Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

21 hours ago, arxcards said:

I will watch with great interest, as you will be cruising every day until we get another chance.

Sorry, misinterpreted - though you were doing all 4 on the list. That would have been twice as nice, but will enjoy reading about your B2B all the same.

Great that Sydney has turned on such a wonderful day for embarkation and sailaway. 

Bon Voyage

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Sorry, misinterpreted - though you were doing all 4 on the list. That would have been twice as nice, but will enjoy reading about your B2B all the same.

Great that Sydney has turned on such a wonderful day for embarkation and sailaway. 

Bon Voyage

Not that wonderful. 😒

Screenshot_20220903-102133_BOM Weather.jpg

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not really. It is just work getting in the way, and it is hard to sneak away. I have plenty of leave, but much prefer cruising with Barb, and she has to be more selective around cruising mostly on her days off.

Just about picking times and going with what we can fit in. Not all bad. We disembarked Coral 2 weeks ago, back on again in 5 weeks time, and have Majestic in October as well.

Yea I know how fitting around work thing goes 🥰🥰🥰 we’re looking fwd to our first ever cruise 28 days, followed in September 23 with 35 days Hawaii and 14 days Alaska cruise in June 23! That’s our bucket list done!!!

will plan to do domestic cruising then! We gave one year worldwide insurance for Frank so making the most of it!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Yea I know how fitting around work thing goes 🥰🥰🥰 we’re looking fwd to our first ever cruise 28 days, followed in September 23 with 35 days Hawaii and 14 days Alaska cruise in June 23! That’s our bucket list done!!!

will plan to do domestic cruising then! We gave one year worldwide insurance for Frank so making the most of it!

Tell me please..'What is work.?   I left that zone in 2003.

395547914_Tshirt.jpg.2458aafc8c15be90a46b911b04a5472d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I thought you two were still working in the Church?

Still working at ministry always, no longer employed as full time office manager & PA (me). Also it’s not financed by any church though we attend a base one. He is Officially “Frank Webber Ministries”

Frank runs a service here at our community, but no longer travels worldwide ministering.

Except when we go South Africa (eg Pretoria november- arrive Tuesday, recover from flight Thursday then me doing office training seminar, frank running leadership seminar, both running all day marriage seminar then frank will preach 3 times Sunday before we fly to capetown on the Monday).

now instead of repeat repeat lots time in capetown, we relax mainly. That’s retirement. 🥰

Edited by Cbtours
  • Like 4

For those of you embarking over the next month or so - enjoy!!!! For those boarding today it’ll be good to escape this miserable weather.

I am thinking to maybe surprise Tracey with Majestic Princess 11N QLD coastal Oct 20. As most know, we normally are ‘Royal’ but we did enjoy Sun Princess in 2017. 

Thoughts? It just seems a long wait until Ovation to NZ in March!

Edited by mr walker
Typo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mr walker said:

For those of you embarking over the next month or so - enjoy!!!! For those boarding today it’ll be good to escape this miserable weather.

I am thinking to maybe surprise Tracey with Majestic Princess 11N QLD coastal Oct 20. As most know, we normally are ‘Royal’ but we did enjoy Sun Princess in 2017. 

Thoughts? It just seems a long wait until Ovation to NZ in March!

Thoughts? I agree, way too long to wait. Tracey deserves a surprise. Book it today! 😁

We have sort of preferred Princess in the past, but would happily book anything that would fit from Royal, HAL, Celebrity, NCL - or even P&O.

Particularly if you are booking with a plus package, Medallion enhances everything. A short 3 night cruise on Coral now has us only looking at Princess itineraries at present. The pricing is also part of that.

We indirectly booked the QLD 11 nighter over 2 years ago, ending up on this cruise after it was cancelled last year and having Royal Princess taken away. Our booking has bounced to a nominated alternate cruise each time, keeping the price and extras plus some OBC for the inconvenience. We thought 3 nights of Princess was so good, we can't wait for this 11 nighter in 7 weeks time.

Edited by arxcards
Can't count
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bazshirl2 said:

Yes Uncle Les, having retired late last century I don't know where I found the time to go to work!

I also don't know how I made time to go to work. 

My days are so full now with the things I want to do

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Still working at ministry always, no longer employed as full time office manager & PA (me). Also it’s not financed by any church though we attend a base one. He is Officially “Frank Webber Ministries”

Frank runs a service here at our community, but no longer travels worldwide ministering.

Except when we go South Africa (eg Pretoria november- arrive Tuesday, recover from flight Thursday then me doing office training seminar, frank running leadership seminar, both running all day marriage seminar then frank will preach 3 times Sunday before we fly to capetown on the Monday).

now instead of repeat repeat lots time in capetown, we relax mainly. That’s retirement. 🥰

Sounds a very interesting life for you both

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took 15 mins from dropping off bags to our stateroom. We had everything completed on the app and was only asked for ID and vac certificate, then collected our medallion. We had group B which was 11.30 but arrived by train early at 10.45 and was ushered straight through.

Change  of itinerary due to bad weather along the coast. Overnight in Sydney and sail at 4pm tomorrow. Miss Brisbane and straight to Airlie beach. Then an extended time in cairns 9pm instead of 6pm.

best hotel in Sydney 😊

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stki said:

Took 15 mins from dropping off bags to our stateroom. We had everything completed on the app and was only asked for ID and vac certificate, then collected our medallion. We had group B which was 11.30 but arrived by train early at 10.45 and was ushered straight through.

Change  of itinerary due to bad weather along the coast. Overnight in Sydney and sail at 4pm tomorrow. Miss Brisbane and straight to Airlie beach. Then an extended time in cairns 9pm instead of 6pm.

best hotel in Sydney 😊

A night on board or can you get off for a night on the town?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

A night on board or can you get off for a night on the town?

You can get off if you wish, but we are staying onboard . Dinner and drinks package and view of the opera house from our balcony. 

• Like 5

We're onboard as well. We arrived at the OOT around 11:15am for Group B boarding. There was a Platinum/Elite lane before you entered the terminal and another one in the check-in area. It's a two-stage check-in, scan the QR code and verify drivers licence and vaccination cert, plus attest to negative RAT. then pick up your medallion - this waas a bit slow for us as we had a last minute cabin change. The people previously booked in our cabin must have ordered some of the fancy medallion stuff so they searched that before getting our medallions.

The next slow point was security. They decided they had to check our Aldi powerboard on the ship. You'd think they'd recognise those ones by now. I hope we get it back but we have a Plan B double adaptor just in case.

Finally we were on the ship, around 11:45am. We dropped our carry-ons in our cabin then went up to the Sanctuary to book our sea day afternoons (weather permitting). Then back to our cabin to watch the safety briefing, down to Sabatinis which is our muster station, and then to the MDR for lunch. We were delighted to find the MDR hostess and the Club Class waiters remembered us from the June cruise. We had a delicious lunch and chatted with the couple sitting near us.

After lunch it was back to our cabin to unpack. We swapped our mini-bar for bottled water as we drink a lot of that at night but rarely drink minibar stuff. Then we were given two half bottles of wine and a bottle of sparkling wine. I think they're determined to get us drinking in cabin.🤣

I haven't heard any formal announcements yet but we might be overnighting at Circular Quay and starting the run north tomorrow to avoide some nasty seas. We'll miss Brisbane which doesn't bother us as we were just going to stay on the ship that day.

20220903_150928.jpg

20220903_150920.jpg

• Like 4

We have one of the Club Class minisuites on Caribe deck, on the corner of the bump-out. The downside is the balcony is tiny, barely enough room for two chairs and a table. We have footstools but I'm not sure where we can fit them. 

The upside is that our balcony has views straight out and aft although the curve does make it smaller.

16621833424051582378601460282410.jpg

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, sagittarius said:

Great to read can still have lunch on embarkation day in MDR. Which one was used? Love a quiet meal to start my holiday. 

The Bordeaux MDR on deck 5, which has Club Class in one corner.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have one of the Club Class minisuites on Caribe deck, on the corner of the bump-out. The downside is the balcony is tiny, barely enough room for two chairs and a table. We have footstools but I'm not sure where we can fit them. 

The upside is that our balcony has views straight out and aft although the curve does make it smaller.

16621833424051582378601460282410.jpg

That’s a great bonus, I’ve wondered about the bump out balconies. Did you select it ? Or allocated?

51 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're onboard as well. We arrived at the OOT around 11:15am for Group B boarding. There was a Platinum/Elite lane before you entered the terminal and another one in the check-in area. It's a two-stage check-in, scan the QR code and verify drivers licence and vaccination cert, plus attest to negative RAT. then pick up your medallion - this waas a bit slow for us as we had a last minute cabin change. The people previously booked in our cabin must have ordered some of the fancy medallion stuff so they searched that before getting our medallions.

The next slow point was security. They decided they had to check our Aldi powerboard on the ship. You'd think they'd recognise those ones by now. I hope we get it back but we have a Plan B double adaptor just in case.

Finally we were on the ship, around 11:45am. We dropped our carry-ons in our cabin then went up to the Sanctuary to book our sea day afternoons (weather permitting). Then back to our cabin to watch the safety briefing, down to Sabatinis which is our muster station, and then to the MDR for lunch. We were delighted to find the MDR hostess and the Club Class waiters remembered us from the June cruise. We had a delicious lunch and chatted with the couple sitting near us.

After lunch it was back to our cabin to unpack. We swapped our mini-bar for bottled water as we drink a lot of that at night but rarely drink minibar stuff. Then we were given two half bottles of wine and a bottle of sparkling wine. I think they're determined to get us drinking in cabin.🤣

I haven't heard any formal announcements yet but we might be overnighting at Circular Quay and starting the run north tomorrow to avoide some nasty seas. We'll miss Brisbane which doesn't bother us as we were just going to stay on the ship that day.

20220903_150928.jpg

20220903_150920.jpg

Great report, makes me miss being onboard so much lol

• Like 1