Has anyone else noticed the extremely LOW refundable deposit fee?

pcur

I booked a cruise over this weekend.  The refundable deposit fee was $15 per person.  I've never seen it this low.  Unfortunately, I use a promo code that's only good for non-refundable deposits, and it usually a $100+ discount.

Anyone else seen this?  I wonder if it's just a sale thing, or maybe permanent?  

I did a mock booking for the Quantum sailing for next year that I am planning. The refundable price added $619 to the nonrefundable total on my selection for a 2 person balcony cabin. Since it's normally $500 deposit for 2, that's not a terrible increase, however, I am sailing on Allure in less than 3 weeks and my docs include an offer to book on board with a $100 per person nonrefundable deposit. That is how we'll do it, since we have 2 older couples and 2 families with a child.

Barb

On 9/4/2022 at 8:00 PM, retird said:

When doing a mock booking how do you know if it is a non refundable deposit and how do you choose a refundable deposit fare?

The fare you see when doing a mock bookng will be the non-refundsble fare. If you want to see the refundable fare, you have to continue further with the mock booking. You'll need to add names, birth dates etc. Once you have done all that you'll be able to see the refundable fare. I always enter a fake name, birth date etc. It will also ask for your C&A number, make sure you leave that blank.

Depends on cabin type most of the time.  Often interior and OV have small upcharges for refundable while balcony cabins can be in the hundreds to have a refundable fare. 

It really depends on ship and sail date.  Never hurts to look, sometimes even balcony cabins are a cheap difference to fully refundable deposit.  

Edited by twangster

11 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The fare you see when doing a mock bookng will be the non-refundsble fare. If you want to see the refundable fare, you have to continue further with the mock booking. You'll need to add names, birth dates etc. Once you have done all that you'll be able to see the refundable fare. I always enter a fake name, birth date etc. It will also ask for your C&A number, make sure you leave that blank.

Thank you.