and work the existing workers harder.

Same as all the problems with pilots in the airline industry.

If they wouldn't have taken the covid assisrance earmarked to paying employees during the lockdowns and instead pocketed it and encouraged any employees near retirement to leave, we wouldn't have the problems we do today.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Does anyone know how to find out what the paid Imax movies on Vista are?  We are going on it later this month.

I seen posts that said they’re not allowed to promote/advertise the iMax listings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bguppies said:

A poor choice of films and hitting play sounds like a staffing issue problem?

The "staffing issue" excuse is such BS. Many companies just relying on people buying this excuse to cut costs and work the existing workers harder.

Same as all the problems with pilots in the airline industry.

If they wouldn't have taken the covid assisrance earmarked to paying employees during the lockdowns and instead pocketed it and encouraged any employees near retirement to leave, we wouldn't have the problems we do today.

No cruise line crew member was offered any retirement incentive.  Visa issues are the reason for delay in onboarding crew.

17 hours ago, bguppies said:

Keep believing this.

?  You do know the crew needs US work visas for ships porting in the US?  The Federal Dept that does this spent two years "working from home".  Cruiselines don't provide retirement benefits to crew and they certainly don't offer buyouts.  

On 9/3/2022 at 10:29 AM, Anyislandwilldo said:

On my last cruise I wanted to watch House of Gucci with Lady Gaga but it started at 12:00 AM!!!  I couldn't stay up that late to watch a movie.  What were they thinking??

Generally they will show one R rated movie a cruise and start it late to deter kids would assume. Im guessing this was rated R. 

• Like 2

Between this and my review thread seems like a ton of people enjoy the Dive In Movies just as much as I do. Maybe I should forward this onto John Heald?

Also wondering if anyone else has anymore feedback if these changes are happening fleet wide or we just lucked out on the Magic. 

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, tap_out said:

Between this and my review thread seems like a ton of people enjoy the Dive In Movies just as much as I do. Maybe I should forward this onto John Heald?

Also wondering if anyone else has anymore feedback if these changes are happening fleet wide or we just lucked out on the Magic. 

Please don't, the cracks about CC coming from him are barely enough to tolerate.

This love and hate relationship share a history that are only popular with his fans.

5 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Please don't, the cracks about CC coming from him are barely enough to tolerate.

This love and hate relationship share a history that are only popular with his fans.

I have never seen him mention CC. Although I don't really follow him closely. I will say any time he post a complaint from someone, people are vultures on the comments defending him and carnival. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tap_out said:

I have never seen him mention CC. Although I don't really follow him closely. I will say any time he post a complaint from someone, people are vultures on the comments defending him and carnival. 

Man, they sure do.  Viciously.

He won't ever say "Cruise Critic" like that, but just like the IMAX offerings he disguises it in a way that people who know, know.

• Like 1

On our last cruise on the Pride in March, they showed the newest James Bond twice, both times at 6PM when we were heading in to dinner.   The rest of the movies were "throw backs" - all old movies (like 13 Going On 30 for instance) or animated, because it was the 50th Carnival anniversary cruise.  We were disappointed to say the least.

Our next cruise is in October - generally the offerings in October are Halloween themed, many, if not all, older reruns.  At least that's how it was last year and in previous years in October.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2022 at 8:19 PM, Elaine5715 said:

?  You do know the crew needs US work visas for ships porting in the US?  The Federal Dept that does this spent two years "working from home".  Cruiselines don't provide retirement benefits to crew and they certainly don't offer buyouts.  

I never said they offered buyouts like the airlines.

But if you believe staffing issues are 100% visa issues you're living in denial.

Companies are riding that excuse for cost cutting reasons.

A year from now they'll still be using the same excuse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:33 PM, momof3cruisers said:

On one of my cruises since the restart, they were playing movies on the Lido in the afternoon. So weird! It was very hard to see the screen in the bright sunlight. None in the evening at all. Pretty sure that was on Freedom last October. 

Yep that is how it was last week on the Radiance. Movie in the afternoon ( looked like one geared towards kids)  playing REALLY loud in the bright sun with maybe two people watching 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bguppies said:

I never said they offered buyouts like the airlines.

But if you believe staffing issues are 100% visa issues you're living in denial.

Companies are riding that excuse for cost cutting reasons.

A year from now they'll still be using the same excuse.

You are confusing industries.  Crew are one of the least expenses for cruise lines, they don't have the legacy costs or benefit burdens like US costs.  Last two times sailing out of Port Canaveral, there was close to 200 crew onboarding two ships.  I have had the "pleasure"  working with state and federal agencies across multiple departments for 30 plus years and the RIDICULOUSNESS of their excuses for not doing their jobs over the past three years is enough to suggest most should be terminated.   

• Like 1