Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

For those of you embarking over the next month or so - enjoy!!!! For those boarding today it’ll be good to escape this miserable weather.

I am thinking to maybe surprise Tracey with Majestic Princess 11N QLD coastal Oct 20. As most know, we normally are ‘Royal’ but we did enjoy Sun Princess in 2017. 

Thoughts? It just seems a long wait until Ovation to NZ in March!

Do it! 🥰

53 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

That’s a great bonus, I’ve wondered about the bump out balconies. Did you select it ? Or allocated?

Hi, we've had those cabins before although on other ships. We chose them after doing some research. They are nice for the easy, wider view although you lose a bit of privacy from balcony people that can see easily into your balcony. That doesn't bother us. You lose a small amount of space from the curve of the balcony, but nothing of concern 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi, we've had those cabins before although on other ships. We chose them after doing some research. They are nice for the easy, wider view although you lose a bit of privacy from balcony people that can see easily into your balcony. That doesn't bother us. You lose a small amount of space from the curve of the balcony, but nothing of concern 🙂

Good to know.

58 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

That’s a great bonus, I’ve wondered about the bump out balconies. Did you select it ? Or allocated?

We were originally in a regular mini-suite aft but my PVP waitlisted us for a Club Class mini-suite or a suite. We got the email "Waitlistmatch..." late Tuesday afternoon. Oddly enough we'd picked one of the forward looking bump out balconies on the original 22nd August cruise that was cancelled. I think if you want a mini-suite the ones on Dolphin deck would be better, the balconies are twice the depth of this one. Same depth as the suite balconies but half the width. This one is very squeezy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We were originally in a regular mini-suite aft but my PVP waitlisted us for a Club Class mini-suite or a suite. We got the email "Waitlistmatch..." late Tuesday afternoon. Oddly enough we'd picked one of the forward looking bump out balconies on the original 22nd August cruise that was cancelled. I think if you want a mini-suite the ones on Dolphin deck would be better, the balconies are twice the depth of this one. Same depth as the suite balconies but half the width. This one is very squeezy.

That’s great waitlist came through.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The next slow point was security. They decided they had to check our Aldi powerboard on the ship. You'd think they'd recognise those ones by now. I hope we get it back but we have a Plan B double adaptor just in case.

We have had that twice with a "safe" twin powerboard as well. Casual security staff are rarely electrically trained, and just working off a checklist that says no powerboards. With those USB outlets, I doubt we will bother taking again for Princess. For the cabin to have an Aussie, 2 x USB, and packing adaptor pins to use one of the US outlets - plenty for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

on Caribe deck, on the corner of the bump-out. The downside is the balcony is tiny, barely enough room for two chairs and a table. We have footstools but I'm not sure where we can fit them. 

That's interesting to know. I have booked a regular balcony suite on Baja deck for my November cruise, and I picked one on the bump-out corner, thinking it would have a better view than the others. I didn't think about the size of the balcony or the amount of privacy.  Maybe a beginner's mistake?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have one of the Club Class minisuites on Caribe deck, on the corner of the bump-out. The downside is the balcony is tiny, barely enough room for two chairs and a table. We have footstools but I'm not sure where we can fit them. 

The upside is that our balcony has views straight out and aft although the curve does make it smaller.

16621833424051582378601460282410.jpg

In 5 weeks we have the same cabin, but two decks above yours, except those on Aloha aren't club class. When we booked, I was glad of that view, but hoping for a little more privacy from above.

I certainly hope the ship is nose in and we can enjoy Sydney Harbour for the afternoon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stki said:

You can get off if you wish, but we are staying onboard . Dinner and drinks package and view of the opera house from our balcony. 

The same great night view from my balcony which is larger than the one I had in July but still on Caribe deck. There is now a new band but I am missing the Cruise Control band which I really enjoyed! 

• Like 1

I was lucky with boarding! I took a cab from the airport to the terminal early  to drop off my case and then have a walk. I was told to go straight onboard even though I mentioned my Group C boarding time!  I was in my cabin by 11.00am. Very few people there and I didn’t have to wait at all in the priority lane. The best boarding experience I have ever had! 

• Like 4

Boarding must have started very early. I was walking the area at 10.30 and noticed there were no crowds and they were already boarding. I was in my cabin by 10.45 despite being blue lane on my app and arrival group E.  Maybe the very low passenger count on the previous cruise made cleaning and preparing the ship easy so that embarkation started so early.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

A few minutes ago,  just before 8 am in Sunday 4th of September,  the ship us still in port.

Live camera shot from Kirribilli. 

Shouldn't she have left yesterday mid afternoon?

Screenshot_20220904-075817_Samsung Internet.jpg

Due to adverse weather and sea conditions up the northern NSW coast the Captain chose to stay in port overnight. We leave at 4pm and will miss the Brisbane port stop.

44 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't often get a chance to see the Opera House just as dawn is breaking but I did this morning.

20220904_055637.jpg

Lovely, we had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago, having arrived before first light. One of the pluses of these mid-year cruises. We haven't been lucky enough to overnight at OPT - we would have sat on the balcony until the ferries were parked for the night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Lovely, we had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago, having arrived before first light. One of the pluses of these mid-year cruises. We haven't been lucky enough to overnight at OPT - we would have sat on the balcony until the ferries were parked for the night.

That would be wonderful to do that.  On my first cruise overseas, our ship departed Acapulco at 4 am.  I sat on the balcony, like you suggested, and watched a whole new world of bright lights take place.  Happy crew disembarked to spend a night on the town,  Passengers returned at all hours, prior to 4 am.  

• Like 2