People Filling Water Bottles

What words do people not understand?

On the Voyager of the Seas and it's amazing how many people can't read, or just have complete disregard. 

It has clear signage do not fill your water bottles. 

Im seeing people put the mouth of their water bottle on the spigot of the water spout.

Nothing like spreading your germs. 

The staff is doing a good job of asking them not to, and showing them the proper way but really. Adults need to be told ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This was a big pet peeve of mine on Enchantment.  The signage is clear as day.  I did not see any staff telling people not to do this.  

One time I was waiting a while to get some lemonade and then I saw the woman was filling her water bottle so I just put my cup down anyway. 

I asked Guest Services where I could fill up my water bottle.  It must have been the first time anyone asked.  Three employees were consulted.  They finally told me I could go to the fitness center or fill a cup up and then transfer to my water bottle.

The water fountain in the fitness center says not to fill up water bottles.

I filled my water bottle up in the WJ by putting water in a cup and transferring.  I saw a couple other people do this, but most did not.  

In my survey, I said that the ships need water bottle filling stations.  At least one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.   Fill them sure....but use a cup first and then fill their bottle from that.  

Ewww...like kissing strangers when they stick the used lip of their reusable bottle directly on the spigot....gross!!  🤢

And then they head on up to the WJ. 🤢

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Personally I don't mind.

It's not really a matter of whether any of us like it or don't like it. 

The cruise line has guidelines and rules, like the many other rules we need to abide by to cruise. This one is no different. 

I just don't understand people's complete disregard when there is a sign right in front of them. 

It's about --- Follow the guidelines & rules. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, brillohead said:

That's why I've never seen one.  I see no reason to ruin a perfectly good cruise by going to the gym!  🤣

The gym does have a water fountain.  This is the only place I saw one.

I wonder how hard it would be to put in a bottle refill station somewhere on the ship.  Not gym.  Would need to be more accessible to cruisers.  A lot of people do not go to the gym.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Personally I don't mind.

People make too big a deal out of this.

It won't hurt anyone..

I find it irritating when all I was is a glass of water and I have to stand behind and wait on someone filling up their water jug. . .

• Like 1

Just buy the water.  No need to risk getting sick from a malfunctioning water system they maintain as well as the air conditioning filters, which have been shown here to be completely clogged, and that’s what you see.  Imagine what is hidden from passenger view?  Better safe than sorry! Don’t ruin your cruise to save a few dollars regardless of what you read here.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

I just don't understand people's complete disregard when there is a sign right in front of them. 

It's about --- Follow the guidelines & rules. 

Have you met....people?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

That's why I've never seen one.  I see no reason to ruin a perfectly good cruise by going to the gym!  🤣

I am a gym rat and no way am I cruising or land vacation without hitting the gym.  At home, about 2 hours a day.  On the ship, I settle for an hour.  Am at the gym by 5:30 am to get my hour in and feel good for the rest of the day.  Unlike a lot of people, I see no reason to gain weight just b/c I am on a cruise.  I eat no different than at home.  Because I work out, rarely do I come back from vacation gaining more than a pound.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I am a gym rat and no way am I cruising or land vacation without hitting the gym.  At home, about 2 hours a day.  On the ship, I settle for an hour.  Am at the gym by 5:30 am to get my hour in and feel good for the rest of the day.  Unlike a lot of people, I see no reason to gain weight just b/c I am on a cruise.  I eat no different than at home.  Because I work out, rarely do I come back from vacation gaining more than a pound.

I don't think brillo was judging you for going to the gym, just saying it's not for everyone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

100%. "Some" think it's a time to pile on the food and go for it all. We are also in the gym every morning as both are competitive athletes. Wife CrossFit, me a pro athlete. We try to keep the same routine as home, but do enjoy ourselves as we meal plan year round and splurge on vacation. It always amazes us when we see some much food piled high on two plates being carried by someone in the Windjammer. Everything is good in moderation. Gotta love all of the variety of food on a cruise as I'm a huge foodie 🙂. We use to refill our bottles, but out of respect to others, just purchase the water package.

Edited by pfdaxe358
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, pfdaxe358 said:

100%. "Some" think it's a time to pile on the food and go for it all. We are also in the gym every morning as both are competitive athletes. Wife CrossFit, me a pro athlete. We try to keep the same routine as home, but do enjoy ourselves as we meal plan year round and splurge on vacation. It always amazes us when we see some much food piled high on two plates being carried by someone in the Windjammer. Everything is good in moderation. Gotta love all of the variety of food on a cruise as I'm a huge foodie 🙂. We use to refill our bottles, but out of respect to others, just purchase the water package.

Look up the theory of perceived abundance

Edited by joeyancho