Concierge lunch any different than embarkation lunch in MDR

CU64

1 hour ago, Caroldoll said:

Just curious.  We are in a Sky Suite.  Is there anywhere to get lunch, even to pay for it?  This is on embarkation day??

Absolutely! The buffet is open, spa café is open, and mast grill outside for burgers. But since you were willing to pay, I will share my secret. Go to sushi on five (raw on 5). Much less hectic on embarkation day then getting through the busy buffet crowd. Best part, the food is outstanding and not overly priced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

Absolutely! The buffet is open, spa café is open, and mast grill outside for burgers. But since you were willing to pay, I will share my secret. Go to sushi on five (raw on 5). Much less hectic on embarkation day then getting through the busy buffet crowd. Best part, the food is outstanding and not overly priced.

I ate at sushi on 5 one day recently cant remembered what I paid but yes the food is excellent 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I ate at sushi on 5 one day recently cant remembered what I paid but yes the food is excellent 

I travel solo quite often and hate buffets so either go to MDR on sea days or aqua spa. Once a few years ago I left a drink and a tote bag on a chair below my drink in the buffet to get some food when I returned drink was gone and bag shoved over on the seat. Occupants said nope our table now.  That's the end of buffets for me.

47 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I travel solo quite often and hate buffets so either go to MDR on sea days or aqua spa. Once a few years ago I left a drink and a tote bag on a chair below my drink in the buffet to get some food when I returned drink was gone and bag shoved over on the seat. Occupants said nope our table now.  That's the end of buffets for me.

So after one poor experience with some rude passengers you will never go back?  I am surprised you cruise at all.  For that matter, since rude people can be found anywhere, I am surprised you leave the house🫤

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

So after one poor experience with some rude passengers you will never go back?  I am surprised you cruise at all.  For that matter, since rude people can be found anywhere, I am surprised you leave the house🫤

@cruisestitchwhere did I state I only had one poor experience?  Bit of an ignorant comment. 

• Like 2

For suites, Luninae is great for lunch on embarkation day. Usually lobster roll is on the menu. I order it without the roll as a side along with the great grilled branzino. There is always the Luninae burger on the lunch menu daily. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 39august said:

For suites, Luninae is great for lunch on embarkation day. Usually lobster roll is on the menu. I order it without the roll as a side along with the great grilled branzino. There is always the Luninae burger on the lunch menu daily. 

Among the best burgers on the seas for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I get it. You only told one incident and said you would never be back. If there was more to the story, it wasn’t revealed.

@Alakegirlon a separate occasion saw a man put scalloped potatoes from buffet onto his plate taste it changed his mind and scraped it back.  Gross if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

@Alakegirlon a separate occasion saw a man put scalloped potatoes from buffet onto his plate taste it changed his mind and scraped it back.  Gross if you ask me. 

Ok that is so disgusting!  What kind of person does that?  Some people have no shame or don’t have any common sense or much of anything else!

11 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Is this the concierge class lunch on embarkation day?  Thank you. 

Yes it is and it hasn't changed. Short ribs are really tasty so is the soup and you avoid the rush of the buffet. 

• Like 1