Southampton Parking

wowzz

Another forum is reporting that the port authority is banning meet and greet parking companies from using the multi stories adjacent to the terminals.

This would affect companies such as Parking4cruises. 

Anyone heard similar  reports ?

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Another forum is reporting that the port authority is banning meet and greet parking companies from using the multi stories adjacent to the terminals.

What are they stopping them using them for?

P4C use the short term ground level car park for meet and return, and they have their own car park facility

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

We have used P4C and as John said, when we did the drop and collect area was in a ground level car park, just beyond the official one.  We have been told the cars were taken to a warehouse which is not far away - very little milage was travelled by them.

Edited by tring

There have been a number of cruisers who have used P4C and have met their reps as instructed in short stay car park when they have got home they have received parking fines from Parking Eye. I know that P4C have told people to contact them about fines and they will get them rescinded which they have done. Dont know if this has lead to complaints from Parking Eye or ABP who I think own short stay car parks.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

What are they stopping them using them for?

P4C use the short term ground level car park for meet and return, and they have their own car park facility

Yes, and the port authorities are stoping the use of that ground level car park.

Seems ridiculous to me. The authority will lose income,  and the likes of Parking4cruises will find another reception area.

Apparently this as usual been taking completely out of context according to a report on Faceache from somebody who has contacted one of the operators that use short stay car parks for meet and greet. He was told and I quote "an email was sent to the outside 'meet and greet' operators regarding stopping access to the QE2 terminal short stay as it was needed for staff. After some negotiation, it was agreed that each operator could use no more than 15 spaces; which is adequate for their operations. Under the current legislation, the port authority cannot exclude access to parking competitors, so looks like the initial report on social media has been taken out of context".

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Apparently this as usual been taking completely out of context according to a report on Faceache from somebody who has contacted one of the operators that use short stay car parks for meet and greet. He was told and I quote "an email was sent to the outside 'meet and greet' operators regarding stopping access to the QE2 terminal short stay as it was needed for staff. After some negotiation, it was agreed that each operator could use no more than 15 spaces; which is adequate for their operations. Under the current legislation, the port authority cannot exclude access to parking competitors, so looks like the initial report on social media has been taken out of context".

Now there's a surprise!

21 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Thanks for posting this. I just read this on the other site as well.

21 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Have never used CPS before but may have to select for 35 nighter soon. Are they only at Ocean or at Mayflower too? 

Both, but don't wait too long before booking. They fill up quite quickly. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Have never used CPS before but may have to select for 35 nighter soon. Are they only at Ocean or at Mayflower too? 

Is that the Ventura December cruise? She leaves from the Mayflower and we are already booked with with P4C...about £60 cheaper than CPS. Just did a Med cruise and mentioned to P4C guys we'd be back in December and they said no problems. I have no worries (about parking!!!).

Simon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

I would be choosing free parking with P&O select price options. Would this guarantee me a space? 

In that case, yes...you are guaranteed parking with CPS and it sometimes works out the best option of the three on select bookings...just depends.

Simon

7 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

In that case, yes...you are guaranteed parking with CPS and it sometimes works out the best option of the three on select bookings...just depends.

Simon

Thanks. 35 nights parking would be expensive and don't fancy leaving car at home to travel by coach, etc. Also obc is much less than parking cost so no brainer at the moment!

23 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Simon

Are you 100% sure about that ?

If you book late, or confirm your parking slot late, there may be no space left regardless.

I'm sure I've read about people who have had to look elsewhere for parking.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Are you 100% sure about that ?

If you book late, or confirm your parking slot late, there may be no space left regardless.

I'm sure I've read about people who have had to look elsewhere for parking.

Pretty sure. I think if there are no places left, the site won't let you book it. Had that happen to me once on a late booking ages ago, though I stand to be corrected.

Simon

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Pretty sure. I think if there are no places left, the site won't let you book it. Had that happen to me once on a late booking ages ago, though I stand to be corrected.

Simon

So, you still book select fare, but then only have the option of obc or coach transfer? 

5 hours ago, Fionboard said:

I would be choosing free parking with P&O select price options. Would this guarantee me a space? 

Yes if you book it as soon as you book the cruise. CPS are not struggling for actual car parking space it is like every company around the country at the moment struggling for staff which impacts on there usual excellent service.

• Like 1

Highly recommend CPS its a no brainer. Got off ship at 8.15am on the motorway by 8.50am 2wks ago on a Sunday for the long schlep back up north.  Was same outbound, very slick operation we took it along with obc as part of cunard fare when we booked last Feb 😀 hth

6 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

its a no brainer. Got off ship at 8.15am on the motorway by 8.50am

Depending on what is on offer with OBC I would argue that it is not necessarily a "no brainer". Using P4C I have been off the ship and on the road in under half an hour and paid a lot less to do it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, david63 said:

Depending on what is on offer with OBC I would argue that it is not necessarily a "no brainer". Using P4C I have been off the ship and on the road in under half an hour and paid a lot less to do it.

Which is what we have done for our next cruise,  and saved £50 ! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, david63 said:

We were with CPS for our August cruise on Iona, held in a queue for 45 mins before we could unload our baggage.  We spoke to one of the CPS staff who said that lots of people turned up at 11.30, even though their embarkation time was much later.  Our embarkation time was 12, didn't get into the terminal until 1pm. 

Our son who was with P4C drove straight in unloaded his bags and waited for us. Ive changed the free parking to OBC and will in future be going with P4C.    

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, Fionboard said:

Like others mention here, we found that the parking charge with P4C was less than the OBC we would get with our select booking for a couple of cruises.  For shorter cruises (only about a week), their charge can be more than the OBC, but for longer cruises, (including ones for two weeks), it has been less for us.  Definitely worth doing the sums with that.

• Like 1