RCCL newb question

tunafish

Hi all,

Decided to venture out of our regular line and try RCCL. I have two questions: Is getting specialty dining really cheaper before the cruise or it is a marketing gimmick? We are in the room 8729 on harmony, which is the boardwalk balcony. what to expect there? is privacy an issue? Thank you!!!

16 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Hi all,

Decided to venture out of our regular line and try RCCL. I have two questions: Is getting specialty dining really cheaper before the cruise or it is a marketing gimmick? We are in the room 8729 on harmony, which is the boardwalk balcony. what to expect there? is privacy an issue? Thank you!!!

Yes, purchasing specialty dining beforehand is cheaper 

You will definitely want to make sure you close your curtains if you don't want your neighbour's across the way to see into your room. 

19 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Hi all,

It can be cheaper depending on how many others decided to pay for it.  If they are "empty", they may discount the price.  But we have found it to be rare that we can save that much by waiting, and would prefer to have a reservation made before hand.

As far as #8729 on Harmony...We've had the four cabins above this one on deck #9. The kids Luckey Climber is right under your balcony !! Personally I wouldn't book these cabins again..(noise, lack of privacy and the cabin just felt very small) but hope you have a different experience than we did.

Never stayed in a boardwalk cabin but from what others have said it is a bit noisy.  Your balcony is definitely not "private" as those across the way can see in.  Also can be see from the boardwalk.  But your balcony is a great place to people watch.  Cruise mapper shows it has an obstructed view?  Don't know if this is still a "perk" 

Passengers booked in Boardwalk Balcony cabins receive as bonus perks (complimentary amenities) the "EAT-DRINK-PLAY" exclusive package, which includes:

• 1 free meal (for 4 pax) at "Johnny Rockets"
  • 1 free "Royal Refreshment" drink package (for 2 pax)
  • 1 "Rock Climbing Wall" exclusive session (for the whole family)

On 9/3/2022 at 6:29 PM, tunafish said:

Hi all,

On our cruise planner today UDP is 65% off, 10 nights on Quantum is priced at $211. With 10 dinners and 7 sea day lunches the price per meal is under $13. Can't beat Chops for 13 dollars. Take heed on post #4, I would definitely move higher and more forward. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cindyscruise said:

Never stayed in a boardwalk cabin but from what others have said it is a bit noisy.  Your balcony is definitely not "private" as those across the way can see in.  Also can be see from the boardwalk.  But your balcony is a great place to people watch.  Cruise mapper shows it has an obstructed view?  Don't know if this is still a "perk" 

Passengers booked in Boardwalk Balcony cabins receive as bonus perks (complimentary amenities) the "EAT-DRINK-PLAY" exclusive package, which includes:

• 1 free meal (for 4 pax) at "Johnny Rockets"
  • 1 free "Royal Refreshment" drink package (for 2 pax)
  • 1 "Rock Climbing Wall" exclusive session (for the whole family)

That has not been a perk for YEARS

M

On 9/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, tunafish said:

Hi all,

Enjoy  the cruise but just remember - If you can see across  in someone's room, they can see in yours. 

M

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, tunafish said:

Hi all,

1: Yes, for the most part cheaper 

2: Your neighbours across the way can potentially see in your room.  Leave sheers closed if you don’t want to be seen.